Of Simulacrums, Projected Images and their exploits

Is bard song explicitly described as being unstackable? If not then making it unstackable would prevent players from using multiple bard characters to their full effect.

Projected Image shouldn't be able to use Bard Song at all, making it unstackable won't fix this - it will only stop the exploit (as well as possibly preventing legitimate uses)

I know. I'm hoping to sucker someone else into including it into their mod
The mod I'm working on includes these changes:

- projected images can cast spells; cannot use items abilities (e.g Daystar's Sunray), quick slots (no more infinite scrolls) and innate abilities; the images cannot turn undead, hide in shadows, pickpocket, etc...

- simulacrum's clone can do everything the original caster can do; anyway quick item slots are disabled for balance purpose (the aforementioned exploit of infite scrolls/potions is really too cheesy)

- all clones cannot create further clones

- all clones/images are now displayed with the same exact colors of the original caster (you can't distinguish anymore which one is real)

But I think tweak pack can handle it surely better than I.

Hi,

I want to mention a BUG with simulacrum & PI spells which belongs to fixpack (core fixes?)

Trigger type spells and contingencies cast by your images cause the game to lock you to contingency/trigger screen forever. You can not pick spells to fill your slots, you can not dispel or cancel contingency etc. You have to quit game using ALT+F4. Now, you can say dont cast them, OK. But playing a Wild Mage, sometimes a wild surge triggers a random spell from your spellbook, which can be: contingency or trigger type spells ;) Bye bye battle, you have to start over from your last save point.

If you have a active contingency before or during the casting of image spells, sometimes you can escape that "imprisoning" screen by choosing some spells. But it is a rare thing.

My suggestion if possible is removing those speels from simulacrums and projected images during creation.

Btw, first post, many thanks for the fixpack to its creators :)

Nevermind, fixed it :) Changed projimag.spl & simulacr.spl files to remove following spells from the book and memory of image:

- Minor Sequencer

- Spell Sequencer

- Spell Trigger

- Contingency

- Chain Contingency

I have tested some and there seems to be no problem. I can submit if you're interested.

Archived