opponent ai not working properly with missile-protection spell

Guest Icanus

Hi there,

i have noticed a ai-bug in my bgt-game, which i think is the stratagems fault: i just cleared the firewine ruins, i had protection from normal missiles cast on one of my party members, and as long as the spell was active the kobold commandos didn't attack me with their fire-arrows or even didn't attack my party at all some times. When the spells duration was over they acted normal again. I guess they where meant to just not spill their arrows on the protected party member.

Is this a known bug? Sadly i can't provide my weidu log, as i have overridden it some way.

greetings

Icanus

Icanus,

this is not a bug at all. It's part of the detectable spells/stats of SCS (correct me if I am wrong, DavidW).

My personal favour would be for having the detectable spells/stats kick in after one round in which the enemy AI try using their default attack and realizing that their attacks are not effective, they'd then switch to alternate form of attacks.

But if I remember correctly, DavidW told me it was not posssible to code such a behaviour.

Icanus,

this is not a bug at all. It's part of the detectable spells/stats of SCS (correct me if I am wrong, DavidW).

My personal favour would be for having the detectable spells/stats kick in after one round in which the enemy AI try using their default attack and realizing that their attacks are not effecting they'd then switch to alternate form of attacks.

But if I remember correctly, DavidW told me it was not posssible to code such a behaviour.

hi salk,

what i was saying is, they act as if EVERY group member had protection from missiles on them, although only dynaheir had. Is it possible to code that they just won't attack the one they can't hurt (don't know much about scripting)?

Icanus,

My personal favour would be for having the detectable spells/stats kick in after one round in which the enemy AI try using their default attack and realizing that their attacks are not effecting they'd then switch to alternate form of attacks.

hi salk,

what i was saying is, they act as if EVERY group member had protection from missiles on them, although only dynaheir had. Is it possible to code that they just won't attack the one they can't hurt (don't know much about scripting)?

It is, and if they're not, it's a bug. Specifically it's a not-known bug, which I'll try to fix.

@Salk: it's possible (more or less) and actually it's what the archer AI tries to do. But it's very code-expensive, which is why I don't do it for spells (17,000 lines is bad enough; 33,000 would be getting silly.)

I've reproduced this. It turns out that in SCS v8, Protection from Normal Missiles paralyses every archer in the game.

... I guess this counts as protection!

Workaround: edit dw#ranged.baf in the scs/genai folder, and replace "OR(13)" with "OR(6)". Then reinstall that component.

Archived