If you could only play one NPC mod..

Guest Guest_adam_*

Hmm, it is a tough choice, but I would go with Amber - I like a number of other mods, and I didn't play a whole bunch of them so I can't judge, but Amber has an advantage of replacing the Bio NPC I can't stand, ie Imoen, with a thief who has a very likable to me personality.

By obvious reasons, I won't play w/o Kivan, but I can't recommend it because of my bias. Kelsey and Xan will be the second choice very close to Amber, because they provide a single classed sorcerer as an alternative to Aerie.

Kivan, even if I'm not playing the romance, simply for the fire power with his bow.

For romance, it's a toss-up between Kivan and Xan. The romances are vastly different, but both are extremely well written and immersive. After playing Gavin for BG1, I am sure that I'll be able to include Gavin for BG2 in this toss-up.

Kivan for me too. The romance is excellent (intelligent and tense and not mushy or silly), but even if you're not looking for a romanceable character, he's a very solid archer and the writing is too good to miss. I happen to like having more elves in the party (hooray Xan!), and it's always nice to catch up with old friends/acquaintances from BG1.

It's tough to pick only one....I always have both Xan and Kivan in my party. When Gavin for BGII is released that'll be another slot filled.

Mac users are slightly more limited in our choice of mods. My configuration further limits what I can use. Also, I'm still testing mods to get everything I want into one very large, yet playable, installation *fingers crossed*

So, based on my experiences to date, here are my choices...

Male: close call between Kivan and Solaufien (and I feel Sola could use a bit of further refining, although the mod is aces), but I'd say Kivan wins by a narrow margin.

Female: Chloe...perhaps until I write and release "shae`lina Hawkwind" as a joinable NPC ;)

- E

Kivan, romanced or not for my first choice. I love an NPC written well enough to give bad (metagame) advice in-character while also being an irreplaceable offensive force in the party.

Second place is a tie between Xan and Saerileth.

Favorite romance by far though is the Edwin mod.

Archived