Version 2 - Bugs

Kelenthial

No, I have not found the solution to Peony problem. I have a bunch of scripts running, attempting to change her back every time she dies or levels up. There is also an option in her Player Initiated dialogues that goes like "Peony you look weird, quit playing games". If you have it available, please, try it. If not, try Ctrl+Y and Ctrl+Y her. This activates script that changes her avatar back to elven on death.

@Dan: I checked the files, and the dialogue has all the proper checks for Diriel's presence in the party. I also made a search of all scripts, and this is the only place where this Global is set.

I am not sure why your game is glitching, I am afraid it could be a dialogue.tlk problem. Try to bypass this particular banter with the Global tweaking, (P#NODI to 2) and see if your characters start spouting nonsensical lines. Try talking to them via the player initiated menue. If that happens, replace your dialogue.tlk with an unaltered, backed up copy (or reinstall the game) and re-intsall the mod. That might mess up your sound-sets, but will address the problem of the screwed up dialogue talk.

For the record, do you have any other mods installed, and in which order?

Just some typos in the Interlude with Diriel at Kuldahar's Great tree,

(You place your palm on the mossy tree trunk.)

Diriel - (Your fingers feel a slow pulse of the sap, as it raises to the crown...)

(Your fingers feel the slow pulse of the sap, as it rises to the crown)

Also,

(when having armour and clothes removed)

Diriel - (With a strange care Diriel removes every piece of you,...)

Although I imagine Direl could remove every piece of the PC or remove the PC in pieces :thumbsup:, I think it is supposed to be, '..removes every piece off you'

Lastly,

(In the same encounter/conversation and where Diriel talks about his plans for the future.)

Diriel - We should conclude our present engagement....etc. Once the roads become unsafe, or your condition becomes prohibitive to traveling, whichever comes the first...'

'prohibitive to travelling, whichever comes first..(doesn't need 'the' before 'first' )

Just a query, after my PC was undressed, I chose the response where she firmly stated that she loved Rizdaer, and (as I expected) Diriel stopped the encounter. However this did not seem to break off Diriel's romance completely as the PID option to flirt with him remained. I thought that unless the PC agreed to Diriel's plans and future life together he broke off the romance?

Another thing to add to your list:

Jaemal's first talk in C2 will start while he is still unconscious.

Also, a few requests:

-Jaemal's talk at the bridge in C1. Would you be willing to add the option for the player to tell him to, more or less, shut the *#&! up? That would be my choice, regardless of what it does to the romance.

-More conflict banters between Rizdaer and Diriel after Jaemal forces the PC's choice, this of course meaning she did not choose Jaemal.

-Diriel's tree talks, before during and after. Some players may like to have the option to not be "innocent" in these talks. What if the PC was manipulating him to get what she wanted and fell in love in the process?

-If the PC does not reject Diriel, would it be too much trouble to add the possibility of the child being Rizdaer's or Jaemal's, (if she was with one or both of them). Maybe using interest count, alignment, etc. as the deciding factors in choosing the father. Those same factors could be used to determine if the NPC in question is happy about being a father, reluctantly stays with the PC for the child's sake or leaves her to her own devices. This would add some unexpected end game twists for the PC.

-And on the topic of epilogues; Rizdaer's does not seem to take into account the possibility of a LG, NG, CG PC winning him over. I wonder how many players of a Good alignment would allow him to commit murder without taking action, since it is very easy to inadvertantly corrupt him in that one talk. Not corrupted, wouldn't a Good PC have more of an impact on how their life plays out? I mention this since I had a CN Thief and a CG Fighter who got the exact same epilogue. For my CN Thief, it was believable. Not so much so for the CG Fighter.

Parker

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am waiting on that save with Peony's problem in the Fell Wood to start working on the 3rd version.

-More conflict banters between Rizdaer and Diriel after Jaemal forces the PC's choice, this of course meaning she did not choose Jaemal.

That could be a bad design on my part, because I do not interrupt Diriel's romance at that point, to enable that scene in Chapetr 5. I will make sure

As for your first 2 suggestions suggestions, thank you, but all of them will be adding another level of complexity that I cannot handle for this mod at the moment. I will be incredibly happy if I manage to fix the actual bugs and oversights.

As for the third suggestion I *do* take the alignment into account. I added extra flavour to the options during the last update to make sure it *is* clear that PC is going to be corrupted. I *want* this epilogues to come as a shock to the player who was lulled into the convenient alignment-less world of IWD2 and forgot that her lover is a sinister being and remained such, that she actually made him more dangerous. You make a first step down the icy slope in the mod, the rest happens behind the scenes, and you are presented with the result. You might disagree, but that's something I want to keep, even at the cost of players' displeasure.

...all of them will be adding another level of complexity that I cannot handle for this mod at the moment.

Understood, but it didn't hurt to ask.

That could be a bad design on my part, because I do not interrupt Diriel's romance at that point, to enable that scene in Chapetr 5. I will make sure

So you can decide if this is how you want the romance to play out, Diriel's conflict type banters and flirts started well before C5 in every game.

I added extra flavour to the options during the last update to make sure it *is* clear that PC is going to be corrupted.

I must admit it was not totally clear to me my first runthru with a CG PC. I chose my responses more carefully in following games.

You might disagree, but that's something I want to keep, even at the cost of players' displeasure

It should not matter whether I agree or disagree. My comments regarding the epilogues were not meant to offend you in any way. They were meant to provide feedback on the feeling of realism the romance may or may not leave with the player. If they, (Good aligned), read the epilogue and the first thought is "that would never happen, where's that BG disc." Some of the shock factor may be getting lost in disbelief. With that said, the epilogues are believable for N or E PCs and leave the player with the surprise of an unexpected ending.

Overall, the mod provides a fabulous addition to IWD2. I doubt I would have ever played it again otherwise.

Parker

So you can decide if this is how you want the romance to play out, Diriel's conflict type banters and flirts started well before C5 in every game.

Yes, this is how it's intended. The dialogue in Chapter 5, at the tree, though is supposed to trigger both in romance and out of romance. I think when I coded this allowance, I must have missed something somewhere that allows other dialogues to keep running (such as I decided 'oh, since it's going to come up anyway, the talks should pop up', without thinking about conflict banter.) So, yep, I will need to look into this to get something sensible in the end.

Er, no, no offence taken. I am fine with people disagreeing. But it's one particular point that I just do not want to change. Bossy, perhaps, but drow ways are drow ways. :thumbsup:

Okay, I've got the save with the Peony bug, so I hope I will be able to start cleaning the backlog tomorrow. Thanks everyone who reported the bugs and glitches and all the suspicious stuff so far. Please, if you have seen anything else, don't hold back, post it!

I went through the bug thread for version 1 correcting the typos that I missed for V2. Here are some outstanding issues to check for V2 in addition to the reported stuff:

-Hildury's ressurection subplot - still needs more testing

-Jaemal's talk with Oswald, wrong area reference (reported here)

-Salomeya's flirts dissappear for a short period of time in Chapter 1, due to the requirement for the RM=1 condition after LT3. Need to split up to a higher number with the RM=1, as the convo with Torak that pushes the Match to be set might not catch up to the main romance.

Guest Alhea

I have another bug to post:

In chapter three the conversation between Diriel and Rizdaer about the points Drow receive regarding romantic pairings with a surface Elf keeps looping.

At first it was simply annoying, but now in chapter four when I try to speak with Diriel either in private or normally that conversation keeps coming up instead.

Do you know if there's a quick fix for this? Or if I should try reinstalling and starting a new game (not my first choice, but definitely doable)?

I have the following party:

Female Elf Sorceress

Jaemal

Salomeya

Peony

Diriel

Rizdaer

P.S. It would be awesome if you were to re-make this for NWN2! *crosses fingers*

Guest BlackCath

Hi there. The mod is really awesome, but that's no place for the deserved extensive praise...

My little promblem seems to occur everytime Diriel would flirt my PC (or so I deduced for it occurs after little periods of time).

He simply repeats the conversation with Rizdaer where he says sth alike to: "Although the drow are the closest relatives to elves..." He says this to anyone who happens to be closest and when Rizdaer shold say sth about the fact he does not really enjoy the conversation :groucho: he replaces <Charname> with name of the NPC whose picture is seen on the left...

Seems that sth has got messed up :crazyeyes: ... Ah, I'm in chapter 3 and the lovetalks with Diriel were all right.

Archived