Weird Wish - Please chance Avatars back to Original - Possible Reward

Guest Kekle3

Guest Kekle3

I will try to make this a short message...

I loved the way your charecters looked in the old BG 1 and Icewind Dale, but when I installed Their Expansions or Sequels I was given a fully new avatars and look of them...

Easy to say, I was very displeased, and I have tried for a long time ago, to chance thee´m back, but to no avail...

Therefore am I sending a plea to anyone ,who might be able to restore the avatars in my BG 2 game, so they appear in the same style as BG 1.

I Know that there are things like dual weilding that will crash, but you might be able to make it so that thoose animations will be using the new models.. Even though it will be looking awfull.

I am hoping for some responses, and If anyone is able to make a !solid working! "Chance Back avatars Pack" I will be willing to pay/donate:

SHOCK SHOCK

30 $ via Paypal

SHOCK SHOCK

Please, I really mean it...

It has bugged me for five years now, so im rather desperate :'(

So, someone send me a link this way since you guys might be able to help me with this problem?

I'm not sure how is this a gemrb issue :)

You can change gemrb to use the bg1 avatars.

in avpref.2da change 0x6000 to 0x5000

Or in your saved games, change all avatar id's from 0x6XXX to 0x5XXX

I don't know if this would work in the original game, probably not.

But it would work with GemRB.

Uh, sorry, I directed him here after he posted this topic in the General Modding Discussion. It's very difficult to use the BG1 avatars in BG2 as the file formats are different etc. But I reckoned GemRB would manage it due to its awesomeness :)

Guest That guy who offers money

Hmm.. I have tried to understand this GemRB.

Lets say I installed IWD1 with the expansion (that made the players look like bg2 style! ARGH HATE IT!) and then somehow launched it with GemRB, and then used those unusual commands that you told of, then it would work?

Maybe if this was used too It could work...

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=15558

Guest Still the guy who pays
Hmm.. I have tried to understand this GemRB.

Lets say I installed IWD1 with the expansion (that made the players look like bg2 style! ARGH HATE IT!) and then somehow launched it with GemRB, and then used those unusual commands that you told of, then it would work?

Maybe if this was used too It could work...

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=15558

Lets say 50 $ if somebody makes a easy-to-use thingy that works for BG 2 or IWD

As Miloch posted, small amounts of money are not likely to entice anyone that's not already interested in seeing this done. I have yet to see anyone aside from yourself express interest in this.

In all likelihood, this would not be a simple or enjoyable task (and perhaps even an impossible one) and the benefit it would provide to the community would be fairly small. Therefore, anyone who could potentially do it would be treating it as pure work, and would likely expect to receive pay accordingly, which it doesn't sound like you are willing to offer. If you are not satisfied with what is available currently, your best bet would be to learn how you might go about this yourself. There are people here willing to provide assistance to diligent individuals who need a helping hand when they hit roadblocks.

Guest Moneydude

As Miloch posted, small amounts of money are not likely to entice anyone that's not already interested in seeing this done. I have yet to see anyone aside from yourself express interest in this.

In all likelihood, this would not be a simple or enjoyable task (and perhaps even an impossible one) and the benefit it would provide to the community would be fairly small. Therefore, anyone who could potentially do it would be treating it as pure work, and would likely expect to receive pay accordingly, which it doesn't sound like you are willing to offer. If you are not satisfied with what is available currently, your best bet would be to learn how you might go about this yourself. There are people here willing to provide assistance to diligent individuals who need a helping hand when they hit roadblocks.

Orr... I know... Actually I know one other guy from another forum who tried to do so. But to no effect as it was very hardcoded. I also have tried to do once.

I worked on making the mage look different, limited success to say at least. I could make him stand up with old model. But several problems occured such as his walking animation was.. Well.. Lying down!

I gave up. It's just that.. Man.. Couldnt they just have made it a OPTIONAL INSTALL! Argh, maybe if I could find a beta testing version.. (Getting insane ideas here!) The old screenshots where always with the old models...

Guest Thagdarf

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/1pp

I am sorry if I'm not supposed to hotlink, been to long since the last time I was here, and old age and all that kicking in :)

Just remembered this mod when reading the OP's post, and thought it might fix hes problems ?

Anyways keep up the good work guys, looking forward to the day I can play all the IE games with iwd2 like 3E rules!

I know that between BG1 and BG2, bioware raised the speed of characters by 1.5. I guess that there is more frame per animation to handle this speed up... If this is the same with IWD and its extensions, I guess it will be hard to go back to the original animations.

Archived