So tell us what you want!

Sister Vigilante

Thing of the future. Thing of the future. Thing of the future.  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish I could let you vote more than once, since I want to know anything & everything people are interested in. If you can figure out a way to cheat and vote twice, by all means do so!

All of the above (with the exception of #10, and #7 and #8 might take work) are real possibilities, and indeed I may have some scraps lying around for them.

There is no "other" option, but feel free to either post another suggestion, or elaborate on your choice above ;)

Serious Spoilers follow, so be warned!

I'd rather the lovetalks were spaced just a hair closer together, and that there were NPC-initiated flirts.

To be completely honest, I wish there was a real Bodhi abduction sequence. She's abducted NPCs my PC liked less. Yes, I know what she says, but... it just doesn't seem the same. At least with Xan, he had a moonblade that would suck him in to prevent him from turning into the horror that elves are supposed to become when they're turned (although it's worth noting that Aerie wasn't any more horrifying as a vampire than she usually is, but never mind).

I'd rather the lovetalks were spaced just a hair closer together, and that there were NPC-initiated flirts.

To be completely honest, I wish there was a real Bodhi abduction sequence. She's abducted NPCs my PC liked less. Yes, I know what she says, but... it just doesn't seem the same. At least with Xan, he had a moonblade that would suck him in to prevent him from turning into the horror that elves are supposed to become when they're turned (although it's worth noting that Aerie wasn't any more horrifying as a vampire than she usually is, but never mind).

;) Gotcha. I'll see what I can do.

:) Gotcha. I'll see what I can do.

That, and just more dialog in general. You are a good writer, Sister V.

SPOILERAGE TO COME (whilst being vague as possible)

I'd especially like to see more dialog exploring Angelo's reluctance to further the relationship, because I see his reason as stemming from wanting to develop an unexplored side of himself without muddying the waters with his usual patterns. I think that's VERY interesting, and would add further to Angelo's depth. And, though he might not think it, he does have depth.

Also? Though I haven't gone all the way through TOB yet, more Immy/Angelo content (after all, she deals with Sarevok being there) and more Sarevok content once you change his alignment. TOB could use all the interesting stuff it can get.

That and ... make him 40 so he's just twice the PC's age? :)

That, and just more dialog in general. You are a good writer, Sister V.

:) Thanks.

I'd especially like to see more dialog exploring Angelo's reluctance to further the relationship, because I see his reason as stemming from wanting to develop an unexplored side of himself without muddying the waters with his usual patterns. I think that's VERY interesting, and would add further to Angelo's depth. And, though he might not think it, he does have depth.

Also? Though I haven't gone all the way through TOB yet, more Immy/Angelo content (after all, she deals with Sarevok being there) and more Sarevok content once you change his alignment. TOB could use all the interesting stuff it can get.

That and ... make him 40 so he's just twice the PC's age? :)

Check, check, all noted. And yes! The next version should contain

-more Imoen ToB content, and

-(probably) a Bodhi abduction--with a twist

This thread is full of really bad jokes. *eyes the thread title* :)

I'm interested in seeing a Friendship path. I like my PC to be able to talk and get to know his whole party; mod NPCs are at a disadvantage because they're "new" and I don't feel as though my CHARNAME develops a strong bond with them because I've known the BioWare crew for years. Friendships and Romances fix that, but I never play a female PC and so I'm worried I won't be able to get to know Angelo too well.

Agreed, romance is nice and all. But I usually travel without Viconia, Jaheira, and Aerie as I don't want to deal with them hitting on me or deal with their problems in general.

Friendship is always welcome. I'd like some camaraderie. I enjoyed being involved in Korgan making fun of Nalia.

Aerie has no sense of humor.

This thread is full of really bad jokes. *eyes the thread title* :)

Do you have the song stuck in your head now? I know I do. And it's the worst kind, where you only know one line and it loops over and over and you want to claw out your brain. Ah, memories of the 5th grade...now if we just got some Oasis in here, we'd be all set...

Agreed, romance is nice and all. But I usually travel without Viconia, Jaheira, and Aerie as I don't want to deal with them hitting on me or deal with their problems in general.

Friendship is always welcome. I'd like some camaraderie. I enjoyed being involved in Korgan making fun of Nalia.

Aerie has no sense of humor.

There should be a fa-air amount of nonromance content. Not to pull out the old "it's that way in the game so I can do it" defense :) , but in the process of writing this, I noticed that one of the reasons the original romances are so long (most of them have 30+ talks) is because you can hardly learn anything about the characters if you don't romance them. With Angelo, most of the "getting to know you" stuff is available either way, but there is extra for the romance. For one thing, he might not ask the player as many questions about him/herself...

However--noted!

(Also it looks like we have at least one Mazzy fan. I will be curious if there are any Cernd fans out there.)

*Raises hand* Here! Disappointed to see no Cernd banters, but oh well. Is it because you personally don't like Cernd, or that you can't write for him? It might be worth giving it a shot even if you dislike the character. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be happy to help if you needed it, as well.

How extensive are his player initiated dialogues? I'd be very interested in asking some detailed questions - especially when I'm not in a romance with him.

The mod looks great, by the way, and I look forward to playing it! :)

I voted for more flirts/lovetalks, but really -- more of anything would be absolutely swell.

I just finished ToB yesterday with him, and I enjoyed it very, very much so I'll be eagerly awaiting anything new to come in future versions! I was a touch skeptical at the beginning, I admit -- I loved the way you portrayed him in 'Fury' but I wasn't so sure he'd gel into a party. Gladly, I was quite wrong! He's amused me, made me go 'awww' quite loudly, and has positively assured himself a place (I'd reckon) in my top 5 (probably top 3) NPCs I've played with.

I guess after having played Xan so often, though, I'm utterly spoilt with content and interaction so... anything that gave me more to do/say/be involved in that's out of the normal scope of the game, but relating to him, would be super in my most humble opinion. Thank you *very* much for this NPC -- it's been a joy :)

*Raises hand* Here! Disappointed to see no Cernd banters, but oh well. Is it because you personally don't like Cernd, or that you can't write for him? It might be worth giving it a shot even if you dislike the character. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be happy to help if you needed it, as well.

Hmm, how can I say this...I don't really dislike any NPC based on the personality Bioware gave them. I do think there are cases (like Cernd) where they forgot to put the personality in (beta oversight)? I felt like he never really came to life for me in the way that, say, Minsc--or even Valygar--did vividly. Still, it did take me a while to warm to Valygar, so...

Maybe I will "subcontract" it... :)

How extensive are his player initiated dialogues? I'd be very interested in asking some detailed questions - especially when I'm not in a romance with him.

Fairly extensive. I've looked at other mods that certainly have more (such as Xan). I'd venture to say that if you don't romance him, he'll still have more content--you'll find out more about him--than any of the original NPCs even if you romance them; and if you romance him, he'll be roughly on par with other NPC mods.

The nonromancing player can find out a great deal about his history, especially with the Iron Throne. It's up to the romancing player, though, to ask him about things like his favorite food and favorite book (he never quite reaches that "level" with a friend :) ).

The mod looks great, by the way, and I look forward to playing it!

;) Thanks! Incidentally--well, I'll send you the rest by PM...

I voted for more flirts/lovetalks, but really -- more of anything would be absolutely swell.

I just finished ToB yesterday with him, and I enjoyed it very, very much so I'll be eagerly awaiting anything new to come in future versions! I was a touch skeptical at the beginning, I admit -- I loved the way you portrayed him in 'Fury' but I wasn't so sure he'd gel into a party. Gladly, I was quite wrong! He's amused me, made me go 'awww' quite loudly, and has positively assured himself a place (I'd reckon) in my top 5 (probably top 3) NPCs I've played with.

I guess after having played Xan so often, though, I'm utterly spoilt with content and interaction so... anything that gave me more to do/say/be involved in that's out of the normal scope of the game, but relating to him, would be super in my most humble opinion. Thank you *very* much for this NPC -- it's been a joy ;)

:D Thanks a lot! Yeah, "more in general" seems like a common request. I'll see what I can do.

[big spoilers ahead]

I finished TOB with him yesterday as well, and here are a few points:

1. Overall, I thought it was fantastic - the character is very well developed and believable. I think he's a great addition to the party, regardless of whether the player is or isn't romancing him.

2. From technical point of view, I had no problems, so, no bugs to report. Big kudos to Kulyok!

3. I would have liked to see a different talk at the tree of life for an active romance, as having one which didn't mention the relationship at all felt discordant. If they're about to face their possible deaths, then surely he'd have something to say to his lover?

4. I thought the wedding in the temple in Saradush was pure genius! I wasn't expecting it at all - and it's a brilliant idea. I thought the proposal was absolutely plausible for Angelo.

5. I thought his dialogue was very well thought out, and was just right for his character. It fit into the game, but at the same time was uniquely his.

6. Is there another talk between Sarevok and Angelo after the grudging truce? If so, I didn't discover one. I'm not sure if I think there should be one more or not - it works well as is, but I can't help wishing there was another one. Even if it was Sarevok telling Angelo he's sorry and Angelo telling him it was too soon for a reconciliation, and leaving it at that.

7. I also add my voice to those asking for some play on the Bodhi-abduction piece. But I can see from previous posts that you're looking into it, so, say no more.

8. Lastly, I was very impressed with the writing in general. I went in with no expectations, and was blown away. I can't thank you enough for bringing out such a wonderful addition to the game. :)

7. I also add my voice to those asking for some play on the Bodhi-abduction piece. But I can see from previous posts that you're looking into it, so, say no more.

Yeah, right. Just leave it to Kulyok to be coding it. Grumble, grumble. Honestly, where's the option: "No, look, the mod is so COOL and PERFECT that you don't have to add ANYTHING!" :)

Anyway, here's my question to YOU, playtesters: now that you've played the game with Angelo, will you be playtesting him again, if the abduction and other materials are added?

Archived