If your Bishop's Romance stopped....

In this case there's a big problem:

1) my game has been installed for the first time about 3 weeks ago (just changed my PC, the PC before this one, was unable to run the game) and immediately after, has been patched (I first patched the game and only after I've started playing, so I've never entered the game before patching it). In this case, I don't think I can have that problem, having the latest patch installed

2) I've never use a familiar or a companion in the game. I simply think they're quite useless (and too easily killable). So again, I don't think this is the case...

:mad: I am getting more and more confused!

If you have Bishop with you, you have at least one companion who is capable of summoning a familiar, his wolf. This could be the problem. Other companions who can summon familiars are Elanee, Sand, and Qara.

Edit: Patches don't matter. There isn't a patch out that fixes this bug, though they have tried numerous times.

Edited by berelinde

You do not have to personally summon a familiar. Your companion (Bishop) will do it automatically unless you disable it in the way the linked post states. Haven't you ever noticed how sometimes, Bishop will be walking along alone and then Karnir is with him? That's because he summoned the wolf.

To say the truth, I've NEVER seen in my game a familiar. I've disable the AI for npc because during battle I want to check personally who they are fighting and in which way, so also the special ability class-related have been disable. If I've never seen a familiar before, is it still possible to have that bug?

PS: off topic. I've discovered this mod http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2M...etail&id=61 is it compatible with your mod, are they doing the same things, is it inside your mod...? Sorry for being so talkative, but I am really afraid of crashing the game :-P

To say the truth, I've NEVER seen in my game a familiar. I've disable the AI for npc because during battle I want to check personally who they are fighting and in which way, so also the special ability class-related have been disable. If I've never seen a familiar before, is it still possible to have that bug?
Yes. AI can reset when you change areas. Bishop could have attempted to summon his wolf as the areas were changing.

PS: off topic. I've discovered this mod http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2M...etail&id=61 is it compatible with your mod, are they doing the same things, is it inside your mod...? Sorry for being so talkative, but I am really afraid of crashing the game :-P

It is not compatible with the Romance Pack. Both mods change the same files, so having both in your game will lead to unpredictable behavior. I don't know what the mod you linked does. The English was painfully bad so I never investigated it, but if it adds Bishop as a joinable NPC, then the mods do not do the same thing.