Chance of holiday update?

dizzyorange

Where does the party get their items back? Same area or further in?

Same area (ar1515), but only after they've left and returned. (Functionally it's fairly similar to the BP version: you lose your items before the Bhaal dream sequence, and get a chance to collect them again between recruiting all the mad wizards and fighting Spellhold Irenicus.)

Well, I was vaguely thinking of writing one...
I hope it will be an optional component. I partially like the idea but i think most weapons should be found in an appropriate place (e.g Daystar guarded by a powerful lich, Dragonslayer in a dragon's lair, and so on...). Furthmore i generally don't finish all quests before rescuing Imoen but only the ones related to my party (e.g. a group of rangers/druids will likely complete Trademeet, Humar Hills and the Planar Sphere if Valygar is in the party) and i prefer to find weapons appropriate to the party (something that BioWare seems to have thought too: Trademeet has scimitars, spears, archer's bracers, a great short bow and a powerful druidic staff; Humar Hills offers a good sling as well as one of the best leather armor; at the same time Windspear Hills and Nalia's Keep have plenty of equipment for a fighters/paladins party and so on...).

Just to share my opinion. :)

Archived