Version 2 - Bugs

Kelenthial

Thanks for confirming it. Just let me tear myself away from the NWN2 Toolset, and I will try to fix it up :) My husband finally fixed the system, so it doesn't have a critical failure every day so I don't have to back up like mad, and be paranoid about loosing data.

Greetings :band:

First I would like to say thanks for a wonderful mod. I just felt like giving Icewind dale a shot again since I never finished the game. I always got bored with the lack of conversation in the party and then I find this! Best Christmas present ever. Thanks a bunch. :D

Anyway. I got to the part where Isaer & Madae show up, my party is the following:

Me (Ranger)

Sir Nord

Hildury

Valeero

Jaemal

Peony (Romance)

I have Peonys avatar set as mage elven female but directly after the demon cutscene its changed to male gnome. I tried reloading and doing it again but the same thing happend. Its no biggie since I just used dalekeeper to change it back to the other one.

Another strange thing that happened when I was playing around with various NPCs at the beginning of the game was that when I have Salomeya in the party her clothes change color every now and then. Maybe its because she is a bard but I found it strange. ;)

Yet again, thanks for a great mod, I am sure I will finally finish the game this time. :D

Heya, Peony avatar thing is one of the most frustrating issues I have been combatting for about evar. The game just keeps changing her back, and all my extra scripting seems to fall short :band: Er... no pun intended!) You will be laughing, but that inability to get the characters look right is one of the reasons I want to redo the whole thing in NWN2. I am mad, I know!

Salomeya's colours change is, indeed, intended. She likes her dresses. And have fun with your game!

I just reached Chapter 3 when the Diriel Romance I was playing suddenly and without a reason broke up. At the end of Chapter 2 I still could talk to him in private but at the beginning of Chapter 3 I no longer could. I already reinstalled the mod and really don´t know what went wrong... :band:

And something else: I am not sure but should there already have been Flirt possibilities with Diriel? Because when I pressed "P" they didn´t appear.

My party is: Diriel, Jaemal, Nord, Peony, Salomeya

Oh, and the part of the mod that I already played is awesome! ;)

Your romance proceeds as normal, actually; it's just those options are unavaliable until he gets a talk out in Chapter 3. I'll be fixing this for the next version. I think that the flirts will show up then as well.

EDIT: But to be one the safe side, please check that P#DirielRomanceInactive is not set to 1 (ie doesn't exist or equals 0)

Hello! Some things I ran across when playing:

Dialogue:

- Jaemal's banter with the PC ("What makes one a man?") repeats itself later if "Such a question at this time of day!" is chosen.

- In Nikosh's banter with the PC about marriage, the option to say "Just don't forget to invite me to the wedding!" is repeated twice as 3. and 6., after "I doubt you'll find a bride here." is chosen.

- Riz's initiated flirts don't seem to trigger through chapter 4 to middle of chapter 5, until the kiss LT kicks in.

Typos:

- Nord's first banter with the PC: Well, we shall see if there is more to you, <CHARNAME>, then whats under your skirts.

- PID flirt with Riz: when before I'd simply jump is she'd ordered me...

- Interjection with Diriel when facing Xvim's avatar: (Diriel looks shocked by his own outburst, but then his eyes yet again stop on the desecrated statue of Corellon and he trains his weapon on the avatar. (missing the end bracket)

- In the description for Nord's Yuan-Ti robe: It won't win you any high fashion prises

I don't think these are bugs, but it did seem out of place:

- In chapter 1, after breaking the ranger prisoner out, Riz comments about the drums beating even though I've destroyed all of them beforehand.

- In a Nord-Jaemal banter, Nord tells Jaemal to ask Hildury regarding the Order; I didn't have her in my party, though.

On a off topic note, thanks for the wonderful mod! It's great to play through the game without lobotomised characters. The voices are pretty polished too-- I think I could listen to Jaemal all day, especially. :)

Thanks for an excellent mod, Domi. :) Sorry I didn't get around to playing it sooner. (I'm on dial-up internet so I couldn't get it properly until I used a decent download manager)

Some typos,

(Early banter in prologue between Nikosh and Jaemal about having a family and how Nikosh got into adventuring)

Nikosh Bracegirdle - It was, it most certainly was! Only the true misunderstandin' happened after I made all the deals and sold that diadem to a merchant heiress in Athkatla....If only she had not ask me to appraise her anklets,

'asked'

(Early PC initiated Jaemal flirt)

PC - Wink

Jaemal - (His face remain serious, and he then lowers his head with a quiet sigh)

'remains'

(One of the lovetalks with Jaemal in Chapter 1- when he talks about dying for the PC)

8:- Jaemal, I cannot accept this without reprocussion. Know that I am as ready to die for you, as you are for me.

'repercussion'(?)

(Early Jaemal initiated flirt when the PC breaks the ice for washing her face and Jaemal does the ice water lily)

Jaemal - Transmutation is not my strongest suit, Northern Light, but I hope it brightened up your.

(missing text after 'your' - perhaps it is supposed to end with 'day' or 'morning' ?)

Thank you, everyone. I am hoping to get some time to work on V3 this weekend to fix all the reported issues that I can fix for it! I can't promise V3 on Monday morning, but I will try to get it out before the end of February. Cheers, and thank you again for reporting!

Hello and the first order of business is to say I love this mod! :)

Now to the issues I've come across. I've had to restart to avoid a couple of these issues, but it's worth it.

I had repeated CTD when in Nikosh's inventory if a banter/talk/etc tried to come up. Instead of closing the inventory screen, it locks up and crashes to desktop. Didn't have this happen with any of the others. But current party does not have Nikosh.

Diriel/Rizdaer conflict talk that repeats. This talk overrides all other talks and <CHARNAME> reveals the name of whoever he is talking to at the moment. It stopped all other talks and banters from appearing. Advancing the variable manually corrected this issue.

Diriel's talk in C1-another <CHARNAME> issue makes the talk sound odd.

"You are but reiterating my initial statement, Diriel."

Diriel initiated flirt. "He pulls gloves on, after recording..." Should this be, He pulls (his) gloves on...?

Rizdaer C2 talk if the mirror trap is broken in ice temple. Every response is setting his interest to 1 or -1 instead of incrementing. Was this intended?

Talk with Rizdaer that sets RA=2. If you "take advantage of his skills" in the flirt, shouldn't he remember and comment if the PC says she is innocent here?

Jaemal seems to never shut up, but Rizdaer and Diriel rarely, if ever, flirted with my PC. Tried more than one game with the same results. The romances were not inactive. Maybe setting them to flirt 100% of the time but spacing them futher apart would help. In one attempt, I chose to make Jaemal's romance inactive and Rizdaer did flirt with my PC twice in two chapters. Not enough, IMO. In the games I tried, Diriel's nor Rizdaer's late flirts appeared but it seems like Jaemal's shows up every few minutes.

Some interjections from other NPCs will not appear if Jaemal is in the party. His interjections seem to take priority and knock the others off.

Should variables for Prachi and Salomeya be setting if neither have been in the party?

If the PC is female, should the "you have lost Peony's affection" be appearing?

Also a possible conflict with IWD2 Easev15 when installed on XP Media Edition OS. If Non-linear teleporting component is installed AFTER IWD2NPC, it overwrites the PID menu entirely. I tried several different install configurations and the two would not install together. One always overwrites the other completely.

Parker

Jaemal seems to never shut up, but Rizdaer and Diriel rarely, if ever, flirted with my PC. Tried more than one game with the same results. The romances were not inactive. Maybe setting them to flirt 100% of the time but spacing them futher apart would help. In one attempt, I chose to make Jaemal's romance inactive and Rizdaer did flirt with my PC twice in two chapters. Not enough, IMO. In the games I tried, Diriel's nor Rizdaer's late flirts appeared but it seems like Jaemal's shows up every few minutes.

Some interjections from other NPCs will not appear if Jaemal is in the party. His interjections seem to take priority and knock the others off.

It is annoying to say the least and made me grit my teeth every time I played but, alas, nothing can be done with that. We just have to wait for (if?) the nwn2 release.

More things I have found:

Party lineups I tried:

- PC -

Fem Elf CN or CG

Starting as Fighter, Cleric or Ranger

- Party lineups in order they were imported -

Nord/Rizdaer/Diriel/Jaemal/Nikosh

Nord/Rizdaer/Hildury/Diriel/Jaemal

Nord/Rizdaer/Diriel/Jaemal/Peony

Rizdaer/Hildury/Diriel/Jaemal/Nikosh

Rizdaer/Valeero/Diriel/Jaemal/Peony

Rizdaer/Hildury/Diriel/Jaemal/Peony

Rizdaer/Valeero/Diriel/Jaemal/Prachi

Rizdaer/Hildury/Valeero/Diriel/Jaemal

Current Party - Nord/Rizdaer/Valeero/Diriel/Jaemal

-Updating my previous post: CTD

--In all the games I've tried, the lvl 1 NPCs are the ones that are causing issues in my games. Nikosh, Hildury and Prachi CTD while in the inventory screen. Nikosh/Hildury start CTD in C1. Praci CTD the second time I opened her inventory in C0 on the Docks map. Peony did not CTD but the inventory screen kept switching back to the default male image. In each game this started in C1 with her. No CTD when I have no level 1 NPCs in the party.

-Prachi/Salomeya are not in the party, but the following variables are setting:

-- PrachiLogBlade=1 -- PrachiEnneli=1 -- SalomeyaSabrina=1 -- PrachiFordPath=1

-Other misc. things I spotted. Some could cause issues in game if the talk tries to appear and the NPC is not in the party/dead/etc. I listed the file name on some to make it a little easier for you.

-In JAROM.baf

//Diriel LT12, at waking

IF

CheckStat("jaemal",0,FATIGUE)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ChangeStat("diriel",FATIGUE,1,SET)

-In PDIRIE1.baf:

--P#DIHI2 - (No check for Nord/Salomeya dead/sleeping)

InParty("Hildury")

See("Hildury",0)

!StateCheck("Hildury",STATE_SLEEPING)

InParty("Nord")

InParty("Salomeya")

--P#DINI3 - (No check for Salomeya dead/sleeping)

InParty("Nikosh")

See("Nikosh",0)

!StateCheck("Nikosh",STATE_SLEEPING)

InParty("Salomeya")

--P#DirielTalk0A - InParty("Diriel") !Dead("Diriel") !StateCheck("Diriel",STATE_SLEEPING) !Dead("Diriel") !StateCheck("Diriel",STATE_SLEEPING)

-In PSCENERY.d

--P#HilduryNiles has not shown up in any game with Hildury in the party.

--P#HilduryDeadCat comment also has not appeared in any game with her in the party.

--P#JaemalOswald1 - You have this interjection set to appear on the second floor of the inn (AR1105) Oswald is in AR1100.

--@1851 appeared and Hildury was not in party

//Jaemal when dam and fortress are mentioned

CHAIN P#JAEMB P#JaemalDam

@1850 /* ~Orcs building a fortress ... that resemble her.~ */

DO ~SetGlobal("P#JaemalDam","GLOBAL",1)~

== P#JAEMB IF ~See("Hildury",0)~ THEN @1851 /* ~Hildury, I think you are naïve, thinking that the orcs can be converted.~ */

== P#JAEMB @1852 /* ~Where there is intellect ... led away.~ */

END 20NEWKAT AddKat

-In PHILDU1.baf

--P#HIJA3 - (No check for Salomeya dead/sleeping)

InParty("Jaemal")

See("Jaemal",0)

!StateCheck("Jaemal",STATE_SLEEPING)

GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)

InParty("Salomeya")

--P#HISA1 - (No check for Jaemal/Nord dead/sleeping)

InParty("Salomeya")

See("Salomeya",0)

!StateCheck("Salomeya",STATE_SLEEPING)

InParty("Jaemal")

InParty("Nord")

-In PDINIFL.baf

IF

Global("P#DirielRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

The next block calling for flirt to appear in game

IF

Global("P#DirielRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

-In PCONFLICTD.d (This is the one that repeats)

--~Global("P#RIDICO1","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN P#DIRIB RIDICO1

@41 /* ~Although the drow ... out of ten.~ */

DO ~SetGlobal("P#RIDICO1","GLOBAL",1)~

-Diriel's flirts

~(Many doubted that Diriel ... fall in love with a woman.~

@113 = ~(He studies you carefully, classifying, memorizing the details….~

--Missing end ).

-Correction:

--<CHARNAME> does work when one NPC is talking directly to the PC.

-Another potential conflict with IWD2 Ease

--The Random Treasure component changes many items around in the game. Interjections/talks that are dependant upon an item being in inventory either won't appear at all or will appear at an unexpected time/location. Diriel dropping the potion for example didn't appear since the component switched out the potion for bullets. As long as someone is aware this is possible, they will just have to live with the changes if this component is installed.

-Jaemal's talks seem to take the longest to load and get through in game. (longer delays/pauses in loading talk and after clicking selected response/continue) If his scripts could be simplfied/streamlined some it might help.

-What I found to be the slowest to load and get through are the multiple interjections that are not CHAINed. The ones at the Logging Village when they were saved was the worst.

I'll post the other stuff later.

Parker

Archived