Compatibility with TutuGUI

DavidW

Does anyone have working links to Lordrea's 1280x1024 fix for the tutuGUI mod? To date I've been playing in 1024x768 but it's pretty ugly on a 19" flatscreen
I am quite sure that it's in this is one, the same one I already showed you.

Besides that, you need to of course use the Widescreen mod(or it's in there already) to get the 1280x1024 resolution.

Guest Drizzle
Does anyone have working links to Lordrea's 1280x1024 fix for the tutuGUI mod? To date I've been playing in 1024x768 but it's pretty ugly on a 19" flatscreen
I am quite sure that it's in this is one, the same one I already showed you.

Besides that, you need to of course use the Widescreen mod(or it's in there already) to get the 1280x1024 resolution.

Ah, so it is. Sorry for wasting your time then, that'll teach me to be making assumptions. Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

I am preparing a BG1 play thru with some of the great mods available and with my personal mod i am slowing working on (nothing major, but will have questions for features I would like to add to BG1 w/ Tutu of course.)

One mod I of course will be using is the Widescreen mod, which I would assume works for my monitor reso size being 1440x900, correct?

I really want to have my play thru with BG1 w/ Tutu and other mods to have the great features that Tutu offers but still feel the nostalgic of the Original BG1.

I have researched and found the Original BG1 GUI.

My questions are, does the Original BG1 GUI work for monitor reso's like mine and compatible with Widescreen?

Where can I read more on TutuGUI or is it the same as Original BG1 GUI?

Much thanks in advance!

One mod I of course will be using is the Widescreen mod, which I would assume works for my monitor reso size being 1440x900, correct?
Yes.

I really want to have my play thru with BG1 w/ Tutu and other mods to have the great features that Tutu offers but still feel the nostalgic of the Original BG1.
I suggest you to use the BG1Tutu only if you don't have the English game and so don't want to have English language. Use the EasyTutu if you do.

My questions are, does the Original BG1 GUI work for monitor reso's like mine and compatible with Widescreen?

Where can I read more on TutuGUI or is it the same as Original BG1 GUI?

It's the same thing, Widescreen mod is compatible, but only if you install it after any GUI altering mod, like the (LadeJarl's )Tutu GUI (v1.8).

For whatever reason, the compatibility fix in v18 doesn't work at 960x600 resolution (I don't like the tiny inventory at high resolutions, so I added this one to my display driver). LadeJarl had it right, though. If you open the GUWBTP**.mos files in DLTCEP you'll notice that the widescreen mod jumbles up the palettes, and this apparently confuses Baldur's Gate II enough that transparency ceases to work. All you need to do to fix it is open up each file, push "trim palette," and save. After that it all works fine, with no green boxes to speak of. (You need to make the edits after installing the widescreen fix, and without installing the widescreen partial-compatibility component of TutuGUI.)

This might be worth a fix, if there's anything that can be done about it.

EDIT: Fixing only the files above leaves a green square above the clock if you minimize the left panel. I reordered the palettes in all the files changed by the widescreen mod, and it went away. I don't know which file it was that finally got rid of it.

If dltcep indeed fixed the palette problem, then the problem was apparently that the transparent color index was changed from 0 to something else. (reorder palette fixes that).

This bug is not immediately apparent, because it causes greenness only in one of the rendering modes (hardware vs software).

I just don't understand why WSM would change the transparent color index on the fly.

Bigg: If you don't change it on the fly, then you can always use dltcep to fix your copy :blush: Without classes in image processing.

I just don't understand why WSM would change the transparent color index on the fly.

Bigg: If you don't change it on the fly, then you can always use dltcep to fix your copy :blush: Without classes in image processing.

In enlarging/padding the various BAM files, I sometimes hit the 256 unique colors per 64*64 tile limit and are thus forced to recalculate a new palette on the fly. Would keeping palette #0 immutated solve the problem?

Guest Sanpat
Done (check git for both WeiDU and widescreen).

So, can we assume that WSM is fully compatible with TutuGUI? Do we still need TutuGUI's partial-compatibility component.

Guest HFloyd

Hey guys.

I installed BG1 EasyTuTu so that I can take advantage of my widescreen monitor yummyness. I then installed the widescreen mod and set it for my current resolution (1680x1050). For some reason the bottom panel of the GUI and the right-hand panel doesn't show up.

- I installed the BG1Gui Mod hoping it'd fix it and still no luck.

- I then noticed that you're supposed to install the GUI Mod, THEN the widescreen mod, so I re-installed the widescreen mod and still same problem.

Playing BG without the dialogue box or being able to monitor party HP is impossible. Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:.

Archived