Vedran's Lost Items

poprune

In the excellent (and absolutely essential sanity preserver guide for a returnee BG and BG2 player!) Tutu Mod Compatibilty and Order of Install which heads this forum, mention is made of 'Vedran's Lost Items'. I've followed the links, looked everywhere I can think of and even Googled for it, but I can find no trace of a down-loadable file answering this description. Could anyone point me at it, please?

I believe v2 should be on IEGMC - check here for the full list. I'm working on a v3 (as discussed in my signature) but it's not public yet.

Thanks for the reply. I found that forum posting early on in my search, but because it seemed (in the context of the post) to refer to something that wasn't Ascension64's version of the mod, I disregarded it. I've gone back to check and found that the only links still active to IEGMC (which is ?) are those for America and Canada, from which I've down-loaded LostItems_VR2. Is this the one I want?

I've gone back to check and found that the only links still active to IEGMC (which is ?) are those for America and Canada
I believe it has some sort of IP checking, so you'll only be able to get into the mirrors for your part of the world, or something. In theory, they're all the same though. You can check its home page for (presumably) the latest info.
from which I've down-loaded LostItems_VR2. Is this the one I want?
Yes, that should be the latest (for now).
I've gone back to check and found that the only links still active to IEGMC (which is ?) are those for America and Canada
I believe it has some sort of IP checking, so you'll only be able to get into the mirrors for your part of the world, or something. In theory, they're all the same though. You can check its home page for (presumably) the latest info.
from which I've down-loaded LostItems_VR2. Is this the one I want?
Yes, that should be the latest (for now).

Must have got its ip checking skew-wiff, then; mine should be the European one! Anyway, thanks very much for the help.

On another point and because I believe that you're one of the authors of the compatibility and install guide, I've been going through it step by step, downloading the various mods as I go. In quite a few cases, the links don't seem to be working as they should. Would it help if I went through the whole thing and made a list of those the appear to be failing? It'll have to wait until after after Christmas, though.

Apropos of which: a Merry Christmas to you.

Would it help if I went through the whole thing and made a list of those the appear to be failing?
Yeah, that'd be great. I don't think any of us has done a proper check of the guide for a while - too busy modding etc. I also eventually wanted to convert the whole thing to a table format with a row for each mod and a column for each platform. Which wouldn't be too easy on this forum software, as you'd have to use masked-out dots instead of spaces which it'll delete, but nevermind that.
Cheers and likewise ;).
Would it help if I went through the whole thing and made a list of those the appear to be failing?
Yeah, that'd be great. I don't think any of us has done a proper check of the guide for a while - too busy modding etc. I also eventually wanted to convert the whole thing to a table format with a row for each mod and a column for each platform. Which wouldn't be too easy on this forum software, as you'd have to use masked-out dots instead of spaces which it'll delete, but nevermind that.
Cheers and likewise ;).

I still intend to go through the whole (Windows) process again in a week or so, but I've spent most of today going through the list and dowloading all the files I'll need for a full install with all the bells and whistles. Two specific items stand out from this and will prevent me from even trying to install until they're resolved. They are:

1. The link for the Mix-mod takes one to the RPG Dungeon Forum, which requires registration, confirmation and activation - and when you've gone through all that, telling you that you're not entitled to enter that area! As far as I know (and I've checked) that's the only place that that mod is available.

2. The very last item - TutuGUI has been removed from the page specified by the link; I can't find it anywhere else... it seems to be a dead parrot...

Presumably (though I speak in ignorance) those files aren't actually essential for an install of EasyTutu, but I thought it would be a good idea to try everything.

Archived