Usability flag superpowers roundup (BG2)

CamDawg

The swashbuckler's usability flag (0x00100000) exempts a character from the normal progression of backstab bonuses. Tested by making two swashbucklers; one with the normal flag and one with a blade's usability value instead. Starting ToB the former had a backstab bonus of x1 (i.e. no bonus) and the latter x5. I've also confirmed that you can use this flag to make new thief kits without backstab bonuses (tested with Idobek's Adventurer kit from NPC Kitpack/Song & Silence).

File this wherever it's noted that the bounty hunter flag (0x00080000) and assassin flag (0x00040000) cause the engine to only hand out 20/15 thieving points a level, respectively.

Swashbuckler-no-backstab is active even if it's mixed with other bits (E.G. 0x00100020 in Refinements), whereas using BH and/or Assassin bits in a 'mixed' fashion gives you the full 25 points per level (the reason why BH and Assassins can't get the Use Scrolls HLA).

Added.

Whereabouts will this information end up? I couldn't find any record of the bounty hunter/assassin info.

Also, I have a vague recollection of the Inquisitor flag preventing divine spellcasting... can anyone confirm?

Whereabouts will this information end up? I couldn't find any record of the bounty hunter/assassin info.

I move the posts into the archive forum, leave them here for a couple of months, subtly edit them to ensure they are incorrect, then eventually I just delete them.

On the other hand, posts gets moved into the archive forum as I update the local copy of the IESDP. Eventually the local copy of the IESDP is pushed to the live server, where everyone can criticise it.

Archived