Homeward Bound

berelinde

I'm not sure if it can actually implode but the Pocket Plane most definitely does get destroyed just before the final battle because that's the only way to get to the final battle(s).

Besides, if you can create planes, why can you not destroy them also?

Besides, if you can create planes, why can you not destroy them also?

The only thing you can do at will at any given time is teleporting back and forth with your party members. Everything else is open to (the modder's) interpretation, I think.

This is what Sarevok has to say when you meet him:

You are within our father's abyssal realm, <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>. That plane once ruled by Bhaal and now shaped by the taint present in your soul...but no longer present in mine. You have been here before.

and

This is a...a cocoon, of sorts. A miniature version of our father's larger realm, sort of a plane-within-a-plane. I assumed your mind formed it to protect you from the power of this place. Rather ingenious, dear <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>...I wouldn't have thought you'd had it in you.

and

This is not a building, dear <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>, this is the *entire* plane. And unless you've acquired plane-traveling abilities since last we met, there is only one way out of here.

-------

So if the plane is formed by your will due to the taint in your soul, you may assume that at the end of ToB if you release the taint the plane is gone...though perhaps those with ability could escape (Cespenar....seeing as he survived Bhaal's death). You could also assume that the plane continues to exist in some form if you choose to accept god-status.

Yeah it is down to interpretation to some extent but it is clearly stated at the end that the plane is destroyed:

Solar: "Your course is set, god-child. Return to your pocket plane... and when you are ready, you will need to end its existence. Then you will be within the Throne of Blood... and Melissan will be at hand."

"With the last Child of Bhaal dead, you may now enter the Abyssal realm of the Throne of Bhaal. Once you do so, the pocket plane will be destroyed forever."

However, your subconcious created the plane. So therefore, you cannot willingly destroy it.

The Solar instructs you to end the plane's existance. You do that when you are ready to go to the final battle. Since you get to choose when that is I would say that counts as 'willingly'.

Heya, just noticed it ;) I have never really thought that everyone who didn't go with the PC died, but it will surely be nice not to kill them all before going to fight for the Throne. I don't think anyone thinks per se that they do, but a missed RP option till now.... Good catch, Berelinde.

So will you be dismissing them en masse, or one by one, keeping some to be squashed?

The way it works now, it's up to the PC to send folks home, and it's handled one by one.

If the PC has Minsc in the party, the Fate Spirit will give a choice in addition the usual summoning ones:

"Send Minsc to the Copper Coronet in Athkatla."

If the PC sends him home, the Fate Spirit will give a choice in addition to the usual summoning ones:

"Bring me Minsc."

So it would be up to the PC to re-recruit anyone he wants to send home, since only members of the party can be sent home via the Fate Spirit.

Surely most of the time you don't want to send party members back because you'll be using them for the final battle.

Wouldn't it be better to just consult the Fate Spirit and ask it to send everyone but party members back (there'd be a hell of a party at the Copper Coronet)?

That's kind of against the point of the mod. The entire point of it is *not* to have a host of people standing around cooling their heels in the Pocket Plane at all. ;)

But if enough people ask for it, I can probalby add it as an option.

Ooh right. I getcha' now. So the idea is that once you're done with a party member, you send them straight back rather than just reforming the party and calling someone else?

Yeah that makes sense, probably a better use of the NPCs' time.

I remember I just called everyone to the pocket plane for the crack. It was amusing to see what some of them said. Like Nalia claiming she's one of the most powerful archmages in the Realms. I think I had my Sorcerer Dragon Breath her to prove a point...

Archived