Angelo NPC Revealed: A Call For Beta Testers!

Kulyok

I'll chime in on the Angelo is sexy chorus. Verrrrrry sexy, indeed ... with no smut whatsoever. He puts me in mind of some iconic manly-man classic anti-hero type movie stars.

No smut??? Bummer. I don't mind a little smut now and then. ;)

Seriously I am looking sooo forward to this. If my installs were ever stable I'd volunteer to test.

I hope I'm not being too spoilery here ...

Oh, it's something I would "warn" people about myself ;) Angelo tends to be smut-lite, which is really sort of ironic, considering what he's like.

I tend to think of Angelo as what would happen if Paulie Walnuts from The Sopranos got hit by a bolt of lightning that made him twice as smart. Or three times, really; Paulie is pretty dumb.

Or what would happen if Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs had a lovechild with Budd from Kill Bill.

And the lovechild were put up for adoption and raised by Beat Takeshi, like in Kikujiro.

But I really shouldn't be giving away my sources >_> I get the "classic antihero" vibe, too.

Anyway, glad you like him! ;)

Paulie? Notsomuch...

244.sirico.tony.100506.jpg

O RLY?

(But would you believe that Googling "paulie walnuts without his shirt on" doesn't kick up anything?)

(And now, at some point in the hypothetical future, I am married. My wife asks me to look up a recipe for pasta a la bolognese. I type "p-a" into Google and autocomplete fills in "paulie walnuts without his shirt on." My wife gives me a long, strange look. Perhaps she toys nervously with her wedding ring.)

Note to All: That is not Angelo's portrait. Don't worry. Well, maybe one of the alternates. No, I'm kidding.

Oh dear. But, seriously, I'd rather we kept references I'm not getting to Noobermeet, since they might make prospective victims testers nervous, and we need 'em.

EDIT: More testers, by the way? A fresh v003 link, just right out?

Er... I don't get the reference either, but then I don't watch television. I know he was on the Sopranos. But judging for the portrait attached above, I now understand why Angelo might feel self-conscious about the PC watching him bathe... were such a thing to occur.

Should this hypothetical day occur, when Sister Vigilante is married, I shall dispense a little bit of advice that has certainly helped my partner and I enjoy many blissful years of togetherness: separate computers to avoid conflict over who gets to use it when and the mutual trust that ensures that even if I did find "Paulie Walnuts without a shirt" in his Google search history, I would understand it was just a search for a gag picture. ;)

Should this hypothetical day occur, when Sister Vigilante is married, I shall dispense a little bit of advice that has certainly helped my partner and I enjoy many blissful years of togetherness: separate computers to avoid conflict over who gets to use it when and the mutual trust that ensures that even if I did find "Paulie Walnuts without a shirt" in his Google search history, I would understand it was just a search for a gag picture. ;)

Trust, eh? Hmm...I'll keep that in mind...

Speaking of which, though, I'm sure Kulyok passed this along, but everyone in the beta be sure to tell us what you think of the new portrait! ;)

EDIT: More testers, by the way? A fresh v003 link, just right out?

It seems that my plea had an effect: we've got three more great testers!

(And if you're reading this and thinking "Hey, why not?", it's never too late.)

I'd like to thank everyone who volunteered - enjoy the game, enjoy Angelo, and PM me with your impressions(and bug/typo reports, should there be any), whenever you are ready.

Thanks to everyone who showed interest and expressed encouragement, thanks SisterVigilante for bringing Angelo NPC to life in BG2, and have a Happy New Year, everyone!

;);)???;)

Hosting is now official! The kind folks here at G3 will be adopting Angelo; forums coming soon!

Thanks to everyone who showed interest and expressed encouragement, thanks SisterVigilante for bringing Angelo NPC to life in BG2, and have a Happy New Year, everyone!

??? Yes, thanks everyone! And a big thanks to Kulyok without whom

a) Angelo would not exist

and

b) he would not be romanceable.

(I came to her all like, how about this? And she was all like, you know, people like romances. And I was like hmm, I'll see what I can do...and now I wouldn't lose the romance for anything.)

Happy Gregorian New Year!

Yeah, judging by the number of crash-to-desktop topics you posted, I can only wish you good luck with your trials. ;)

I appreciate that! Strikes me as odd that not more people chime in regarding issues on the Mac side of things. That will inspire me to offer up what insights I've been gaining in the course of my testing.

As long as I can install updates to various mods as they're available without hosing my set-up and starting over again (which I'm really hoping I'll never have to do, but you never know), I'll be happy ;) For now, I'll concentrate on the task at hand, and continue to offer text-editing help...and explore joinable NPC and kit creation ;)

Cheers,

Eric

Very, very nice. I like Angelo's voice(and Xan's ;) ) and banters/romance, music track is good too. ;);)

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall while Sister Vigilante does the crossmod content voicing between Angelo and Xan.... (which, btw, I hope makes its way into the crossmod banter packs sooner rather than later ... same for Kivan, another BG1 guy who has become a staple in my BG2 games)

Congrats on Angelo's new home!

Edited to add a big thank you to Kulyok for pushing for a romance. You're darn good at it, Sister V. Xan's romance in TOB was wonderful.

Archived