Various stuff for Nythrun, if she has a mo

Bursk

Now that the last of the festive Quorn roast has been eaten, I've settled my plump ass down to perform much testing and dickery. I've found a few things (some of which you may already be aware of, so I apologise if this is repetitive).

The instant I take Aerie into my party, the following banter occurs between her and Jaheira:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5323/ig...airedonegj4.jpg

Only a trivial matter, but it'd be cool if this dialogue could somehow be delayed until a later time, since it seems out of place when it happens two seconds after Aerie has joined the group.

Is it possible to restrict items given to those NPCs that already start with special items? Yoshimo, if I give him the Katana prof (which I do so that he can use his own special weapon) starts with his own Katana +1, plus another regular Katana +1. Valygar, if I give him the Katana prof (which I do so that he can use his own Family Blade), starts with his Family Blade and Family Armour in his inventory, plus Splint Mail +1 and two Katana +1.

Viconia has some equipment if you use L1NPCs to modify her, but she probably shouldn't. Ah, but the main issue with Viconia is that she dies almost straight away after you've freed her from the stake, what with her having around 8HP and all. Is this also likely to be a problem in Tutu, when that nasty man is trying to kill her? Is there anything that can be done, like a Min1HP item being given to her and then dispelled once she's joined the group? Using Ctrl-Y on the fanatics isn't really something I want to do.

Now, to my shame, I'd like to request that Anomen also get some special treatment. As you know, he's too stoopid to legally dual from a fighter to a fighter/cleric, so you can't really do much with him unless you give him a completely different class than what he has in the vanilla game. Those of us just interested in some minor tweaking are out of luck.

What I'd love to see is an option during L1NPCs setup to keep everything about him the same (profs, fighter and cleric levels etc) but give him a fighter or cleric kit, so he could be e.g. a fighter/Watcher of Helm. I'd also ask, in case it won't be done automatically, that the Record screen display is consistent with other dual-classes i.e. ‘Fighter/Cleric’ at the top, and then ‘Watcher of Helm: Level X’ and ‘Fighter: Level 7’ on the right. The reason I mention this is because NPC Kitpack makes Nalia's Record screen say Mage/Adventurer at the very top, instead of Mage/Thief.

I hope this type of feedback is useful.

Not sure how much collaborative feedback you wanted, but here's my 0.02 euros.

The instant I take Aerie into my party, the following banter occurs between her and Jaheira:

Only a trivial matter, but it'd be cool if this dialogue could somehow be delayed until a later time, since it seems out of place when it happens two seconds after Aerie has joined the group.

I see this as a rolepaying aspect, and not something L1NPCs should be touching. We all know Jaheira's personality, at least as scripted by vanilla game and mods, and this seems consistent with her behavior, although outright rude.

Is it possible to restrict items given to those NPCs that already start with special items? Yoshimo, if I give him the Katana prof (which I do so that he can use his own special weapon) starts with his own Katana +1, plus another regular Katana +1. Valygar, if I give him the Katana prof (which I do so that he can use his own Family Blade), starts with his Family Blade and Family Armour in his inventory, plus Splint Mail +1 and two Katana +1.
I agree, tighter allocation of gear. But remember, NPCs are just as likely to have their stash of loot as the PC.

Viconia has some equipment if you use L1NPCs to modify her, but she probably shouldn't. Ah, but the main issue with Viconia is that she dies almost straight away after you've freed her from the stake, what with her having around 8HP and all. Is this also likely to be a problem in Tutu, when that nasty man is trying to kill her? Is there anything that can be done, like a Min1HP item being given to her and then dispelled once she's joined the group? Using Ctrl-Y on the fanatics isn't really something I want to do.
In terms of roleplaying, I agree she should be equipment-less. What does the vanilla game do?

Totally agree, if Viconia has the life-expentancy of BG1-Shar-teel, she should be protected for a limited time.

What I'd love to see is an option during L1NPCs setup to keep everything about him the same (profs, fighter and cleric levels etc) but give him a fighter or cleric kit, so he could be e.g. a fighter/Watcher of Helm.
I do not understand what you're asking for. Isn't this what the mod does?

I'd also ask, in case it won't be done automatically, that the Record screen display is consistent with other dual-classes i.e. 'Fighter/Cleric' at the top, and then 'Watcher of Helm: Level X' and 'Fighter: Level 7' on the right. The reason I mention this is because NPC Kitpack makes Nalia's Record screen say Mage/Adventurer at the very top, instead of Mage/Thief.
Agreed.

I hope this type of feedback is useful.
Always.

I see this as a rolepaying aspect, and not something L1NPCs should be touching. We all know Jaheira's personality, at least as scripted by vanilla game and mods, and this seems consistent with her behavior, although outright rude.
But the issue here is that Jaheira does this when Aerie has just joined the party and can't have more than certain amount of maximum hitpoints, which is lover than the one that trigers the conversation. So Aerie isn't even hurt, and Jaheira treats her as she would be almost fatally injured, just because she is at first level, for the moment.
It'd be cool if this dialogue could somehow be delayed until a later time,
Sure, done.

Is it possible to restrict items given to those NPCs that already start with special items?
How stingy do you want to get here? No additional weapons at all if they've a signature weapon? Valygar is getting two katanas because he's a ranger and has dual wield by default. Do note that item usability is meant to follow the NPC in question around as they change their major, though people seem rarely to twiddle with characters in ways that require that.

Viconia has some equipment if you use L1NPCs to modify her,
Not anymore ;)

Ah, but the main issue with Viconia is that she dies almost straight away,
I'll give her some temporary hitpoints or something - she's meant to be in peril if you don't assist her. Putting the fanatic townies to the sword is honestly one of my favorite parts of the whole game - it hadn't occurred to me that they might live long enough to get a hit in ;)

What I'd love to see is an option during L1NPCs setup to keep everything about him the same (profs, fighter and cleric levels etc) but give him a fighter or cleric kit,
This one is a little more difficult. I can't guarantee that if the second class in a dual is kitted that the kit abilities won't simply fall off at some level-up - I've done only limited testing with that and don't know all the circumstances where it can go awry. Similarly, I can't prevent anyone from making Mazzy a kensai and then using her shortbow proficiency without rebuilding some of the character (and Assassimoen needs to lose some thief skill points, etc etc). I'll think some more about possible implementations here, but it's not going to make the V1 release.

Thanks for the responses.

For Viccy, how about giving her roughly the same number of HP as she gets in the unmodded game? That'd make sense to me.

As far as NPC equipment is concerned, I don't have any concrete ideas on what you should do. Still, I do know that there's no need for Valygar to come with three Katanas and two suits of armour. Why not just start him with his own stuff and one other weapon? That way he'll be both armoured and able to dual-wield. As for Yoshimo, he already has a katana, so why give him another one? All you're likely to do is flog the spare one down tut market.

Azazello, the mod doesn't really deal with dual-class characters, so you have to manually create them in-game. Here's what I do to make Imoen a level 6 swashbuckler/mage dual-class (the first five lines are done during L1NPCs setup, and the proficiency choices are just personal preference):

Class: Thief

Kit: Swashbuckler

40 Skill Points into Open Locks

Long Sword *

Short Bow *

In-game, use CLUAConsole to set XP to 20,000 and level-up (to level 6). Put a * in Katana, 35 Skill Points into Open Locks, and 90 Skill Points into Find Traps

Dual-class to a Mage, and put a * in Single Weapon Style

Add the correct number of XP so that her total is roughly the same as the protagonist’s, and level-up. Put another * in Single Weapon Style

Now, if I wanted to dick about with Anomen's proficiencies but keep him a level 7 fighter/cleric dual-class (and this is without even giving him a kit), I'd do something like this:

Class: Fighter

Kit: None

Weapon *

'nother Weapon *

In-game, use CLUAConsole to set XP to whatever and level-up (to level 7). Assign *(s) as appropriate

Dual-class to a Cleric...

Dual-class to a Cleric - There's your problem. Anomen's wisdom is too low to allow you to do this. If you want him to be a fighter/cleric dual-class, you can't alter him with L1NPCs. So what we're stuck with is an Anomen with a bunch of proficiencies you may not want, and no kit.

NPC Kitpack does have an 'Anomen will gain the Priest of Helm kit on passing his knighthood test' component, so maybe that'll provide some clue as to how to give him a cleric kit without things going wrong. From a personal point of view, I'd like to either make him a fighter kit/plain cleric or a plain fighter/Watcher of Helm (I don't understand why NPC Kitpack doesn't have an option to start him off with the Helm kit).

Oh, while I remember, when I meet Imoen at Spellhold, will she revert to level 1, and be basically the same as at the start of the game, or will she be a levelled-up version that has the skills and proficiencies I gave her at the beginning of the game i.e. 100 Skill Points in both Open Locks and Find Traps, *s in katana and single weapon style etc?

Anyway, that's it for me for this evening. Time to go out, drink too much red wine and throw up on my someone else's shoes. Happy New Year! ;)

Edit: There’s no longer an option to give Minsc the Berserker Minsc kit (from the mod of the same name) via the L1NPCs setup menu. I’m positive I could do this with v0.7 beta.

During L1NPCs setup I can put 2* in all the regular druid weapons e.g. club, sling etc, and 1* in everything else for F/D Jaheria (I imagine it’s the same for any NPC I make a F/D). Nythrun, would it be possible to offer players an ‘allow F/D to place 2* in any weapon a fighter can use’ option during the Tweak Weapon Profs section?

I decided to test things further by starting a new game and making a new F/D protagonist. During chargen my half-elf F/D cannot place a * in any weapon, only the regular druid weapons (and it’s up to 2* in each). As for in-game Jaheria, when you level her up and go to the profs screen, you see some weird stuff (note that during L1NPCs setup I placed 1* in each of those four weapons - bastard sword, long sword etc):

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9236/oddshrimpqt2.jpg

vvv And thank you, Blood Beast, I'll consider doing that.

Guest Blood Beast

If you want to dual Class Anomen, try finding these two files in your Override folder,

abdcdsrq.2da

abdcscrq.2da

Then open each file and REPLACE every none zero number with the number 10.

This basically relaxes the dual class restrictions. I think a minimum of 10 or 12 is reasonable, given the fact that multi-class characters have much lower attribute requirements. And it also makes sense to see some weak fighters and stupid mages, since not everyone on the face of faerun is got 17+ stats. My fighter's only got 12 STR, and 8 Chr, but he kicks ass and looks good doing it.

In case you can't find those two files, try using NearInfinity to extract them from the archive. Else give me your email and I will send it to you.

I'm still waiting to hear back from anyone who's had a kickout dialogue problem of any kind with the Sneak Peek V1 before I send V1 off to boarding school CamDawg - so I'll add in the Fighter Druid tomfoolery.

If folks really want a "Anomen can dual without cheating" subsubcomponent, I can add that as well.

Imoen with Post-Traumatic Spellhold Syndrome will be a separate creature requiring levelup again, as she is in the unmodded game. It's not difficult to mod the "continuous" Imoen, it's just very difficult to do so late in the install after other mods have probably already made changes to dialogue.

The mod is designed only to offer player-accessible kits, it just does so rigorously now. I can work in special exemptions, but it all has to be done by hand (and likely by request, as I can't keep track of every kit mod :) ).

For Anomen I was considering flattening the bell curve so that twelve wisdom suffices for dualling to cleric. Optional, naturally :)

I've a couple more days before V1 absolutely has to be pushed out.

Nythrun, can you tell me how to summon Post-Traumatic Spellhold Syndrome Imoen, so I can check her out? I know the CLUAConsole command, just not the creature number.

Drew should be making an update to his mod at some point, so perhaps once that is done we can see about getting that kit added to your 'special exemptions' list.

I would like to see Anomen given the ability to legally dual to a cleric, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks again for responding to my never-ending questions.

It's imoen211 or imoen213 for Imoen II. Bugfree continuous Imoen really isn't possible unless it's the last mod installed, so I probably won't ever include this, even though I think it's preferable.

I'll add special exemptions for Drew's mod and NPC kitpack. I'm still pretty ill, but V1 needs to get formally released soon, so we'll push and hope nothing falls off :)

So it's imoen211 or imoen213 depending on what level you are when you meet her in Spellhold?

Regarding Berserker Minsc, I've sent Drew a PM asking him if he's made any progress on an update to his mod. If there will be an update soon, I suppose you may as well wait to include an exemption for it.

And sorry to hear you're ill. I hope you don't have that norovirus! :)

Nythrun, while I think of it, in the same way that I think an 'allow F/D to place 2* in any weapon a fighter can use’ option would be nice, do you (or anyone else) know if other multi-classes have similar situations to the F/D i.e. they can put a * in any weapon, but can only put 2* in certain weapons?

Edit: And I'm curious as to why you use the term 'Minsc's headwound rage'. I thought he had a rage because he's a berserker warrior from the nation of Rasheman. Just wondering, that's all.

Further Edit: I noticed that Sarevok starts with Chain Mail +2. Do you think you could start him off with the Full Plate Mail +1 he gets in the unmodded game?

And would there be any way to change the text when talking to the Fate Spirit, so that any changes to an NPC's class are taken into account? If so, would compatibility with the Homeward Bound mod be possible?

Another Edit, while I await the return of our radioactive Galadriel: I've checked in-game and all the other multiclasses work fine when it comes to assigning proficiency points, so it's just F/D that have a problem.

Archived