Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

Guest TheGuest
There's a very simple answer to this question; I think I posted it before.

As things stand now, all I(or a random player who likes RE) have to do is click "I" once. It's very simple, very comfortable, and, most of all, very rewarding to these players who like RE in its full glory.

If the player only likes magrat's encounters, or male encounters, or adult encounters, or "non-evil" encounters - okay, he or she can do so, but they have to "pay" by spending another minute choosing the components.

As such, separating the components into groups and forcing the user to make another choice will, first and foremost, hurt those players who like the encounters; not vice versa.

Besides, with rare exception(say, Anne's brother, who approaches you on the street, or Edwin/Haer'Dalis/Yoshimo, who initiate dialogue), installing the component won't change anything in your game - another character will appear in the Copper Coronet or the Den, another option will appear in a dialogue with Bodhi, but that's it.

Very good point, Kulyok. I approve now.

Agree that Adalon would be a good encounter. Could write it something like this:

As your companions move forward eagerly making for the door and it's promised exit from the underdark, Adalon the silver dragon calls you back

Adalon: (Char -Name) wait.

You turn to look at her. Perhaps because of the constraints of the cavern, or perhaps because changing takes so much effort, Adalon is still in her human guise. You notice her running her hands over her human body, as if intrigued buy it.

how it goes from there would be a question for the public to answer. Personally i would right it for adult content, but a quickie like the Anshai or nymph encounters.

Just a thought, though i personally can't see the Ribald as a romantic encounter, goes to show we all think differently. And was that an endorsement or critique gertjanvh? The other idea for an encounter i had involved Windspears daughter. Since he is already included i think it is a logical progression. It could either begin as you free her, or later when you return to the cabin. My preference would be at the dungeon. Something like this:

(daughter can't remember her name) : You have the key! Quickly free me before i faint from fright!

(Char Name) 1. Smile gently. "As you wish child." - bypasses the encounter.

2. Still riding your adreniline rush from your fight with Firkraag you rake (her Name)'s body with your eyes before comign back up to meet her eyes. (whatever)'s face is red from your glance, but she stares boldly back as you unlock the door. - "good" way through the encounter

3. Still high from your bloody victory you stare at her through the bars. She notices your intense look and begins to flush under your direct gaze. She licks her lips, perhaps nervously, perhaps showing some other emotion. "My, my lord?" - "evil' route

You could coonect either 2 or 3 with a class or charisma req. :D

I really enjoyed having each decision make a difference to what was going on as well as the ending outcome. I also think it would be interesting to play an encounter that has long term consequences, above and beyond possibly ending your romance with J, V, or A. Perhaps being able to come back and sleep with her again. Or come back right before going and find out (blank) as become pregnant.

I have a question be the way: Did SOA have it's own epilogues for your parties NPC's. I bought both SOA and TOB, so i have never played the one without the other.

Why has nobody done a Soul Gem romantic encounter?

Although I desperately want to just end this post here, let someone come along and say "Oh, did you have the svirfneblin in mind? Or maybe the lich or the madman, that might be interesting!" thus setting up my ensuing punchline, I'm not very confident that I'm actually going to get the straight line I seek, so I will simply forge ahead without it.

~(As you caress the facets of the mysterious soul gem, you feel it begin to swell beneath your careful fingers with the pent-up energies of the centuries.)~

= ~Again, again! My facets yearn to be polished by you! No lapidary could ever touch me the way you have! Take off your loupe, darling! I want you to see me as I truly am!~

Etc.

Was sweet. :D Reminds me of an old fight in my family: "I will sleep with the plush Cthulhu dolphin!" - "No, I will!" - "You don't care about him, he wants to be caressed by me!" - "You don't know how to do it! Give him to me, or else!" - "Grr!" - "Rrrrr!"

... on the second thought, I'm voting for the Athkatla encounter, in Max Frei style. The city falls in love with the protagonist... and refuses to let go! Demons of jealousy and intrigue gallore.

(And, yes, as soon as you said "soul gem", I immediately thought about the gem itself. Which, naturally, brings us to Lilacor encounter.)

Ah but us ladies get to diddle Garren himself.

One thing chaps don't get is an encounter in Brynnlaw - ladies get two, which seems a bit unfair. Ginia or Claire would probably be wrong, but Mistress Galvena could have potential... or that nice fishy priestess from the underwater city. :D

But then, there's hardly anything for fellas who like fellas (or girls who like girls for that matter). Perhaps I should write something, but I have no idea how to code, so I guess I'll be reporting back in a few years. :D

(And, yes, as soon as you said "soul gem", I immediately thought about the gem itself.

I thought you might, but then you might not have been content to merely give me the straight line but deliver the punchline yourself, and I couldn't take that chance either.

Which, naturally, brings us to Lilacor encounter.)

Lilarcor already gets a romantic encounter of sorts in Banter Pack.

I thought you might, but then you might not have been content to merely give me the straight line but deliver the punchline yourself, and I couldn't take that chance either.

I grin happily every time I see a post like this one. I can't explain why. :D

Lilarcor already gets a romantic encounter of sorts in Banter Pack.

Ah. That one.

(Well, there's always Keto's hairpin!)

That just wrong. Oh wiat forgot Imoen mod... Well, there is a precedent, but don't expect me to write it. I'm a dirty man, but i aint that dirty!

Truly need to space out more romantic enocunters though. Underdark, elven city some beyond Sendai for TOB.

And if we're talking about (in?)animate objects and the Char-names who love them we could talk about the throne of Bhaal itself. Room of tentacle perversion perhaps? :D

That just wrong. Oh wiat forgot Imoen mod... Well, there is a precedent, but don't expect me to write it. I'm a dirty man, but i aint that dirty!

Truly need to space out more romantic enocunters though. Underdark, elven city some beyond Sendai for TOB.

And if we're talking about (in?)animate objects and the Char-names who love them we could talk about the throne of Bhaal itself. Room of tentacle perversion perhaps? :D

And yet you say my comment was wrong. :D:p

Archived