Sneak peek at Version One

Nythrun

Enough with the all caps "shouting." I was just asking for someone to confirm it on v1 or later, which you did not do until now.

I did. You just chose to not believe me.

I do not, in fact, keep track of everyone's WeiDU log, and I especially do not have time to read spam posts like the one you linked :).

But I guess you had time to erroneously assume I was reporting a bug from this mod, and imply that I either had a beta version or that perhaps I lacked the faculties to dig up a post with a Rapidshare link. I mean, WTF??

When you say something like "most recent version" and the most recent version on the official site was beta 7 until today, it raises questions. A simple answer is preferable to a runaround with links etc.

It was indeed the latest version. And I gave you plenty of simple answers. You just preferred to put on the disinterested attitude act.

Really, a marginal willingness to actually care about what I was saying could've saved us both this useless trouble.

Daulmakan, cool down. We're all friends here. Right?

I'm a bit intrigued by the possibilities. What would happen if one did add, say, a wizard kit via script to a cleric? Feel like making Edwin a painbearer of ilmater with conjuring tendencies? :D

cmorgan: well, it's at least problematic with our gibberlings' own NPC Kitpack mod, so it ought to be mentioned. :)

But I guess you had time to erroneously assume I was reporting a bug from this mod
Where did I assume it was a bug in L1NPCs? In fact, I assumed it *wasn't* (and it's not, as you say yourself) which is perhaps why I might seem "disinterested."
and imply that I either had a beta version or that perhaps I lacked the faculties to dig up a post with a Rapidshare link. I mean, WTF??
It was indeed the latest version. And I gave you plenty of simple answers. You just preferred to put on the disinterested attitude act.

Really, a marginal willingness to actually care about what I was saying could've saved us both this useless trouble.

"WTF" is, really, what sums this up. A simple "I experienced [summary of issue] with v1" would've sufficed. Notice the version number. The "latest version" from June is not the latest version from today, particularly not when (as I keep having to repeat for some reason) the official page had the beta until now (which has caused a score of false bug reports, and probably still will for some time).
Daulmakan, cool down. We're all friends here. Right?
Indeed.
Also about the ReadMe, I have not seen the new edits, and I have a few myself. Miloch, you're still hosting the ReadMe? Is it the updated, edited version?
I have updated cmorgan's edits and am now just mirroring the same thing as what's on the G3 site, which should be up-to-date now. I would prefer to keep the readme as simple as possible, and put more detailed info in the pinned FAQ forum topic (yours I think) because it's a lot easier to update that than HTML nested inside a RAR file and in multiple places, etc.

Boys, let's move the "banter" portion of our program to Noobermeet. Or better, keep it going thru PM amongst yourselves.

Daulmakan, thanks for highlighting the imcompat. I'll make sure it's in the ReadMe.

The FAQ isn't "mine", it's ours, as in the community. Still, I do plan on a more active role in managing it--and the forum. I will be going through the most recent posts and start expanding the FAQ with actual FAQs (hopefully with answers!). I can start work on that this weekend.

I'll also be posting the ReadMe to a locked sticky this weekend, until we can get CamDawg (or cmorgan?) to host it locally. That way we can keep it current if Real Life issues prevent us from keeping the info updated on the mod's main page.

Boys, let's move the "banter" portion of our program to Noobermeet. Or better, keep it going thru PM amongst yourselves.
Or better yet, move the posts to a new topic called NPC Kitpack Incompatibility.
I'll also be posting the ReadMe to a locked sticky this weekend, until we can get CamDawg (or cmorgan?) to host it locally.
Why not just let cmorgan know your changes/additions? It's a bit easier that way to update the HTML rather than converting it from BBS/forum code, MS Word quasi-HTML or the like. Alternately, if you have an compatible text editor (such as PSPad) and know XHTML, you could make the changes directly in the code of the published version.
Or better yet, move the posts to a new topic called NPC Kitpack Incompatibility.

Or better still, since we have a new version, it's time for a new thread just for it--for comments, praise, bug/incompat reports, etc. I'm on it.

I'll also be posting the ReadMe to a locked sticky this weekend, until we can get CamDawg (or cmorgan?) to host it locally.
Why not just let cmorgan know your changes/additions? It's a bit easier that way to update the HTML rather than converting it from BBS/forum code, MS Word quasi-HTML or the like. Alternately, if you have an compatible text editor (such as PSPad) and know XHTML, you could make the changes directly in the code of the published version.

Agreed. I'll vet the edits with the four of us, and once we get concensus, cmorgan or similar can update the page.

Archived