Gnome multiclass illusionists

I've recently noticed that gnome multiclassed illusionists (F/Ill, C/Ill, T/Ill), unlike single-class illusionists, are not required to have a 16+ Dexterity. (Overall, this hurts them, since the game rerolls stats until they meet the minimum requirement for the class, though it does make for more options when redistributing.)

I didn't see a separate listing for such multiclasses in abclasrq.2da. Does this mean this "bug" (if we choose to see it that way) is unfixable?

(I notice also that Quayle's dexterity is only 15. Should the tweakpack allow those with BGT or Tutu installations to "fix" this?)

I didn't see a separate listing for such multiclasses in abclasrq.2da. Does this mean this "bug" (if we choose to see it that way) is unfixable?
Good question. Someone with more knowledge of the engine would have to answer that. I doubt the engine would recognize an ILLUSIONIST_THIEF entry.
(I notice also that Quayle's dexterity is only 15. Should the tweakpack allow those with BGT or Tutu installations to "fix" this?)
I think I put this in "Gnomes." A more serious problem is that gnomes don't get the saving throw bonuses they should, at least not until they level up. Neither do dwarves and halflings for that matter. BG2 corrects this for the most part, but the defect still remains in Tutu (and presumably the BG1 portion of BGT).

Well, we could amend the GTU to take out bogus references to the 16 Dex requirement :). I'm not sure I like it though, since I've modded all gnome illusionists to have the minimum Dex, if they didn't already. But we've done the same in the BG1 GTU for bogus Strength (and other stat) requirements for weapons, since the weapon can't enforce them and ignores them.

Archived