Assertion failed in CCGameEffect.cpp at line number 1536

ericp07

_REGXP is invalid. This is failing likely because of bad quoting or because the editor you're using isn't playing nice.

Download this TP2 (Option-click to download; or right-click and select Download Linked File), move it to the BG2 folder and run ./weidu-mac testo.tp2 -- this should check and fix any errors; you can post the report here afterward.

Good deal. I got the file. It will be some time before I can use it, as I'm packing some of my things up today, after being given a 30-day notice where I live. I'll have to suspend my game-related activities till I improve my situation.

Thanks,

Eric

OK, had to set up my computer again, so while I was at it, I ran the testo.tp2 file. It showed that it fixed some of the fire giant things, as well as something to do with Kiyone's bow (bow2?), then it listed everything that's installed. I forgot to copy the output so I could post it here, but I suppose another test game will indicate whether or not the problem is solved.

- E

Guest Salamander

Damn, I have exactly the same assertion error -- 1536 -- while trying to rest in the Planar Sphere. Got it earlier in Irenicus's dungeon as well, but fixed that by uninstalling everything except the G3 Core Fixes.

Can someone point me at a diagnostic tool so I can get some logs up? Would really like to solve this -- it's breaking my game!

Thanks.

Guest Salamander
Try Nythrun's fix. Unzip and copy the 3 items to your Baldur's Gate II directory and double-click the .command file (as with any mod).

Nythrun's fix seems to have, ah, fixed it. Thank you so much. Can't think how I would have found that otherwise. Great stuff.

Archived