Version 2 - Bugs

Kelenthial

You're welcome and I hope you had a nice vacation.

The CTD does not occur without Hildury, Nikosh or Prachi so I just don't have them in the party-Which is no big deal. Haven't tried importing any of them as Lvl 3 characters yet to see if that makes a difference, I may try that later.

A few more things to add to the list:

-In PRIINFL.d

//Early

SetGlobal("P#RizdaerFlirtEarly","GLOBAL",3)

//Medium

IncrementGlobal("P#RizdaerFlirtMedium","GLOBAL",3)

//Late

SetGlobal("P#RizdaerFlirtLate","GLOBAL",3)

-I think this one was in the RBREAK file: "You've lost Peony's affection, due to your relationship with Peony." I haven't played through Peony's romance, but I had to mention this one.

-In RBREAK.baf, for Jaemal and Rizdaer, you set Nikosh's romance inactive; Is this necessary if Nikosh is not/never has been in the party or PC is not a romance match? Going by your outlines for the romances, there are many variables getting checked/set for a PC that is not a match to the NPC.

-My female PC lost Peony's and Salomeya's affection? After this appeared again in game, I added gender checks and it has not appeared since. Apparently, the game will sometimes ignore the "NPCname"MATCH variable.

-Is Diriel's romance supposed to ever activate for a female Drow PC? I had that happen once in a previous game and forgot to list it earlier. Possibly due to him having two match variables and one or both getting ignored, if it is never supposed to happen.

One last thing... Thank you for creating this mod. I am enjoying the massive improvements it makes in IWD2. :)

Parker

-In RBREAK.baf, for Jaemal and Rizdaer, you set Nikosh's romance inactive; Is this necessary if Nikosh is not/never has been in the party or PC is not a romance match? Going by your outlines for the romances, there are many variables getting checked/set for a PC that is not a match to the NPC.

I am not worried about this one, as I don't think it conflicts with anything and it is easier for me to do whole-sale for everyone else, once you are commited to one person. Some of it is obviously a redundant code for anadoned plans and possibilities, but all the other stuff is much more benign than the other stuff you've listed.

And thank you again for taking your time to check the codes.

-In PRIINFL.d

//Early

SetGlobal("P#RizdaerFlirtEarly","GLOBAL",3)

//Medium

IncrementGlobal("P#RizdaerFlirtMedium","GLOBAL",3)

//Late

SetGlobal("P#RizdaerFlirtLate","GLOBAL",3)

Are you showing the code as it is currently displayed in the mod, or the corrected version?

Can we the players do anything to fix these errors? i have almost zero idea about dialogue scripting.

This is an incorrect version. IncrementGlobal is used in the second case, as opposite to the SetGlobal.

I think if you want to play with a male PC, you can go with the V2. If you want to go with a female and all the romancees in the party, than please, wait till V3, due to conflict banter repeat issue (or correct the Global setting).

Guest Guest

I looked in scripts and there is:

IF

InParty("Diriel")

!Dead("Diriel")

!StateCheck("Diriel",STATE_SLEEPING)

!AnyPCSeesEnemy()

Gender(Player1,FEMALE)

Race(Player1,ELF)

!SubRace(Player1,ELF_DROW)

GlobalGT("P#DiLT","GLOBAL",8)

Global("P#DirielMatch","GLOBAL",0)

GlobalGT("P#DirielInterest","GLOBAL",4)

!Global("P#DirielRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DisplayString(Player1,'Rizdaer seems to be falling in love with you.')

SetGlobal("P#DirielMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Should not there be written : "Diriel seems to be falling in love with you."

:)

Just want to be sure before I will rewrite anything.

Btw. great mod really! Thank you very very much. ; )

- PID flirt with Riz: when before I'd simply jump is she'd ordered me...

Actually, I also think that the use of she'd in that flirt is incorrect. Instead - "when before I'd simply jump if she ordered me."

Some other typos,(I'm playing somewhat slowly through version 2)

Jaemal's comment at the Kuldahar gravesite,

Jaemal - The abdominal cleric raised those who once came to defend Kuldahar...

The abominable cleric(?)

Banter between Rizdaer and Jaemal,

Rizdaer - Curse that flaming ball in the sky.

Jaemal - Don't venture southwards, Rizdaer, if the Northen sun stings you.

Northern

Sorry if it turns out these have already been reported.

I just downloaded this mod yesterday and it is wonderful. But the game has started to crap out on me. Right after I sign on the the Targos Guard (and get the Olap Tamewater quest) Nord says "What did the humans ever do to you lad" to someone and the game crashes. Error file reads like "Assertion failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line 12716".

My party consists of:

Me (druid/bard)

Valeero

Salomeya

Nord

Jaemal

Nickosh

Anything I can do to patch up that error file?

Nord is trying to talk to Diriel, when he should not - the proper check is probably missing in the code. Try setting the value of the Global P#NODI1 to 2 via the clua console before the conversation occurs. I will check tonight to make sure that it's the correct global name and post again if it is not.

Alternatively, import Diriel into the party so Nord can talk to him and drop him out again afterwards.

Hi Domi! Thank you a million times over for making this game playable! Any RPG-developer should be proud to have you on the staff. Dialogue is beatiful, and everything runs smoothly so far. I especially like Nord, he is his own all the way through.

I wanted to ask if you ever found a solution to the fact that Peony's avatar changes after Isair's and Madae's first approach?

I must admit I don't think my protagonist (male aasimar) ever found it particularly pleasant to romance a male dwarf :thumbsup:

My party;

Me (aasimar fighter)

Sir Nord

Hildury

Prachi

Valeero

Peony

Archived