Weidu barfs again

Yovaneth

Okay...... so I solved the initial problem...... don't mix .tra symbols and dialog strings in the same dialog file and expect Weidu to traify them.... :):)

I've still got the second 'installed with warnings' error though and also the MODDER problem. If I try to use the MODDER statement as in:

BACKUP ~dq/backup~
AUTHOR ~Yovaneth @ DragonflightDesign@hotmail.com~
LANGUAGE	 ~English~ ~English~ ~dq/english/dq_setup.tra~

MODDER dq_setup.tra NONE

//Quest title
BEGIN @20000
/* launch the ReadMe file immediately */
//README ~dq/FFTReadMe.html~

BEGIN @20002

//***************************************************
//Patch the user's ids files as necessary
//***************************************************
(etc. etc.)

- I get this rather unhelpful message:

[C:\Faerun\Shadows of Amn\Setup-DQ.exe] WeiDU version 20300
[C:\Faerun\Shadows of Amn\Setup-DQ.exe] Using scripting style "BG"
In state 702, I expected one of these tokens:
 [0] EOF
 [97] BEGIN
 [109] LANGUAGE
Parse error (state 702) at MODDER

[SETUP-DQ.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 5 column 1-6
Near Text: MODDER
	GLR parse error

[SETUP-DQ.TP2]  ERROR at line 5 column 1-6
Near Text: MODDER
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [SETUP-DQ.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-DQ.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.

So what did I miss? Has to be something....

-Y-

I am pretty sure MODDER goes before LANGUAGE...

/*
* "The BG1 NPC Project"
* Combined Tutu/BGT installer
* authored and coded by tons of dedicated people from all walks of life
* Version 15, December 24, 2007 (Miloch's revision)
*/

/* Backup folder */
BACKUP ~BG1NPC/backup~

/* Author */
AUTHOR ~The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45~

/* enable all error messages; nothing suppressed. comment this out for release version - cmorgan */
//MODDER

/* launch the readme file immediately. If you want to disable the ReadMe, place two slashes before it, like //README  */
README ~bg1npc/bg1npcreadme.html~

ALWAYS
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
/* Tell the player it is using Tutu stuff */
PRINT @1000
INCLUDE ~BG1NPC\lib\g3_tutu_cpmvars.tpa~
 END ELSE BEGIN
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR7200.are~ THEN BEGIN
  /* Tell the player it is using BGT stuff */
  PRINT @1001
  INCLUDE ~BG1NPC\lib\g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa~
  /* Tell the player it is not Tutu or BGT */
  END ELSE BEGIN FAIL @1002
END
 END

/* prep tras for sound references */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC_tmp.tra~ ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC.tra~
   EVALUATE_BUFFER
 LOAD_TRA ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC.tra~

END

/* Language Settings */
AUTO_TRA ~BG1NPC/TRA/%s~
LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~BG1NPC/TRA/english/setup.tra~

/* BEGIN The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12 */
BEGIN @1005
 /* Tells other mods BG1NPC Core is installed */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~
I am pretty sure MODDER goes before LANGUAGE...

Dead right.... I also took 'setup_tra' to mean <stick your tra file name in here>. Took me a while to figure that stupidity... gah! :)

Finally, I think Weidu is now telling me what my invisble warnings are. I have a number of interjections between canon and new characters and between the new characters themselves; looks like I need to figure out exactly which order to compile the dialog files in. That could be a real sticky one.....

-Y-

For new characters interjecting into cannon character dialogue, you're going to have to use an interject of some flavor, but for cannon characters interjecting into new character dialogue or new characters interjecting among themselves, why can't you just write it as a CHAIN?

It's all CHAIN'ed as there's no interjections per se into existing conversations (bad Yovaneth! Must use the CORRECT words when describing things). I think Weidu is quite rightly objecting to not being able to find a given (non-canon) dialog file to add a CHAIN to because that dialog hasn't been compiled yet.

-Y-

Right... it really, really does matter which order you install stuff into the game. MODDER has been an absolute godsend for debugging; the .tp2 file should flow like this:

(No particular order)

Spells

Bams

Cutscenes

Sounds

Movies

Stores

(Install in this order)

Items

Dialog

Areas

Actors (cres)

Cre scripts

Area scripts (yes, at this point because they can reference actors, items and areas)

On top of that, there's the obvious need to order your dialog files so that any dialog that has a CHAIN or INTERJECT to it is already compiled before it is called. So, Talos help you if dialog A CHAINs dialog B and dialog B CHAINs dialog A..... as I had. :) Fortunately I only had to blow away one line of dialog.

So, while I've got anyone's attention :) , is this a typo in Weidu or did I miss something? My new movies are suffixed .mve and NI quite happily plays them.

POSSIBLE ERROR: file ysdayni.mov not found in action x

-Y-

For CHAIN constructions, you just have to make sure that dialogue files are begun somewhere. You needn't have actually compiled the rest of the dialogue for that.

You can make those dialogue files available by just compiling a simple "initiate" file for your new NPCs where you begin all files. Something like this:

yovaneth_initiate.d

BEGIN NPC1D
BEGIN NPC2D
BEGIN NPC3D
BEGIN NPC4D
BEGIN NPC5D
BEGIN NPC6D
BEGIN NPC7D

then stick COMPILE ~mymod/dialogue/yovaneth_initiate.d~ at the head of your dialogue compilation in your tp2, and you're all set.

I usually copy BAMs before items and spells that reference them and scripts before CREs that reference them, but maybe just more because I'm anal than because it causes any real errors.

So, while I've got anyone's attention :), is this a typo in Weidu or did I miss something? My new movies are suffixed .mve and NI quite happily plays them.
POSSIBLE ERROR: file ysdayni.mov not found in action x

Looks like a typo to me, unless the interpreter changes .mve to .mov or something.

New movies? That's badass :).

For CHAIN constructions, you just have to make sure that dialogue files are begun somewhere. You needn't have actually compiled the rest of the dialogue for that.

Oh! - now there's useful information! Thank you, Berelinde.

New movies? That's badass

Nothing over-complex, I'm afraid Miloch; just new day-night night-day movies for a couple of my additional areas.

-Y-

Archived