BG2 Gavin Status Report

berelinde

His romance options are greatly expanded. He still won't romance assassins, but any female with a charisma and wisdom of 8 or better are eligible. BG2 doesn't undo the past. You won't be able to start the game with an evil necromancer engaged to Gavin. But you will be able to either romance him with the understanding that he'll try to cure you of your evil tendencies... or you can just string him along, if that's your preference.

Everybody gets talks. Sometimes, the nature of the talk will change, depending on the nature of your relationship, or you might get different conversation options, but the subjects of the talks are the same.

RA=0 means you're just friends, and it's available to everyone

RA=1 means that he's interested and will attempt to take things further, given time and encouragement

RA=2 means that you're in a committed romance with him

RA=3 means that you had a relationship with him at some point, but it's over now (restarting it is often possible)

RA=4 means that it's "complicated." You've been engaged to him at some point, whether in BG1 or BG2, and you might still be sleeping with him, but you couldn't take the commitment or want to keep your options open. He won't like it much, but it's more fun for the wicked...

Wow, that's a lot of options, enough to keep any gamer happy for quite some playthroughs. However, that does also mean more work for you, Berelinde! I wish you all the best for the next stages, we'll be sitting right here, waiting patiently for Gavin!! :)

Does Option 2 mean you are married, also? Not just committed? Well, I suppose marriage is commited, right? That shouldn't be a spoiler since the first lines of his LT's were on his page and one says, "Good morning, Charname Mor..."

And yes, Eleima, the playthru's will be great. I'm beginning to tire of BG2 but I'm not at the burnout stage yet and Gavin (and Neh't and the unfinished but greatly anticipated Valen) will keep me going for awhile!)

I don't know that I've ever posted on these boards, having been a happy lurker for many years...but I recently began playing the Gavin BG1 mod, and although I haven't gotten all the way through it yet I am so thrilled with it that I wish to add my voice to the 'can't wait for Gavin in BG2' chorus'! So nice to have a romanceable male NPC who doesn't have a tragic past (aside from a comparatively minor romantic blunder in his foolish youth), gets along (fairly well) with his family members, is a decent, good man--and who has impressed my PC with his desire for commitment. Heh, my only complaint was that she couldn't respond with, "Well, *you're* not ready, but buddy, I'd marry you tomorrow!"...:p

Eagerly awaiting the BG2 beta. Glad to see that I came to Gavin a bit later, and so it looks like I won't have to wait *too* long...:)

Thanks for a fantastic mod!!!

(Oh, and thank you for Alternatives. Now I can play a paladin without feeling like she probably ought to fall or something, working for the original options...)

Since the SoA portion of BG2 Gavin is currently in testing, you won't have to wait long at all. :)

Glad you're enjoying the BG1 portion so much! You'll have the option of continuing where you left off in BG2, but you'll also have the chance to let him try to win your PC over all over again, if that's your preference.

And thanks for the good word about Alternatives! It didn't seem fair that the PC could only get help from the bad guys.

My pleasure!

I hope you enjoy Gavin's friendship path, but if he isn't to your tastes and you can't bear Anomen or Aerie, you can just tell him not to talk to you and he'll be quiet.

Testing is moving right along. I expect to be publicly releasing the SoA portion of the mod by the end of April.

Frankly, *no one* can be as irritating as Anomen-the-prat, or Aerie-the-codependent. And as we can already see from BG1 Gavin, he's perfectly pleasant company whether or not the PC is romancing him...

Anyway, it's nice to have an NPC who *isn't* a seething, overdramatic pot of boiling angst. Ordinary can be awesome. Just look at Xander from Buffy...:p

Frankly, *no one* can be as irritating as Anomen-the-prat, or Aerie-the-codependent. And as we can already see from BG1 Gavin, he's perfectly pleasant company whether or not the PC is romancing him...

Oh, for me I beg to differ. Until I can romance him, Keldorn irritates the hell out of me, and so does Mazzy at times. And Nalia can be annoying and Jaheira too bossy.

Gah! I've played this game waaay too many times!

But come on, Gavin! I can hardly wait! :p

Archived