What manner of dickery will you perform?

Bursk

With the sweet and impending release of v1.0, I think it's time to find out what changes you (yes, you) intend to make to the NPCs in both BG2 and Tutu. I'm still working my way through a list of NPCs, so would really like some ideas from other members. Ideally, I'd like 'logical' changes to NPCs i.e. no super dickery nonce sense.

Now regarding Nalia, could some kind soul tell me if there'd be any story/dialogue inconsistencies if I made her a pure mage? I'm tired of her being Imoen 0.5, and think she'd be a great NPC if she were mage-only. For Valygar, would the Forest Runner from Divine Remix be a better fit than Stalker?

And Nythrun, since you're now back from your involuntary hiatus, I wonder if you would consider this request: Could we have a component that restricts backstabbing to 1-handed weapons only? I'm keen on your 'no Qstaff backstabs' component, but would really like it extended to all 2-handed weapons. The ones I can think of off the top of me noggin' are:

2-handed sword;

Quarterstaff;

Spear;

Halberd.

Please let me know what you think about this idea. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my mulled wine.

Now regarding Nalia, could some kind soul tell me if there'd be any story/dialogue inconsistencies if I made her a pure mage?

deArnise romance(incidentally, I am told it is in beta-testing now. Misinformation is flying everywhere, I tell you) expands on Nalia's existing background, that of a dual-classed thief/mage. I do not foresee any technical incompatibilities, however.

Regarding Nalia, IIRC, Daleson's dialogue when you meet him suggests that she has thief skills. I think her own dialogue references thief skills also. I don't know about her biographical info.

;) And not only that, but in the original game, Nalia says that she was a thief first!

With the sweet and impending release of v1.0, I think it's time to find out what changes you (yes, you) intend to make to the NPCs in both BG2 and Tutu.
Why not BGT? too. But for me, Sarevok's gona be Kensai/Thief, Jaheira skona Ranger/Priest of Talos, Aerie, be Priest of Lathander/Mage, Cernd might become Auramaster

Quarterstaff;
But what about the Staff Mace it's classified as a one handed weapon, but...

Thanks for that. My dickery is well timed, you have to admit.

I suppose the Staff Mace will allow backstabbing, since it's only 1-handed? That would be good I think.

To everyone else, thanks for answering my Nalia question. I suppose I'll try to think of some ways to make her thief skills at least somewhat useful. Perhaps I'll make her an Adventurer (Song and Silence) and Immy a Swashbuckler, so at least there's a bit more difference between the two.

Now regarding Nalia, could some kind soul tell me if there'd be any story/dialogue inconsistencies if I made her a pure mage?
Ha-ha, I always had her as an Illusionist, using Blucher's mod. Any references to her being a thief, I chalked up to her exagerating her skills.

For Valygar, would the Forest Runner from Divine Remix be a better fit than Stalker?
But this is all part of the fun of kit changes! Mix-and-match, cross-dress, explore the other sides of orientation. The combinations are endless, mwahaha!

Pity there's no 'Randomise Alignment' mod. theyareontome.gif;)

Archived