Jaheira's quest and re-joining the party

Kitana

I'm rather confused. I'm not sure if this problem is due to Level One NPCs or something else, but I'm going to take a guess and think it might be either this or BG2 Tweaks' Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues, or some combination of the two.

Whenever I kick NPCs from the party I get, instead of individual NPC kick out dialogues, a different one which I don't remember getting for NPCs before installing Level One NPCs; so far as I know the Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues should only affect characters generated in Multiplayer. I'm not sure, though.

leaveke7.png

So, normally that wouldn't really be much of a problem. But in Jaheira's quest, there are a few times when she leaves the party and returns. The first time Meronia comes and asks her to return with her to the Harper Hold, she usually returns saying something along the lines of "Hail there. I said I would return, and I have.", then asks the PC to come with her to Harper Hold as soon as possible. Instead I got the same dialogue that shows when you kick an NPC out now - the same one in the screenshot above. So I asked her to rejoin the party, went back to the Harper Hold, and it was empty - no Gavalrey to ask my PC silly questions about her favorite color, sadly enough.

My Weidu.log is extremely long and I think this quest worked before I installed Level One NPCs, so if someone thinks they do need to see it I can PM it. Sorry if this isn't Level One NPCs' fault at all, like I said, it's just my best guess.

On a side note... As I'm desperately trying to avoid having to reinstall or otherwise mess around with the mods I have installed in this game at the moment, if anyone happens to know a temporary workaround like a variable I could set to make the Harpers -think- I had that conversation with Jaheira, that would also be great and I'd appreciate it.

I had the same issue, and IIRC it relates to Level1NPC's, but I thought it was resolved in v1.

For me, I solved the problem temporarily through Near Infinity, and I think the solution here is similar: save the game when she's out of the party, and open up the savegame in NI, track down the .cre file that's being used for Jaheira in your game (it should be fairly obvious) and open it for editing. You'll see there that her dialogue is set to MULTIP.DLG. Set this back to the right file - Jahierap.dlg - and you should be out of the woods.

I had the same issue, and IIRC it relates to Level1NPC's, but I thought it was resolved in v1.

For me, I solved the problem temporarily through Near Infinity, and I think the solution here is similar: save the game when she's out of the party, and open up the savegame in NI, track down the .cre file that's being used for Jaheira in your game (it should be fairly obvious) and open it for editing. You'll see there that her dialogue is set to MULTIP.DLG. Set this back to the right file - Jahierap.dlg - and you should be out of the woods.

Is this as easy as it sounds? I'm extremely new to all this and appear to be having the problem you're discussing. I downloaded Near Infinity to do what you've described. When I click (in any way I can think of- double, left, right, shift- etc.) on the dialog MULTIP.DLG spot, I get a screen which I suppose allows me to edit specific dialog responses (though they largely seem to be exit quotations). Based on the way other areas of Near Infinity works I was hoping to get a list of dlg files that I could assign to the character.

Please tell me how to reassign that dialog in more detail. Otherwise, I think I'm going to have to try renaming the file Jaheirap.dlg (or probably JAHEIP.DLG, which is the closest I can find) to MULTIP.DLG and pray for the best. I'm not sure how that's going to affect Yoshimo, who's currently out of the party and assigned MULTIP.DLG, when I see him again in Spellhold.

I think he means to edit the .cre for Jaheira in your save game and scroll down to her dialog slot (usually around offset 0x2cc) and change the assignment there.

Is this still happening in the latest L1NPCs? If so, we should try to track down whether this is a conflict between it and Tweaks' Multiplayer Kick-Out or what.

Archived