Small bug with Aerie romance

Qwinn

Don't know if this has been noticed yet, but I didn't see anything about it, and I just ran into it on my current playthrough.

I've had a couple situations where my romance's lovetalk music would start up but no actual lovetalk occurs. The one place I've been able to duplicate it consistently is while romancing Aerie and exiting the sewers after having rescued Haer'dalis and having him in my party. After moving a few feet from the sewer entrance, Aerie's music would consistently start up with no actual lovetalk. If I booted Haer'dalis from my group just before that happened, the lovetalk would work properly (but then he'd take the gem with him and all the actors in the Five Flagons would be gone when I got there).

It wouldn't matter if it didn't screw up the lovetalk progression, but a lovetalk -is- skipped when that happens. In my game, it was the lovetalk where Aerie finally stops whining and states her intention to get over her wings. So, with that one being skipped, you go from her "total despair" lovetalk straight to "I've heard about your adventures up in the Sword Coast, it sounds so exciting, I want to wrest everything I can out of life" lovetalk.

I know why her love talks might be suppressed if Haer'dalis is in the party, but if it could somehow be coded so that if a lovetalk is suppressed it doesn't advance the lovetalk counter, that'd be great.

Just thought I'd mention it. Overall, great work, guys, the overall bugginess of the game is down 98% by my eyes!

Qwinn

Ouch...

After playing a long while, and after a couple more lovetalks, my romance with Aerie effectively stopped. After checking around with variables and stuff, I discovered that that lovetalk that got skipped is a crucial one that changes the AerieActiveRomance variable from 1 to 2. So it wound up being a romance killer of a bug. Bleah. Think I'm gonna have to go back to well before rescuing Haer'dalis and make sure I don't take him into my party this time. Double bleah.

Qwinn

Archived