New version of Easytutu?

coaster

Hi David

I noticed that there is a new version of Easytutu released in beta (see link ) which features "the Baldur's Gate 2 spell system, instead of using converted Baldur's Gate 1 spells as it had in the past. In practice, this means much less buggy spells, and far less in the way of minor / cosmetic spell errors (e.g., spells assigned to the wrong school)."

Will this affect compatibility with SCS - and if so should I continue to use the older version of Easytutu if I wish to continue using SCS?

Thanks in advance,

coaster

I'm currently playing through the new easytutu beta with scs1 installed (and a few other mods) and so far so good, tho i cant tell if anything is wrong since this is the first time I'm using scs.. but is it me or do the sleep spells the mages now love last a really long time? i haven't played any of the IE games for awhile but i don't remember them lasting ages, after a mage fight my elf's or magic resistance members are the only ones standing, the rest are fast asleep for what feels like ages while i wait for them to wake up.. maybe its just me but oh well.

Another thing while im here, is using defjam experience tweaker recommended in use with scs? i dont mean compatibility im talking in general "is it sane to use both" means, I've only reduced the creatures xp to 75% that of normal, and the Nashkel mines were a bitch since half my group were still on level1.. seems do-able but i guess I'm just worried i wont hit the level cap at all get slaughtered when i do Durlags tower or the final battles..

Although i do have to say thank you for making me fear mages and priest's once again. :D:)

SCS doesn't tweak sleep, so if it's different it must be for some other reason.

I don't have a specific Defjam recommendation - certainly, the 2 1/2 playthroughs I've had of SCS were without it and it seemed to be adequately challenging. If you do use it, though, bear in mind that actually a 75% tweak does less than you might think: XP per level is roughly exponential up to about level 8, which means that a 75% tweak corresponds to being maybe half a level behind where you'd be without the tweak.

SCS doesn't tweak sleep, so if it's different it must be for some other reason.

I don't have a specific Defjam recommendation - certainly, the 2 1/2 playthroughs I've had of SCS were without it and it seemed to be adequately challenging. If you do use it, though, bear in mind that actually a 75% tweak does less than you might think: XP per level is roughly exponential up to about level 8, which means that a 75% tweak corresponds to being maybe half a level behind where you'd be without the tweak.

but is it meant to last that long? the sleep spell.. im not clear on the proper spell rules..

ill have to time it the next time i happens, tho im pretty sure my battles with mages who cast these spells straight away are lasting much longer then 30 seconds, with members who were affected by the spell still asleep.

ill have to time it the next time i happens, tho im pretty sure my battles with mages who cast these spells straight away are lasting much longer then 30 seconds, with members who were affected by the spell still asleep.

30 seconds per caster level means 2 minutes of sleeping for a level 4 mage, 3 minutes if level 6, etc so that quickly becomes a lot of time. (If the game's spell works like BigRob is suggesting; I cannot check because see below...)

For your question if "is it meant to last that long?" -- would not the easiest way to check be to see what the spell description says for the Duration? I would do that for you except that I just come home from a party and is going to bed :)

Archived