BG2 Gavin Status Report

berelinde

The secret project is out? Where? What did I miss??? Ack, I can't find it!

here! http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...154&hl=beta

it's "revealed" rather than "out" though.

I can confirm it's terrific ;)

Kath Stonedog

I can't express how happy I am! I've been away from this game for some seriously bad RL reasons but am now planning to finish Gavin, because I've been dying to, and agree with what Berelinde said on every point. He's a 39 year old Paladin (people can argue this all they want, but Bioware stated his age as such) and when I first played this game years ago I found the entire reconciliation part ludricrous for the same reasons Berelinde said. I also felt it was a Bioware "hurry up and get this over with and released" thing, too, along with some other things they never fully fleshed out or finished.

Berelinde, I can't wait!

And Senka, I can't wait for yours, either!!! Um, well I guess I can, I HAVE been waiting already! :) But it's okay. I just hope to see it fairly soon, but I'm patient and can wait. I know you need the coder. :)

Berelinde, I'm so sorry that you are going to retire, but you've already given us so much and for that I worship you!!! Thank you thank you thank you for all your hard word and wonderful mods over the years! You are my hero. :puke:

Hey, who said anything about retiring? OK, I did. And I will, sooner or later, but there are still two or three more projects I want to get done before I do, and they aren't even started yet. :)

And Senka, I can't wait for yours, either!!! Um, well I guess I can, I HAVE been waiting already! :) But it's okay. I just hope to see it fairly soon, but I'm patient and can wait. I know you need the coder.

me too! Not that I'm an addict or anything.... :)

Kath StoneDog

And Senka, I can't wait for yours, either!!! Um, well I guess I can, I HAVE been waiting already! :) But it's okay. I just hope to see it fairly soon, but I'm patient and can wait. I know you need the coder.

me too! Not that I'm an addict or anything.... :)

Kath StoneDog

Ha ha! Gee, me either! Both will be completely different but I have to admit I'm so glad Berelinde did one, too. It will probably be out sooner because she can code herself and she's such a terrific writer and can do crossmod with her other mods. (I'm guessing she will?)

And Berlinde, like I said, I've been away for awhile and when I saw you say "retire" I just sort of saw only that and jumped in with my worship and thanks, not like I haven't been doing that for years anyway! But I'm glad you have some projects. Are they secret? If not, maybe on your page? If not, can someone give me a link? I'll check your page right now first. But I've been involved in so much bad stuff lately I sort of feel brand new here again. But the sun is now rising and I can come back to something fun. :puke:

Edit - nope, she doesn't tell on her pages...I can only dream that they are NPC's...but whatever they are I'll enjoy them.

I've found that it's best not to discuss projects until I've got a working alpha. Too much speculation, otherwise. They are both collaborative efforts with another modder and they are both NPCs. More than that, I won't say. :)

As for Senka's Keldorn Romance, I'm looking forward to it as much as everyone else. It's a chance to fall in love with a favorite character in a different way. Never a bad thing! :)

Status report as of today:

Gavin (ToB)

• ToB banters for all NPCs
  • 2 ToB talks
  • Saradush interjections
  • Gavin/Imoen romance*

* Only occurs if Gavin knew Imoen in BG1 and if the PC is male or if the PC specifically tells Gavin to go for it (I had requests from female playtesters who wanted to see it while they were romancing someone else)

Haldamir ToB: Four PC talks

Keldorn Romance ToB: Two lovetalks

I'm glad to hear that! Not all players appreciate NPC/NPC romances, especially if one of the NPCs involved is romanceable in his own right, but there are a lot of good romances out there. Anything that makes the NPC a more entertaining companion in an unromanced state is alright with me. :mad:

In other news, a progress report. Posting what was accomplished between 7/26 and 7/30.

Gavin: First ToB romance talk completed (romance-specific talks always take longer... this one took 3 days)

Keldorn Romance: another lovetalk completed

I suppose I am a selfish pc :beer:

It's not that I wouldn't mind if two of the npcs hooked up... I just don't want to see/read it (plus I like to hog all the available npc men for myself :) )

Bottom line: I'm glad the npc/npc romances are mostly optional ~<3 maybe one day I'll be able to appreciate the effort that goes into them :mad:

Archived