Sheri the Bardess

First a great THANKYOU to all who made RE happen. I haven't played most of them yet so I don't want anyone thinking I'm playing favorites (even if I am, just don't think it :) )

Maybe it was the late night playthrough. Maybe the candlelight, the music, the incredible voice. Maybe the dancing dialog. Maybe just an overactive imagination. Whatever the cause I can only say I never wanted an NPC to join more than Sheri.

I envisioned a toss of the coin, the baiting of breath, and then the sweet surrender of Sheri, agreeing to join me in my quest. Singing of our adventures at each of the Taverns we visited... but such was not to be.

Still as I travelled I thougtht of that coin. Did perhaps it mean that I might still find her? Perhaps at another Tavern, stopped over on her way to Waterdeep? Another chance encounter! Another toss of the coin!! Another chance to have her join me in legend!!! ....... But no she was not there.

So I travelled on despondent, a truly pitiable demi-god really. Covered in mud, nerves frayed from the constant bickering of the elf triplets when in the distance... Is that a keep? Perhaps she is there I think to myself, yes stopped over on her way back from Waterdeep with her new ward!

But wait! why all these clerics looking sullen, telling me not to go in that a great evil lies below. I cannot listen for I know she is in there now... trapped in some horrible manner waiting for me to rescue her from obviously impending doom!!! And there she is... sigh... I thank the gods, oh wait I am one almost, I thank ME. I know now that perserverence (pining) was really divine inspiration.

I round the corner ready to enter the chamber where she is held (who only knows the tortures she has survived waiting upon my rescue of her). And there I find her...sitting in front of the fireplace. "What took you so long?" she says in that voice that kept me awake at night.

Speechless I stare ..... but who is that with her? My, her ward is rather attractive isn't she???

Or ...umm something like that.

Thankyou for the mod. If any of them deserve to break out and become a full fledged NPC my vote is for Sheri.

Many thanks for your kind words. I like her alot, too, obviously :)

I don't know if she would ever make it as a joinable, but she has alot to offer. She suffers from one fundamental flaw - she could never compete with Keto. In fact, if Keto was amenable to wild romance, she would probably never have been thought of.

She is the property of Kulyok, as I gifted her, Renal, etc. and any rights she cares to implement to Kulyok and Romantic Encounters. But if I ever get a chance to write a female joinable NPC, I think she is sufficiently bedded in my psyche (er... ok, pun intended) that her basic nature will probably creep in there and infuse the effort.

That's funny you should mention that about Keto. It never entered my mind to compare the two, lol, Bards... it all seems so obvious now. I think in my mind though it was more that they where filling different needs...ahem...uh functions..I mean on a joinable NPC basis that is. :)

Joking aside. And above and beyond the great voicing (hats of to you Domi, I have a weakness for that accent). I really liked the way you laid it out. But it did spark the imagination for me on the type of play I have been attempting recently. Which is trying to breath more spontineity into my game. Like trying to time certain arcs to hit around the same time and then overtiring my group so they are all complaining. LOL cheap thrills but with all the great mods, to which I am fairly new, I have a lot to work with.

I digress. It was the coin toss that really caught my attention. I thought, now how cool would that be to have an NPC that uses a randomizer like that prebuilt into a story arc. And there are certainly enough Taverns to make it interesting. So just out of curiousity exactly how much of a nigthmare would it be to code something like that?

I took my first stab at coding dialog today useing one of the Noob guides and I'm still sweeping portions of my hair off the floore. And that was a copying excersize. :) I did at least get it to work though, other than the portrait that is. I have a whole new respect for the time everyone puts in to make these mods happen. Just a question though, not a request. Curious if it is even within my reach before I hit 60.

Caelellowynn, you may get your wish, but not with Sheri. Rumor has it that the pawns are moving...

reeaaallllyyyy...yeah I have absolutely no idea what that means but....reeaaahehehehllllyyyy. You said things like getting my wish (always a good one in my book) and Rumor has it (I've been known to gossip) and the pawns are moving (drawing a total blank on that one but it sounds important).

I look forward to the future then.

Even as the pawns are moving (though I have no clue as to where or why), I join every possible dreamer there is who hopes for an expansion or even better, a joinable Sheri. I've made a habit of visiting her with different kinds of NPC's just to hear their comments about her songs. (Viconia and Edwins was very in-character) As I sat there, reading their banters, I couldn't help to think that Sheri would be a welcome addition since I don't have Keto, and Haer'Daelis is still a chaotic neutral fellow who complains when my PC does too many good deeds. A bard should praise such fame, even a doomguard.

Too bad, Sheri ran for Waterdeep despite my claim that we would meet again. Thankfully, Viconia didn't mind me one last meeting with her. Sigh... :)

Even as the pawns are moving (though I have no clue as to where or why), I join every possible dreamer there is who hopes for an expansion or even better, a joinable Sheri.

I am sure we'll see more of cmorgan's work in time. So far only RE has his (released) writing contributions, but, hopefully, it will change.

(My dream is that he'll finally fix Branwen Romance, which may not hold the same potential as Sheri, but it still hasn't been working for five months now. But I guess I might just as well keep dreaming. :) )

(My dream is that he'll finally fix Branwen Romance, which may not hold the same potential as Sheri, but it still hasn't been working for five months now. But I guess I might just as well keep dreaming. :) )

I wouldn't mind that dream either. It's been a while since I played BG, but I recall Branwen was a lawful good cleric.. or was it a neutral good? Nevertheless, it would give the PC a romantic interest without having to include another Cleric to fill the void. Aerie is good but sadly multi-classed.

Well, there's always Level 1 NPCs, so you can have Aerie, Nalia and anyone else as a single-classed female cleric in no time. :)

(Come to think of it, you can have Anomen as a single-classed female cleric in no time, as well, but let's not go there. Though... hmm. It *is* RE forum, after all.)

My secret hope(when v1 was released) was that the mod was dead done, finished and over. You can't imagine how lazy I am. :)

On the other hand, you never know when you, or someone else, will have an romance-related idea and say "Oh! Just what I always wanted to write(or play)!" RE is just such a place.

When we've got enough new components(we have two for the time being, by gertjanvh) - maybe 45, maybe 50 - we'll release a v3.

Archived