Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

Besides, if the mod will unleash unexpected pregnancies, angry and jealous lovers, teary exchanges, uncomfortable\comic situation and leaving friends upon CHARNAME, the player will just shrug and go do the same in real life, where he/she can get away without repercussions.

Kidding. Seriously, if you want to see much angst and hand-wringing, do two female Bioware romances at once, try Xan's non-bonded path or cheat on Kelsey in ToB. Making the player feel bad, bad, bad is not the primary point of RE. :)

(Though, yeah, you are right and we could do with some more crossmod possibilities here, like Nalia reacting, but it's up to other modders - we've done all we can with Bio romances and their reactions(and Xan, etc)).

And also prosective partners show no recrimination after the end of an affair - I'd hate to have pissed off Viconia (Aerie more though because she would cry! Can't do crying...)

Actually, Viconia reacts in this exact way in the vanilla game, with the 'prostitute' in Saradush.

You do mean she gets angry, right? I would never forgive myself if I somehow have missed Viconias tears.

Onwards... the PC might have done someone pregnant (the girl in Trademeet), but since she foresaw him returning to hell of his free will, she withdraws her earlier promise that the PC could return and see the child.

I'm sure Mira in the Promenade could sell you some form of dodgy herbal contraception in any case. :)

I must admit I don't like the idea that a female PC could get knocked up - it would complicate things unnecessarily and I like to think of my PC as more the adventuring, fighting sort than the stay at home with the kids sort. Kelsey spoil alert: You get that option in the ToB part of the Kelsey romance, but I'm not a fan of kids and didn't take it, so I was a bit miffed that the romantic epilogue features children anyway. I actually went back replayed the finale and took the god option as a result, but jeez, talk about major guilt trip if you don't stay with him. Ack!

Anyway, yes, RE is fantasy - it's an escape from the hum drum of Real Life and as Kulyok rightly points out, is supposed to be fun.

You do mean she gets angry, right? I would never forgive myself if I somehow have missed Viconias tears.

Nope. I don't see her angry at all.

If it amuses you, go with this trollop, <CHARNAME>. I am certain it will only make you appreciate me all the more.

Principally I'm interested in character and plot - and the romances and RE are (on the whole) well written.

I think the intrigueing one for me would be the cheating romance - simul to a 'main' romance - and for it to get progressivly harder as the main romance becomes more suspicious.

The 'secondary' romance could apply emotional pressure the longer between 'dalliances' which (as said) are becoming more and more risky - so there would be a dramatic backdrop to the liaisons which would be a bit deeper because of character and plot elements and the conflict more of a schism because it was delayed so long...

Just an idea - but it would require a LOAD of scripting sadly...

G

Nope. I don't see her angry at all.

If it amuses you, go with this trollop, <CHARNAME>. I am certain it will only make you appreciate me all the more.

Ah, now I see. Seems I misunderstood your post. :laugh:

Yes, that do sound more like Viconia.

(On a sidenote, I always found it odd that the only courtesans the PC really could interact with, was those at the Copper Coronet, and as far as I know, only spent the night there. An encounter in a dungeon which culminates in a battle.. now that's a story..)

I think the intrigueing one for me would be the cheating romance - simul to a 'main' romance - and for it to get progressivly harder as the main romance becomes more suspicious.

With two romances at committed stage(sex) at once, and everybody knowing and minding, well, _that's_ fantasy. Either one of the two immediately walks out, or both walk out. Or they are morons who'd allow any cheater to walk all over themselves, and that's just boring.

Officially encouraging a RE with Adalon. You know you want a giant Silver Dragon as a lover. You know it.
The PC knows it, but the silver dragon is a young mom (not mom long enough yet, if you know what I mean). I can so see it:

PC: You are so awesome. i want to spend the night with you!

Adalon: Why, sure! Here are the napkins, and the diapers... OK, feeding times are every three hours... Is something wrong? You are doing this great!

:)

-jastey

I can understand the desire to have an encounter with her, but I do think it would be really out of character, even if she is incredibly grateful that the PC returned her eggs. The only post Ust Natha encounter I can realistically picture would be something like the Firkraag encounter, and would end with her saying something along the lines of, "I will spare you life, little one, only because you have returned my children to me, but suggest such again and I shall tear your hollow head from your shoulders."

Although...now that I think of it, perhaps a pre-egg return suggestion? Something along the lines of, "If I do this for you, I want something...extra..." and maybe accompanying a (very high) charisma check or something like that. If the check fails, she'll tell the PC to be glad to walk away with his/(her?) life, but if successful she will grudgingly agree only because she wants the PC's cooperation. Then a post-rescue quickie before the babies hatch. :) But an abrupt, "Hey, baby, I just rescued your kids! Let's go shag!" just doesn't strike me as doable...ever. :)

Archived