Human-sized Elves?

Guest Guest

I know changing Avatars/character animations is a big problem usually - requiring lots of tweaking of many induvidual files.

I wonder though; would it be possible to scale up the Elf avatars until they're roughly equal to human size and would (I assume) then by able to use human weapon animations without requiring much (any?) tedious tweaking.

Humans and Elves already seem to use the same general cuts, thrusts and swings of various weapons, I assume the only difference is the way those animations are located in relation to the animation of the character itself, depending on race.

Probably seems quite nit-picky and pointless, but aesthetically I think the Eld avatars are the most interesting, it just bugs me that they're so small. I think Realms Elves (as opposed to D&D Elves in general) were supposed to be Human sized and larger.

Resizing avatars is unfortunately just as difficult as making the new set of avatars, it includes the setting up of where the weapons/equipment should end up etc and still the painstaking work on every frame of every bam. We've been through this discussion in relation to sizing the elven avatars down for female gnomes that have authrocious male dwarves animations.

Elves of all subraces are considerably shorter than humans, with males averaging 5'7" and females 5'2" in height, and considerably slimmer (males ~94 lb. and females ~74 lb), according to Races of Faerun. Though I'm wondering what sort of heroine addicts the writers took them for with weights like that, or maybe it's just some poor math in metric/imperial conversion or the like. I suppose you could just swap human and elven avatars if you wanted your elves to be taller (a la Tolkien or whatever).

Elves of all subraces are considerably shorter than humans, with males averaging 5'7" and females 5'2" in height, and considerably slimmer (males ~94 lb. and females ~74 lb), according to Races of Faerun. Though I'm wondering what sort of heroine addicts the writers took them for with weights like that, or maybe it's just some poor math in metric/imperial conversion or the like. I suppose you could just swap human and elven avatars if you wanted your elves to be taller (a la Tolkien or whatever).

It's probably a matter of relative tissue density in Elves' bodies that accounts for their light weight. Most of them have builds that are more slim and graceful than those of Humans, to use one example for comparison. Sylvan Elves are an exception, though.

- E

Archived