NPC stutter bug

Guest penguin

Guest penguin

Hey again,

Sorry I've been posting so much lately with different issues, but this is the last one, I swear!

So basically, npcs are having trouble bantering SOMETIMES, they make the selection sound, turn toward another character, then do nothing. The wierd thing is, it only happens sometimes. The banters do work occasionally..

I've had this at least once with each member of my party of myself, dynaheir, minsc, imoen, jaheira, and khalid. But, the wierd thing is, this happens fairly frequently but the banters DO work sometimes, both with each other and with me. After reading many threads, I assumed ctrl+I forces triggers, so I tried hitting it repeatedly. Sometimes, nothing happens, other times, npcs do the turn-and-selection-sound thing, and other times the banter will trigger correctly.

Sooo I was wondering if I'm just getting stutters because I ran out of banters (I have the banter accelerator installed and I'm in chapter 5, but I did all of the quests before entering baldur's gate + durlag's tower + some of the quests in baldur's gate and NOW i'm on wolf island) or if something else was wrong

Thanks!

Guest penguin
I've seen this reported before but I can't remember where. Can you post your WeiDU.log file.

I'm about to fight sarevok now so it's not much of an issue, but hopefully this will help other people with the same problem

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components)

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Wyrm's Crossing.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location. -> Tiax Starts in Baldur's Gate.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> Sarevok's Diary Date Changes only

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Immunity

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

~IMPROVEDBAMS/IMPROVEDBAMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Inventory BAMs

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Longhaired Female Elven Mage Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Female Cleric and Druid Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Male Half-Orc Paperdoll

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Longhaired Female Human Fighter Avatars in Full Plate Armor

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Male Human Barbarian Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Male Human Mage Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Female Human Mage Avatars

// Recently Uninstalled: ~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Male Monk)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Male Vampire Avatars

// Recently Uninstalled: ~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install Female Vampire Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Male Vampire Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install Female Vampire Avatars

~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Female Human Rogue Avatars

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Altered Spells

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Cleric Kits

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters -> Arcane & Divine Magic

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19

Guest penguin

Oh and while we're here, dynaheir's LT 26 (the one after entering Undercity) doesn't trigger, even after I tried AdvanceRealTime(999999) (current LT value is 51) any ideas?

I will take a look -

I am not sure about the Banter problem. I know that a cartain number of traditional banters are actuall sound-only ones, so they are supposed to turn to eachother and say something only through sound (vanilla game) - I always trigger a bunch of these when running through the banter accellerator. But I will take a look at both that and Dynaheir's Undercity LT tomorrow night.

The closest thing I found was a possible problem with PID and Branwen as reported here - seems to have been fixed and you don't have Branwen, but maybe it's similar.

The conditions for that Dynaheir LT as per p#dyrom.baf seem to be: PC is a match and in romance with D, chapter=7, dream=7, no enemies present, party rested.

Archived