Reporting Bugs (for versions 1.2 or earlier)

Nythrun

The SCS component causes the BG1 bit of viconia modification to be skipped, yes. So that could happen. But in that case viconi8/9/11/13 should still be modified.

If you've installed the Viconia component of the mod of course. Just checking. :)

Guest OneEyedPhoenix
weidu --change-log viconi4.cre please? :)

None of my updates change viconi4 or friends, but the mod does by default - if you change viconia and have not installed scs component 70 and have not visited the map in the current save.

I would, except I get a fatal Error when I try. (sys_error<azenmod/backup/0/mapping.0: No such file or directory. "To be more precise")

The only other mods I installed after Level 1 Npcs however were the "widescreen mod" and the Generalized_biffing tool.

End of weidu.log:

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?: v1.2eib9
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2.2
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1228 // Kivan: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1217 // Sarevok: v1.2eib9
~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v1

So you haven't actually changed Viccy. That explains why she is not level 1 when you meet her, you know.

Next time, install the Viconia component and choose her normal classes and proficiencies when the mod asks. That'll do what you want.

:)

Guest OneEyedPhoenix
The SCS component causes the BG1 bit of viconia modification to be skipped, yes. So that could happen. But in that case viconi8/9/11/13 should still be modified.

If you've installed the Viconia component of the mod of course. Just checking. :)

My bad. I didn't realize you had to install all the individual Npc components to get them to level1. I though this was handled by either of the first two components of the tp2 and that the individual npc components were there in order to change classes. I guess it's easy to miss out of a bit of information by using the BWS.

Guest Fred the archer

Have come across a similar problem as described by some people with Viccy. I had it with Immy, changed her into a Bonty hunter/Mage multiclass . I gave her one* in Katana & CrossbowIrenicus dungeon, but then I got her back in Spellhold she was her original self... Dual classed Thief/Mage with * short bow, dagger Q-staff.

Is this a known bug ? The only other component installed is Bg2 fixpack and I did install them in the correct order as described in the read me.

Have come across a similar problem as described by some people with Viccy. I had it with Immy, changed her into a Bonty hunter/Mage multiclass . I gave her one* in Katana & CrossbowIrenicus dungeon, but then I got her back in Spellhold she was her original self... Dual classed Thief/Mage with * short bow, dagger Q-staff.

What happens if you start a throwaway tob game and summon immy in the pocket plane? Or other characters you may have changed? Do the modifications stick?

Guest Fred the archer

What happens if you start a throwaway tob game and summon immy in the pocket plane? Or other characters you may have changed? Do the modifications stick?

Same thing in ToB, Jaheira and Nalia shows up the way I altered them, but Imoen is back to her original self with kits and skills. Another thing I noticed is that Jaheira, that I changed into a Archer/cleric still gains druid spells like Iron skin and insect plague.

Same thing in ToB, Jaheira and Nalia shows up the way I altered them, but Imoen is back to her original self with kits and skills.
I can't imagine what would cause this except maybe the mod misses patching an NPC file or something. But it doesn't from what I can tell, unless you count imoendrm.cre but I don't think that's used as an actual NPC cre.
Another thing I noticed is that Jaheira, that I changed into a Archer/cleric still gains druid spells like Iron skin and insect plague.
This on the other hand might be intentional, since archers are rangers who get druid spells, aye?
Same thing in ToB, Jaheira and Nalia shows up the way I altered them, but Imoen is back to her original self with kits and skills.
I can't imagine what would cause this except maybe the mod misses patching an NPC file or something. But it doesn't from what I can tell, unless you count imoendrm.cre but I don't think that's used as an actual NPC cre.
The one instant I can imagine it is a mod that remakes the character(summon script, so it summons another mod inserted char instead)... so WeiDU.log would be nice.
Guest Fred the Archer

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing?: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1213 // Nalia De'Arnise: v1.2

That's my Weidu.log, I hope it helps.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing?: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1213 // Nalia De'Arnise: v1.2

That's my Weidu.log, I hope it helps.

Is that _after_ you've modified Imoen? This doesn't show any signs of it...

Guest Fred the Archer

I have been re-installing and taking away and adding components, to see if I could get Immy the way I wanted by let her leve the party and then take her back. So in my attempts I might have forgotten to add her again, that could be the reason she is missing in the Weidu.log.

Anyway I have now started a BGT game to give it ago from BG1 and there she is a Bounty Hunter/Mage. Hopefully she will show up the same way in the dungeon and in Spellhold.

Archived