[OS X] Why is Imoen missing her lines?

ericp07

Also in BGConfig, Cache size is defaulted at 300MB, but I can go much higher, just not sure what to change it to, if anything. Path search nodes is defaulted at 400,000, and I never adjust that setting. Enhanced pathfinding is enabled by default. Changed 2D color depth to 32-bit. Under Hardware, I've set General, Graphics, and Sound to their maximum values (those are the sliders), as the computer began life as a 733MHz Mac, so even before the CPU upgrade, it would have handled well enough.

Thanks,

Eric

* cache size can be increased to 2048 (higher values will default back to 300); only affects continuous visiting of "compressed" areas (smaller cache means fewer BIFFs can be stored decompressed in ./cache)

* path search nodes is limited to 400K (max); shouldn't make a difference, but can be reduced as far as 4K if movement seems too slow or choppy

* enhanced pathfinding is fine

* bit-depth 32 is best

I wouldn't touch the "Basic" settings; these alter a bunch of normal settings based on hardware -- you want to alter the settings individually. Frame Rate is the only setting "associated with frame rate." Gameplay settings don't matter; you might want to crank Tiles Precache up to 100% (1.2G RAM is plenty to accommodate full tile caching). Use 3D Acceleration should be off, but 3D Animations is fine.

* cache size can be increased to 2048 (higher values will default back to 300); only affects continuous visiting of "compressed" areas (smaller cache means fewer BIFFs can be stored decompressed in ./cache)

* path search nodes is limited to 400K (max); shouldn't make a difference, but can be reduced as far as 4K if movement seems too slow or choppy

* enhanced pathfinding is fine

* bit-depth 32 is best

I wouldn't touch the "Basic" settings; these alter a bunch of normal settings based on hardware -- you want to alter the settings individually. Frame Rate is the only setting "associated with frame rate." Gameplay settings don't matter; you might want to crank Tiles Precache up to 100% (1.2G RAM is plenty to accommodate full tile caching). Use 3D Acceleration should be off, but 3D Animations is fine.

I see I've been mostly on the right track, then, with BGConfig settings ;) I usually had the cache set to 1024, but I'll double that per your notes above.

Well...the normal frame rate appears a bit slow to me, but maybe that's just a lack of patience on my part ;) I'll leave it at max for now.

And now for the best news so far: Imoen is delivering her lines exactly when and where she should, and is interacting with Chloe just fine, in Chateau Irenicus. My test game party has just reached his room, next to the Dryad area, and I've saved it for later.

Thanks so much, and thanks to all who've joined in this thread! The rest of the details I've got to report will be in a new topic.

Happy gaming,

Eric

I've done the same as you, eric, I've just reinstalled BG and installed the mods again.

Weirdly, it all works fine, which is odd, as I've installed pretty much the same mods.

I haven't tried testing SoA Imoen yet, as I'm busy in ToB with Nathaniel ;) .

Do you mid posting your WeiDU log, as I seem to have had a lot of the same problems (Stuttering on certain areas, Immy missing her lines, cutscenes going slow).

I'd like to see if you have the same install order as me

Also, I got CrossMod to work, although it was one of the last things I installed.

*Captain Obvious* I've only just worked out how important the install order is. Longer Road needs to go near the start or it won't work (apparently so odes Auren ;) ) *Captain Obvious*

BTW Playing ToB with Sarevok/Longer Road/Ascension/Turnabout turns Tob into Friends Reunited. EVERYONE comes back. EVERYONE. The final battles is absolutely hilarious ;)

ETA I've just seen your Wiedu log. You have a lot of mods installed that I don't

*puzzled* I don't suppose you still have your previous Weidu log?

I've done the same as you, eric, I've just reinstalled BG and installed the mods again.

Weirdly, it all works fine, which is odd, as I've installed pretty much the same mods.

I haven't tried testing SoA Imoen yet, as I'm busy in ToB with Nathaniel ;) .

Do you mid posting your WeiDU log, as I seem to have had a lot of the same problems (Stuttering on certain areas, Immy missing her lines, cutscenes going slow).

I'd like to see if you have the same install order as me

Also, I got CrossMod to work, although it was one of the last things I installed.

*Captain Obvious* I've only just worked out how important the install order is. Longer Road needs to go near the start or it won't work (apparently so odes Auren ;) ) *Captain Obvious*

BTW Playing ToB with Sarevok/Longer Road/Ascension/Turnabout turns Tob into Friends Reunited. EVERYONE comes back. EVERYONE. The final battles is absolutely hilarious ???

ETA I've just seen your Wiedu log. You have a lot of mods installed that I don't

*puzzled* I don't suppose you still have your previous Weidu log?

Each time I do a new clean install, I delete the previous WeiDU Log. Sorry. It just recently occurred to me that there might be some value to keeping a copy, though, so I'll start doing that ;)

How did you get Crossmod to work? And yes, install order is everything, but not everyone knows where in the order this or that mod should go for best compatibility. It's a painful trial-and-error process.

Happy gaming,

Eric

I found that leaving Crossmod right to the end of my install process helped, but I installed it before Ashes of Embers and RE.

Are you using Version 7?

Yes, it was Version 7 that failed. The previous version worked just fine, so I've saved the archive I downloaded. I still don't know what to do about Crossmod 7 yet. I'm interested to know if any Mac users have installed it successfully.

I've noticed a few mods that say they should be installed last. That makes it more difficult to determine the best install order. I'd planned on installing Refinements last, but Virtue also says it should be installed after other WeiDU mods, so I'm not sure about those two, either. I'll just have to install these three in different sequences till I find what works.

Thanks,

Eric

Archived