Chance of holiday update?

dizzyorange

Haven't been many posts in this forum of late, everybody's probably enjoying their holidays ;). I'm still enjoying SCS II though, playing a hour each day or so.

DavidW, I know (or inferred) that you work on the University schedule. I'm sure once classes/research begins your BG2 time will be severely limited. Assuming term starts in early January in England like it does over here in the States, will you get a chance to release an update before then?

Happy New Years!

Haven't been many posts in this forum of late, everybody's probably enjoying their holidays ;). I'm still enjoying SCS II though, playing a hour each day or so.

DavidW, I know (or inferred) that you work on the University schedule. I'm sure once classes/research begins your BG2 time will be severely limited. Assuming term starts in early January in England like it does over here in the States, will you get a chance to release an update before then?

Happy New Years!

Probably. Touch wood. I'm certainly working on it now (probably only a bugfix, not much new content.)

Fantastic! :)

I want to try a no re-loads with an evil party.

Any extra additions to the release outside of bug fixes?

Three new tactical components (improving Abazigal's lair, Yaga-Shura's temple, and (in a small way) Spellhold), a fairly minor spell-modification component, and a lot of small tactics optimisations.

I'm eager to try it! Finally Spellhold will be more interesting!

Actually it does something pretty simple: just deprive you of all your equipment. There's a pretty similar component in Big Picture, but mine is (I hope!) rather more reliable at not losing your stuff.

I'm very curious about the spell-modification. If you have some spare time i wish you could answer to my question about multiple SI in the Spell Revison thread... :)

It's pretty trivial: Power Word Blind becomes non-area-effect. I originally thought it was enemies-only (and so used it with impunity) but it turns out it's not.

It's pretty trivial: Power Word Blind becomes non-area-effect. I originally thought it was enemies-only (and so used it with impunity) but it turns out it's not.

I noticed this a while ago after I had assigned that spell to the sorceress from my Chosen fo Cyric encounter and I wholeheartedly agree with changing the spell to affect only one creature. BTW, that's completely legit per PnP rules:

Power Word, Blind

(Conjuration/Summoning)

Range: 5 yds./level

Components: V

Duration: Special

Casting Time: 1

Area of Effect: 15-ft. radius

Saving Throw: None

When a power word, blind spell is cast, one or more creatures within the area of effect become sightless. The spellcaster selects one creature as the target center, and the effect spreads outward from the center, affecting creatures with the lowest hit point totals first; the spell can also be focused to affect only an individual creature. The spell affects up to 100 hit points of creatures; creatures who currently have 100 or more hit points are not affected and do not count against the number of creatures affected. The duration of the spell depends upon how many hit points are affected. If 25 or fewer hit points are affected, the blindness is permanent until cured. If 26 to 50 hit points are affected, the blindness lasts for 1d4+1 turns. If 51 to 100 hit points are affected, the spell lasts for 1d4+1 rounds. An individual creature cannot be partially affected. If all of its current hit points are affected, it is blinded; otherwise, it is not. Blindness can be removed by a cure blindness or dispel magic spell.

^Note the highlighted part.

Anyway, looking forward to v3 David, I'm definitively going to include it on my next full length (SoA+ToB) test run. :)

Actually it does something pretty simple: just deprive you of all your equipment. There's a pretty similar component in Big Picture, but mine is (I hope!) rather more reliable at not losing your stuff.
That was actually a great idea imo, and it really didn't make sense that the party still held all their equipment. I hope you will handle the"losing stuff"bug without too many problems...

Talking about the spell tweak introduced by SCS II... Maybe you'll read the other topic but i'll suggest it here anyway just to be sure: what about "fixing" Glitterdust to bypass SI:Divination? I think it didn't worked as supposed in vanilla and i don't know if Fixpack corrected it (at least in my installation it always failed against an SI:Div).

That was actually a great idea imo, and it really didn't make sense that the party still held all their equipment. I hope you will handle the"losing stuff"bug without too many problems...

Well, the BP version relies on a manual list of all items in the game, so it relies on every item-introducing mod in the world being known to the author of BP. The SCS version generates its list dynamically, so it's guaranteed to include every item from every mod installed before SCSII. It's also more forgiving of failures: if some item doesn't get taken from you (e.g. because you installed the relevant mod after SCS II) then you get to keep it (in the BP version it's probably lost forever).

Talking about the spell tweak introduced by SCS II... Maybe you'll read the other topic but i'll suggest it here anyway just to be sure: what about "fixing" Glitterdust to bypass SI:Divination? I think it didn't worked as supposed in vanilla and i don't know if Fixpack corrected it (at least in my installation it always failed against an SI:Div).

I'll think about it. (To be honest it's going to be several months before I add any new content to SCSII once v3 comes out, though - my students are back now, and also an updated version of SCSI is the next priority).

Well, the BP version relies on a manual list of all items in the game, so it relies on every item-introducing mod in the world being known to the author of BP. The SCS version generates its list dynamically, so it's guaranteed to include every item from every mod installed before SCSII. It's also more forgiving of failures: if some item doesn't get taken from you (e.g. because you installed the relevant mod after SCS II) then you get to keep it (in the BP version it's probably lost forever).

I assume you are using TakeItemListParty() then?

How about using the DropInventory() + CopyGroundPilesTo() combo instead? Or would the piles automatically disappear after a while?

I assume you are using TakeItemListParty() then?

How about using the DropInventory() + CopyGroundPilesTo() combo instead? Or would the piles automatically disappear after a while?

That's the problem, yes. (I've also had some trouble getting CopyGroundPilesTo() to work, but even if it did, the disappearing problem is still there.)

Archived