BG2 Gavin Status Report

berelinde

Apart from a personal trainer and a pound of $50 bills, no, I don't need anything.

Modding has taken a hit lately because of some health issues, but I'm trucking away. Worked on BG2 today, as a matter of fact, though it was for Valen, not Gavin. But I did rebuild my BG2 instalation and got another dozen Gavin interjections written this weekend, so that's something.

The demon that ate my time has been signed, sealed, and delivered, though, so progress is being made.

Depending on how you guys feel about playtesting partial builds, I might have something for preliminary aphas in a week or two, though it won't have the romance tracks added.

Been working pretty steadily on Gavin, lately. Most of the general setup is done, and I've got two friendship talks written this week. I'm going to get the friendship track done and get that out in testing mode while I work on the romance. The SoA banters have been done forever, and many of the interjections are written.

After wrestling with how to handle a certain early-game event, and deciding how to handle the "reveal", I've decided that the event has to happen before either the friendship or the romance can start. I can't write two separate mods, one for the player who "knows" an another for the player who doesn't "know", with possible crossover, and expect to be done anytime this lifetime. So, long story short, as soon as Gavin is in the party, he'll ask to go to the Temple District. The player doesn't have to go right away, but he won't begin the friendship or the romance until he does. A dialogue will happen, and Gavin will leave the party again and go to the Docks, where he can be recruited for good at the Temple of Oghma. That starts the friendship or the romance.

So progress has been made. I don't know if I'll have the first alpha ready in two weeks, but it won't be two months.

Guest Happy
Been working pretty steadily on Gavin, lately. Most of the general setup is done, and I've got two friendship talks written this week. I'm going to get the friendship track done and get that out in testing mode while I work on the romance. The SoA banters have been done forever, and many of the interjections are written.

After wrestling with how to handle a certain early-game event, and deciding how to handle the "reveal", I've decided that the event has to happen before either the friendship or the romance can start. I can't write two separate mods, one for the player who "knows" an another for the player who doesn't "know", with possible crossover, and expect to be done anytime this lifetime. So, long story short, as soon as Gavin is in the party, he'll ask to go to the Temple District. The player doesn't have to go right away, but he won't begin the friendship or the romance until he does. A dialogue will happen, and Gavin will leave the party again and go to the Docks, where he can be recruited for good at the Temple of Oghma. That starts the friendship or the romance.

So progress has been made. I don't know if I'll have the first alpha ready in two weeks, but it won't be two months.

Yay! Progress on Gavin BG2! *does happy dance* Can't wait to see what's in store for my PC and her wonderful Gavin. :blush:

I know you must be busy and all, but...fancy giving us a little preview here?? Pretty please, with sugar on top? :blush:

I can hardly wait! I haven't played BG for quite awhile because I'm waiting for him. He'll be SOOO worth it! I know I'll play both romances - the one where you continue from BG1 and the new one for BG2. No insult, but I don't care about friendship cause I'm so in love with Gavin already that just friendship is no longer an option for me. That is a compliment Berelinde! :blush:

And you work your butt off. You are one of the modders who say they will do something and you do it and in a timely manner, ie, before I'm dead and buried. So thank you thank you thank you for all your wonderful hard work. I just have to say that I can't help but hope to see Reed again and wonder about any possible interaction with Eddie romance but even if not that's okay.

And did I say thanks??? :blush:

Depending on how you guys feel about playtesting partial builds, I might have something for preliminary aphas in a week or two, though it won't have the romance tracks added.

It's great to see that progress is being made on Gavin. :rolleyes: I know I'm putting my hand up late here but if you need any more playtesters or an extra proof reader I'd love to help out. (I recently moved house which ate my time and I suspect much of my brain but I'm steadily recovering and actually have some free time again. :mwaha: )

I'm still a ways out from having anything ready, unfortunately. RL has been tough, lately (get home from work at 1, do a quick forum sweep, still on the computer, two hours later, need to get up at 5 to go back to work... fortunately every day isn't like this, but this week, it is).

A bit, but I've got two other mods coming out ahead of him in the lineup.

I'm trying to get the CBP v9 out before the holiday weekend.

Then there's Alternatives and Haldamir ToB. So when you see Alternatives and Haldamir hit the shelves, Gavin won't be far behind.

Archived