Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

We all have our pot/kettle moments i suppose. I read a line in a Terry Pratchett book once that said something like the difference between being kinky and a true fetish is the same as using a feather or a whole chicken. Where that line exists is different for everyone, and my personal line fluctuates wildly.

Back to the topic, could an encounter in Watchers Keep be possible?

Succubi maybe? :D

Throwing the net more widely; perhaps the Hive Mother, the Chromatic Demon or Demogorgon himself?

= Combination of :p and :D

More seriously, I guess an Aesgareth-encounter would be workable.

Succubi maybe? :D

Throwing the net more widely; perhaps the Hive Mother, the Chromatic Demon or Demogorgon himself?

= Combination of :D and :p

More seriously, I guess an Aesgareth-encounter would be workable.

There already is an Aesgareth encounter.

As for Demogorgon, is it wrong that the first thing that pops into my head upon thinking about that is mattde's tentacle suggestion? :D

I'm thinking something involving the room of succubi actually could be done, if you let them lead you through the maze...

Char Name) : After your encounter with the formerly mad god Cyric you walk over to examine the strange angel heads that have become part of the rooms decor. You notic under each one a small bed of what looks like vines. For some reason you feel the urge to touch them

(MUST STOP HAND!!!!)

Ravenblack, I like your picture, but can't quiete place it? It is a drow, yes?

Char Name) : After your encounter with the formerly mad god Cyric you walk over to examine the strange angel heads that have become part of the rooms decor. You notic under each one a small bed of what looks like vines. For some reason you feel the urge to touch them

(MUST STOP HAND!!!!)

Ravenblack, I like your picture, but can't quiete place it?

Tentacles? You really just need to play the Angelo romance and then keep asking him about his first love. :D

Watcher's Keep can be a dull place - I don't see why there couldn't be a succubus encounter for a male PC (or even a female - they're equal opportunities kissers).

Then there's the Chromatic Demon "Please find my wands" "Actually it was your other wand I was interested in...", the old priest on the first level, "bring me my slippers...and one of those little blue pills! Or Saladrex "Hail, magnificent Saladrex, a little birdie tells me that you have a powerful staff..."

Sorry about the double post, don't know what happened there.....

And yeah thats the kind of thing that i am talking about. A mod like this can expand the comedic and roleplaying value of the game tremendously, as we have already seen. In many of the encounters already part of the mod the Char Name's romantic interest takes a negative or strained neutral tone after the 'encounters'. Would it be possible, like with the water nymph of a succubus encounter to have them participate? :D Also the idea of long term consequences and damaged reputations could be interesting.

Quick question: Do the two potions you get from Mira (?) the merchant woman actually do anything in relation to the other encounters?

With the exception of various romance interests(Anomen, Viconia, etc) RE characters do not react to each other, no. It is true for Mira's potions, as well: they are here for the player's entertainment and, perhaps, practical use.

There already is an Aesgareth encounter.
Oh right, that's been in the mod for a while now hasn't it? Must have been sleep deprivation messing with my memory. :D

I'm thinking something involving the room of succubi actually could be done, if you let them lead you through the maze...
It could work, but I don't think it'd be credible if there weren't some relatively serious repercussions, considering that even a kiss from one takes a toll on Charname - can't recall the exact effects in vanilla ToB at the moment, but IMO they ought to be at least slightly worse in the case of expanded... interaction. :D

Definitly agree on a long term effect of being with the succubi, a loss of vitality, or strength perhaps? Would make sense sense I think there were a few of them :D

I really enjoyed Anne's encounter by the way. The use of an item to link to the encounter was excellent. But is there any way to get anything other than a brush off or a loss in reputation from it? I would actually like to do something to warrant Jaheira/Aerie's reactions to the good route there. Even a kiss on the cheek....

Another TOB encounter could occur in Brynnlaw or in the oasis. The mayors duaghter in Brynlaw could use a shoulder (?) to cry on. Or a female gaurd with that idiot captain could beg for her life. The trick is to have something evil characters can enjoy as well as good ones. And giving male character encounters just as much variety (Firkraag, demon) as the female ones. A female monk who feels the monastery is going in the wrong direction, of that femal dragon outside Abazigals lair

Definitly agree on a long term effect of being with the succubi, a loss of vitality, or strength perhaps? Would make sense sense I think there were a few of them :D

I really enjoyed Anne's encounter by the way. The use of an item to link to the encounter was excellent. But is there any way to get anything other than a brush off or a loss in reputation from it? I would actually like to do something to warrant Jaheira/Aerie's reactions to the good route there. Even a kiss on the cheek....

Thank you :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wrote this encounter as a no-win situation on purpose. That is to say, there aren't any possible romantic outcomes. Basicly she's just not interested in what you could possibly offer. The idea is that we thought it would be nice to include at least one (romantic) encounter which didn't include a (semi)-romantic outcome to reflect real life conditions.

Ravenblack, I like your picture, but can't quiete place it? It is a drow, yes?

I honestly can't remember where I originally found it and I have no idea who drew it, but I've been fond of it for quite a while. :D Might be a half-Drow with the skin tone, or just a regular human.

There's a recolored version that's a Drow, it's Yasraena's default portrait if I remember right.

It could work, but I don't think it'd be credible if there weren't some relatively serious repercussions, considering that even a kiss from one takes a toll on Charname - can't recall the exact effects in vanilla ToB at the moment, but IMO they ought to be at least slightly worse in the case of expanded... interaction. :D

There's an "encounter" with a succubus in the ToB portion of the Saerileth mod, but I don't have that installed currently so I don't know if there's any PC-related repercussions (besides what happens to Saeri).

So it was the Saeri mod that had the succubus in the Brynnlaw Inn? I had wondered where it got to playing the game sans mods. I understand what you are saying about Anne and agree it helps to reflect real life. Is there a forum which lays out the rules for writing (i say writing not coding) one of these encounters, as well as how to submit it? Obivously i should not post the entire thing here.

Is the idea of for evil Char Names only (like Bodhi) encounters a good one? What do you all think? Or perhaps an ongoing encounter that slowly corrupts the Char Name? Could link that to the succubus encounters..... Too much of a good thing perhaps? :D

Another TOB encounter could occur in Brynnlaw or in the oasis. The mayors duaghter in Brynlaw could use a shoulder (?) to cry on.
So it was the Saeri mod that had the succubus in the Brynnlaw Inn? I had wondered where it got to playing the game sans mods.

I think you're confusing Brynnlaw with Amkethran.

And yes, it was the Saerileth mod that had that.

There are several possibilities to submit your material. You could ask Kulyok for access to the RE workroom and post your material there. You could, like I first did, post a rough draft of your work in the accepting submissions thread to get some more feedback, or just ask some members to read what you have so far to give you some pointers.

Finding a coder shouldn't be to hard, depending on the format you wrote it in. See Kulyok's beginners guide to coding in .D.

Archived