So tell us what you want!

Sister Vigilante

Thing of the future. Thing of the future. Thing of the future.  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, as I said, it's up to each individual modder. As things stand, Crossmod Banter Pack is a mod that includes, or, as Grim said when it was announced, could include all action between mods, from banters and reactions to kits and interjections. So, if the mod's maintainer says "Don't submit your content here, please", I wouldn't think it's a good thing, no.

(Edit: please disregard this post)

I'm not saying "don't send stuff here."

Original intent: to enable cross mod content for *already released* mods. We're talking about a mod that isn't out yet. It wouldn't kill anybody to get it out in the mod itself.

Head spinning with install order implications...

I suppose it depends largely on how the reaction is meant to work, mechanically. If it's a simple "my script checks for global X and if found, I start dialogue, and I'm not actually interacting with anybody who's part of this other mod" then it could go either into the NPC or into CBP. If it's supposed to be an interactive reaction, then it would seem natural to go into CBP.

By its nature, CBP is expected and intended to be installed well after everything else of a character nature, right? So adding another mod (RE) to its potential dependencies wouldn't seem to be a big deal.

(Ever wonder why I did Banter Pack but didn't start a Crossmod Banter Pack on my own? This is one of the reasons...)

Damn, there's that. Install order is hard to argue with.

(By the way, I've got these ten new Romantic Encounters that are written, and each is meant to happen only under certain conditions. They aren't coded, though...)Actually, I shouldn't complain. I still wish more NPCs reacted to RE.

That was a dirty trick, and I nearly fell for it. Reactions are completely independent of installation order. Variable exists: reaction happens. Variable doesn't exist: it doesn't. It doesn't matter which mod is installed where.

I think I said that.

I suppose it depends largely on how the reaction is meant to work, mechanically. If it's a simple "my script checks for global X and if found, I start dialogue, and I'm not actually interacting with anybody who's part of this other mod" then it could go either into the NPC or into CBP. If it's supposed to be an interactive reaction, then it would seem natural to go into CBP.
In an ideal world, where things always seem a lot easier in than they really are...

I would like to see cross mod content for -

1. Nathaniel - He used to work at the Fist and mentions Angelo by name in his banters/love talks.

I'm not familiar with Nathaniel (or wasn't, until I looked him up just now), but anyone who was in the Fist would certainly have something to say to Angelo. And a good-aligned character who was in the Fist might well, well have irreconcilable conflict with him. Also homosexuality (although the term as such would be meaningless to him) comes up once or twice with Angelo, so that might be something he could talk about.

Although I notice Nathaniel was written by a one "Miss Sakaki." A ah, minor character in Angelo NPC happens to share the name (although the source was probably different). I hope she doesn't sue me...

Err...if you happen to read this, Sakaki-san, major kudos for good taste! :)

3. Reactions to RE - though I'm pretty sure Angelo wouldn't be that bothered to begin with, even if the romance is active. If not in a romance with a female PC I would imagine he'd be encouraging her - with a 'live a little' kind of attitude. If it was a male PC I would think he would cheer him on as well.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll post more as I think of them...

There was actually some discussion of this, as Kulyok is one of RE's authors. My thought was this: Angelo has a reaction to a male PC sleeping with Phaere, and it seemed like his reaction to other such encounters would be a repeat of that. As for a woman, Angelo is actually a raging hypocrite when it comes to this, and would probably feel a little threatened whether in the romance or not--but it would be a complex reaction, hard to treat in just a few interjections. In other words there might be so much content that I'd feel people without RE would be missing out! :) So as neat as it sounds, it's probably not on for now. Although if I or somebody else thought up a great idea for a specific encounter, that might work.

I want to apologize for being a jerk, and plead extreme fatigue and/or temporary insanity.

It's kind of a case of "What the hells was I thinking?" I must have been out of my skull to discourage crossmod for any reason. With that in mind, please disregard any posts I might have made in this thread over the last 24 hours. I'm not going to edit them, apart from sticking a "disregard this, please" at the top, as that would throw the posts of others out of context, but I'm rather baffled by what I wrote even hours ago. It's amazing how different the world looks after a nap. Clearly, I need to start getting more sleep.

Sister Vigilante and others: if you've got any possible crossmod material between any mods at all, just send it in, and we'll sort out the details as the occasion demands.

This has nothing to do with the thread lately but since I see that 5 people actually voted for an entirely different NPC I have to wonder why? I think Angelo is great and so do the testers. I'm glad that he is coming regardless. Yay for Angelo!

:)

(Well, one of those votes was me--it prompted me to vote before I could see the results, although I could have skipped it. As for the other four, I can easily buy that some might not like the concept. Or maybe they just liked the "joke" option.)

Exactly. Some of us want to see "Angela" the NPC mod.

*skips obvious joke about the Girdle of Gender Change*

There is a serious point here. Why isn't there a sarcastic, morally ambiguous, hard-drinking female NPC out there? I guess they would be sort of like Shar-Teel except less psychotic, and actually three-dimensional. Viconia is halfway there but something like a female Korgan (whether dwarf or otherwise) would really make my day. Naturally with a romance, either for male or female or (why not?) both...

Exactly. Some of us want to see "Angela" the NPC mod.

*skips obvious joke about the Girdle of Gender Change*

There is a serious point here. Why isn't there a sarcastic, morally ambiguous, hard-drinking female NPC out there? I guess they would be sort of like Shar-Teel except less psychotic, and actually three-dimensional. Viconia is halfway there but something like a female Korgan (whether dwarf or otherwise) would really make my day. Naturally with a romance, either for male or female or (why not?) both...

I always felt Chloe's personality was a little like that (the morally ambiguous part, don't know about the others), but I didn't get to play through the entire mod.

Hilganef, the dwarven bisexual drinking game mod! That's all I've got.

On a more serious note, I am very excited about this mod and I hope that when I actually have time to play other people's mods again that don't involve whiny rangers or a lesbian Nalia, that I will be able to sit comfortably and enjoy it! :) Great work.

I always felt Chloe's personality was a little like that (the morally ambiguous part, don't know about the others), but I didn't get to play through the entire mod.

Hilganef, the dwarven bisexual drinking game mod! That's all I've got.

I'd play it.

(I, err, looked at Chloe. It says her moral views are...like the "Nietzscheans" from a certain TV show or game? Not just...like Nietzsche himself? Anyone remember that dude? He's even quoted in BG1. No love?

Now from what I see, crossmod with Chloe would be something. Angelo would probably get a word and a half out before she cut him in three pieces.)

On a more serious note, I am very excited about this mod and I hope that when I actually have time to play other people's mods again that don't involve whiny rangers or a lesbian Nalia, that I will be able to sit comfortably and enjoy it! :) Great work.

:) Thanks! The "wish I had time to play other people's mods" goes double for me, really, and might be an issue when it comes to crossmod.

Speaking of which, maybe I should make a new topic, which I will do presently. As for discussion of install order/what belongs or doesn't belong--this is likely apparent to everyone, but I don't know anything! I'm just a small girl with a winged backpack.

Archived