Djinn/Efreet Gas Form

Demivrgvs

I don't know how they worked in vanilla (i've installed SCS II which may have changed something) but isn't it wrong that allied/summoned Djinn/Efreet became hostile when they use their gas form ability? Does it always worked this way?

Where are stored the DJINNI/EFREETI_GAS_FORM_CHANGE spells? I can't find them. :)

I don't know how they worked in vanilla (i've installed SCS II which may have changed something) but isn't it wrong that allied/summoned Djinn/Efreet became hostile when they use their gas form ability? Does it always worked this way?

Where are stored the DJINNI/EFREETI_GAS_FORM_CHANGE spells? I can't find them. :)

Probably an SCSII bug.

Actually i don't know if i have to fix it or if it's related to SCS II...can someone confirm it?

I don't even remember if vanilla ones used that ability at all! :)

Anyway a sort of fix in my mod can simply be creating 4 custom spells and use them in the custom scripts. :)

Sounds good. What's the casting time of the spell? If it's instant there's no chance for spell disruption so the djinni's opponents will have to kill it before it can cast it. If there is a significant casting time then it makes the djinni a little less difficult to kill.

IIRC they do use gaseous form in the vanilla game. I never summoned them on my side so I have no idea if they'd go hostile afterwards though. With the improvements though I'm sure I'll be using the Djinni at least. Maybe not the Efreeti if they nuke your entire party without caring...

Summoned genies never revert to gaseous form in the vanilla game for exactly this reason. They also don't use any abilities or spells that the enemies force-cast (given that they're probably not thrilled about being summoned and controlled, why would they?).

The cloud change is scripted, and they're slightly limited by the number of times they (efreeti) can change; it's possible to kill them before the script kicks in, but you can't interrupt them while changing. Djinni and dao don't ever change form (perhaps noble djinni do; can't remember).

Than SCS II is probably breaking them assigning the generic Djinni/Efreeti's scripts to them.

Summoned genies never revert to gaseous form in the vanilla game for exactly this reason. They also don't use any abilities or spells that the enemies force-cast (given that they're probably not thrilled about being summoned and controlled, why would they?).
Vanilla genies were really weak then, expecially compared to THE summon which is at the same level (i'm talking about Mordenkainen's Sword). Anyway i think they should have been coded to use all their abilities even if un-willingly because by not doing so the only thing they can obtain is a quicker death...rather than being able to survive the encounter and being un-summoned!

To discuss their improvements it's probably better to use the appropriate thread or PMs. Anyway it should be an instantaneous transformation but i think they'll probably be able to do so only once (at least the summoned ones for balance purposes).

Anyway i think they should have been coded to use all their abilities even if un-willingly because by not doing so the only thing they can obtain is a quicker death...rather than being able to survive the encounter and being un-summoned!
I believe genies return to their home plane when slain elsewhere. Death is just a quicker route to the same place.

Archived