Exceptional Strength requirement on items (i.e. 18/51)

aVENGER_(RR)

For the next version of Rogue Rebalancing I wanted to add a couple of PnP Composite Shortbows to the game and I made them follow the PnP chart for strength damage requirements. So, for a Composite Shortbow +3, I set the STR requirement to 18 and the exceptional STR requirement to 76. Well, if a character had a Strength score of 18/76 or anything up to 18/00 the bow was usable by him (as intended). However, characters with 19 Strength or higher were unable to use the bow due to "Inadequate Strength". :)

Anyway, after some more testing I noticed that any base Strength score above 18/00 doesn't have an Exceptional Strength value. I tried adding this manually by using effect #97 on BELT06.ITM but that proved futile and the character wearing this girdle was still unable to wield the aforementioned bow. Bah, just thought this might interest some of you guys, I guess I'll have to think of some other way to implement this properly. :)

Not completely, as it does work, just not for strength scores above 18/00. :)

For example, a character with a strength score of 18/83 or 18/00 could wiled a bow with a strength requirement of 18/76. However, a character with a strength score of 19 could not. BTW, note that 18/00 actually means 18/100 in AD&D.

As i understood your note, any character with 19 or better strength wouldn't be able to equip an item if this field has a non 0 value.

This is a serious bug to me that makes this field unusable.

Heh, i wanted to boast that in GemRB this works correctly, but actually, i fear it isn't :)

Gotta fix it.

As i understood your note, any character with 19 or better strength wouldn't be able to equip an item if this field has a non 0 value.

Yup, that's exactly how it is.

This is a serious bug to me that makes this field unusable.

Note that this is just for BG2 (and possibly BG1). I haven't tested it in IWD1 and the other IE games.

Archived