Homeward Bound

berelinde

Homeward Bound

It's a silly little mod that lets you send any extra BioWare NPCs home from the Pocket Plane. All you do is have the NPC you want to send home in the party when you go talk to the Fate Spirit, and you will have the option to send them somewhere that won't implode when Mel gets snuffed. You can also call them back at any time by speaking to the Fate Spirit again.

NPCs will leave their gear behind.

Would it not be easier to change up the roster using the Modify Characters function? I have noticed that, if you dismiss a character the normal way, that character just hangs out in the Pocket Plane, but I haven't played through ToB far enough to know what happens to that space *slipping spoiler blinders on* ;)

I'm interested to know how such a mod would add value to the playing experience.

Cheers,

Eric

Yes, it's easier to let characters languish in the pocket plane when they are dismissed from the party. This is the way things are handled in the unmodified game, so if this is the way you want to play it, there is little point in installing the trivial mod I wrote.

Thing is, the fate of the pocket plane after the final showdown with Mel is never discussed. I always believed it just imploded, killing any characters in it at the time. And that is why I wrote this mod. It provides a roleplaying way to get characters out of the pocket plane.

That's it. No bells, no whistles, nothing fancy at all. It is very utilitarian, and took all of an hour and a half to write and test.

Ultimately, you, the player will decide whether or not you want to bother. I merely provided a salve for the consciences of those, like me, who don't want to clutter that dimension between dimensions with a lot of surplus NPCs.

I always believed it just imploded, killing any characters in it at the time.
What!? But... but... Cespenar! ;)
Well, I always though that Cespenar stayed in the pocket plane forever, cleaning the Bhaal Spawns loot, even after he was dead and long after that.;)

Can I just say how much I love this mod? I used to agonize over party composition going into TOB so that I wouldn't have to leave anyone in the Pocket Plane, and in so doing, I've missed lots of TOB content that some characters have. I am enjoying reforming my party without guilt. Thanks again, berelinde!

The concept appeals to me. As for changing the party when starting ToB, my view is that story continuity would suggest that we keep the exact same party we had at the finale of SoA. OTOH, being in another dimension, so to speak, might lend itself well to the protagonist's being able to make changes without breaking the story continuity. Heh, just looking at it both ways right now ;)

If I can arrive at a stable set-up, I'll try this mod.

Happy holidays,

Eric

But if the pocket plane imploded he'd be rather cramped...
But no plane can implode, as they are part of the multiverse forever, only the control of them can change owners. The same as if you make an alternative universe, you can't go and destroy it, can you.
But if the pocket plane imploded he'd be rather cramped...
But no plane can implode, as they are part of the multiverse forever, only the control of them can change owners. The same as if you make an alternative universe, you can't go and destroy it, can you.

I was gonna mention that, too, but then I couldn't recall correctly about it. I've played in a PnP game where a powerful being created a similar pocket plane, and it expanded into a full-fledged plane in its own right. The creator was destroyed, but the plane survived, and the PCs were regarded as deities by some of the newly forming cultures.

- E

Archived