Something ive always wanted in a Dnd based game

Dr678Diablo

Ive always wanted to play an undead character in dnd games.

but since im sure im one of the very few people in the world that actually would go out a buy a game just because i could play a undead character im sure their never would be that option for it.

in addition i know nothing about modding a video game, but im looking into it.

ANYWAY

I just wanted to see if the modders on this website would be interested in such a project. Who knows maybe alot of people here would think its a good idea.

And of course Weimer's Valen has been around since the 16th century.

As far as the desire to have more of the "slavering illiterate monster" Undead, there's a reason that tends not to show up in a game like BG2. Who would welcome such a fiend into their party when they could have a companion less likely to eat their brain?

There's also yarpen's Blighter kit (scroll down to the last kit and look what happens when you reach 15th level).

As far as the desire to have more of the "slavering illiterate monster" Undead, there's a reason that tends not to show up in a game like BG2. Who would welcome such a fiend into their party when they could have a companion less likely to eat their brain?
I think it'd be cool, a bit like how Randolph Carter enlists some ghouls into his party in H.P. Lovecraft's Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath. He comes to an understanding with one of the more intelligent ghouls to gain this help, so that the other "ghouls were in general respectful, even if one did attempt to pinch him while several others eyed his leanness speculatively." Yeah, they might not talk much, but that might be a welcome change and their other skills make up for it (and vampires, while cool, are a bit cliche in RPGs).
I believe there's a kit mod out there somewhere (Moritori?) that lets you play as a vampire.

If you mean Mortis' minimods, there is a vampire kit. Sort of. All it does is boost your stats VERY high and give level drain touch. There are no vampire weaknesses such as blinded by the sun or weakness during the day or anything like that. So it's not very "real" at all.

And I would also LOVE to play a vampire. Yes there is Valen and now Miriam but it would be sooo cool to have MY pc be the vampire. I know there are likely all sorts of problems and philosopies about that but I like to play what I like to play. :)

If there is a Moritori kit somewhere I'll have to find it and check it out too.

If there is a Moritori kit somewhere I'll have to find it and check it out too.
The Morituri kit, as I understand it, is a sort of good-aligned kensai/monk. Nothing to do with a vampire or any other sort of undead. Cam probably just confused this with the Mortis minimod.

Strictly speaking, a "vampire kit" would be a race change, not a class change. You'd retain whatever class/kit you had before becoming undead. So you'd gain the advantages, disadvantages, avatar, race etc. of a vampire.

In most cases, vampires do not lose the abilities and knowledge which they had in life when they become undead. Thus, it is possible for a vampire to have the powers of, for example, a wizard, thief or even priest. In all cases, of course, the new vampire becomes chaotic evil.
[From the 2e Monstrous Manual p. 356 - the poor phrasing is not mine.]
If you mean Mortis' minimods, there is a vampire kit. Sort of. All it does is boost your stats VERY high and give level drain touch. There are no vampire weaknesses such as blinded by the sun or weakness during the day or anything like that. So it's not very "real" at all.
It appears the Mortis minimod does allow this. Seifer did the WeiDU conversion for this around 2005 judging from the readme.

The mod introduces a shop that sells evil items that can make you a lich, vampire, skeleton warrior or wraith "complete with all standard undead powers & weaknesses" and another shop that can make you a beholder, gibberling, gnoll, goblin, hobgoblin, kobold, lizardman, minotaur, ogre or orc. The readme says further that "All the changes are in-line with the rules given in the AD&D Complete Book of Humanoids..." Though maybe that just refers to the humanoids, not the undead, for which the 2e MM would've been a better source. It doesn't give any weaknesses to the vampire that I can see. Presumably the daylight aversion could be scripted (but unfortunately, one might have to resort to gunking up the global baldur.bcs script which is already overbogged on most mega-mod installs, but oh well).

There's a Lich kit too (not sure if it's a WeiDU mod yet though - Seifer offered to convert it too). Though personally, I think that makes more sense as a race.

Yeah it makes no sense to make vampire or lich or anything else a class

Should be a race or better yet a sub-race or something.

Thanks for the feed back Miloch.

It be cool if it was organized into a Undead kit where we could make ____ undead.

Havent you ever heard of the undead necromancer with mad disguise skill fool the party into thinking hes some crazy type of cleric or at least just a regular necromancer :)

That looks interesting i will look into it.

Not exactly what i was looking for. I was more so looking for a mod that let you start out as an undead.

But im looking at some tutorials.

Anyone got a suggestion at what i should look at if i wanted to create my own race or sub race?

Not exactly what i was looking for. I was more so looking for a mod that let you start out as an undead.
Well, there's nothing quite like that, since the engine limits race choices to what's there already. The Mortis mod is pretty close, since if you buy (or CLUA in) a potion right after creating your character, *poof*, you're a zombie. Or whatever.

You might also check out the subrace mods (recent post here).

Archived