Sneak peek at Version One

Nythrun

I may buttonhole you for BGT testing in a day or two, then.

The XP modifier mostly works in its current incarnation, I just don't much like it, so I'm going to play around with forgoing the scripts and just adding a massive pile of dialogue transitions. We'll see which is the uglier.

Alright, XP adjustment is settled - except in the case of a dual class protagonist.

I've been beating my head against this for hours, and I'm not making it work. Sorry for the delay :suspect:

/edit

Alright, I think I've got it. Gogo hideous script bloat.

Don't know if you've dealt with it or not, but there's this hardcoded bug: if you want to allow a Class1 -> Class2 dual, where you haven't regained Class1's level (E.G. Swashbuckler 10 -> Mage 1), the engine will apply Class1's abilities on joining and then again on regaining the older class.

To workaround this, use a shadow kit. Refinements - Swashimoen contains the code (here copied for easiness of use).

2DA V1.0
		1		   2		   3		   4		   5		   6		   7		   8		   9		   10		  11		  12		  13		  14		  15		  16		  17		  18		  19		  20	 21		  22		  23		  24		  25		  26		  27		  28		  29		  30		  31		  32		  33		  34		  35		  36		  37		  38		  39		  40
ABILITY1	****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****   ****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****
ABILITY2	****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****   ****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****
ABILITY3	****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****   ****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****
ABILITY4	****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****   ****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****
ABILITY5	****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****   ****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****
ABILITY6	****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****   ****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****		****

baldurkit.baf:

// script to be appended to baldur*.bcs for every kit.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Use Scrolls madness by Littiz :D
// Scripts to "free" characters dualled to mage from
// scrolls restrictions, + additional cases for multiclasses
// and such.

IF
Kit(Player%i%,%oldKit%)
Class(Player%i%,%newClass%)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride(Player%i%,AddKit(%oldKit%tF))
END
IF
OR(2)
	Kit(Player%i%,%oldKit%)
	Kit(Player%i%,%oldKit%tF)
Class(Player%i%,%oldClass%)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride(Player%i%,AddKit(%oldKit%tw))
END

EDIT: Codebox.

NPCs whom you've set up to dual join at level one in their first class, so the ought to have their first class clab applied when they join, stripped when they dual, and then restored when the dual matures.

While it'd be nice to exclude the possibility of doubling when someone kicks a party member out in mid-dual, I can't really justify the baldur.bcs appendage just to close a loophole most people will never see (which is available in the unmodded game anyway).

I'll think about it, though, thanks - and if Amber ever does get added in here, she'll need some COPY_KIT action for sure :suspect:

Has it bothered anyone, by the way, that the default class (combat) scripts aren't changed with this mod? If it's harmless I'd prefer to leave them alone, and no one thus far has complained, but while the window is open, it's best to ask.

Can you upload this in a place where normal human beings have a chance of downloading it without paying 4.50 Euro?

captchaftlay8.th.gif

EDIT: and, of course, you have to wait 1 minute between tries for the 'download ticket' bullshit, which means I can't just add the first four letters until I get it right.

I believe I was mirroring this because of this issue (and if it's not official enough for G3 yet, or if Cam's not around to upload, or whatever). I hate Rapidshare too.

Edit: Link removed, as the official page should now have the most recent version.

Archived