Version 1 is available!

Kulyok

But they were Harpers, all the Harpers deserve to be offed. :)

Tutankhamun died at like 17 or so I think. He probably died from teen angst, no one understands the boy king, poor Tut.

Ha! I feel the same way about the Harpers!

And I guess it depends on which book you read on Tut. I have a good amount and his age of death ranges from about 14 up to about 24.

Anyway I've begun with Angelo and the "heya it's me Imoen" part got me laughing. I do enjoy a sense of humour in a man!

Guest Sephira

Huzzah! I reinstalled Baldur's Gate after quite some time just to play this again. I've been playing for a little over an hour, and I wanted to say both thank you, and mention some things I like so far. No spoilers, I don't think.

1) Progression of romance. Not that it's, well, much of anything at this stage in my game. But it's so nice to finally have a romantic interest for my character who stands on his own two feet and doesn't fawn. So many mods out there (Tsujatha especially, which I never liked for the following reason) turn your would-be suitor into a fawning sap whose sole character development becomes how much he wuvs you so vewwy vewwy much and how magical and wonderful you are . . . or, worse, the tables are turned, and all dialogue options seem to infer that the PC spends all her time making boo-boo-kitty faces at him and heaving maidenly sighs. Thank you for not turning my game into a bad LiveJournal romance poem.

2) I really like how talkative he is, once you get him started. It was nice to ask questions and get some real clever dialogue back, instead of just a few one-liners. It's funny to note that he seems to get in so much more than the PC does, though.

PC: Blah blah blah?

Angelo: Oh! Haha! Bla bla bla bla. Blablabla. Bla? Blabla! Blablablabla blahbliddy-bla. Bladdibby bo-blabla? Blablanna bla?

PC: Bla.

I tease, but it's cute. It's great to have a character so full of interesting things to say. (That don't involve how shiny and magical and beauteous I am . . . damn you Tsujatha, I want those three hours of my life back!)

3) His "solution" to my Imoen problem was completely unexpected, and worth more than a few laughs.

4) I appreciate how much depth you've put into his backstory . . . even the fake stories he tells you. It means a lot to know you put so much care into further developing him beyond another sword to swing in my party. So thank you for that.

Well, I think that's enough blathering on my part. But this is definitely one of the more polished and well-plotted NPC mods I've seen out there. So far, I'd recommend it to anyone. Thanks for your hard work, you guys. :)

Tsujatha, haha. I never liked him, but I never did much of the romance with him. I think Sillara confused confidence with arrogance. I hated his "I know more than you" attitude, no matter what you talk about he has some comment on how you're doing it wrong unless you're doing it his way. His "Good is worthless unless it is achieved" comment was the final nail in the coffin. One upping everyone isn't endearing either. There where some other things but these were the main grievances.

One thing I don't like is, NPC's leaving forevar!! when you kick them out, I know for the purposes of immersion it's better to assume the NPC has something better to do than wait around for <CHARNAME>, but convenience should take precedence in this case. I don't care how unrealistic it is for Nalia to wait around in the Copper Coronet, I want her to be in there. It's a game at the end of the day. Saerileth does this too I think, as does Yasraena, though I like her the best.

But on to more positive things, Angelo is fun.

I know 'Holla' was explained but I still chuckle at it.

I like how he shares his wisdom without lording it over you, and that he accepts responsibility. Not a lot of mewling, crying, whining, and yelling at <CHARNAME> for crap she/he didn't do. I'm not finished yet, good going though. A breath of fresh air he is.

:) Thanks all, again!

As far as King Tut goes, I pulled "fourteen" out of the air. I'm seeing eighteen implied on wikipedia, from whence I get all my information, so I'll go with that...

I find it probable he withered away, deprived of the joy of playing Baldur's Gate II.

Here's some candy for you:

:) Omigawd I'm still recovering from that movie! "Screen this for my class," said the professor whose TA I was. "I have to warn you it's kind of sad." I screened it on the day before break and the whole room was in tears. "Well on that cheerful note," I said, "happy Thanksgiving everybody!" I hope your turkey dinners don't turn to ash in your mouths!

I can't believe they actually make that candy. I wonder if it tastes salty like tears.

It's funny to note that he seems to get in so much more than the PC does, though.

PC: Blah blah blah?

Angelo: Oh! Haha! Bla bla bla bla. Blablabla. Bla? Blabla! Blablablabla blahbliddy-bla. Bladdibby bo-blabla? Blablanna bla?

PC: Bla.

:) I guess anyone romancing him is necessarily a woman of few words. But seriously, yeah, it's hard to write for the PC without putting words in his/her mouth. From what I've seen, Amber tries a bit harder in this department.

As far as romance goes, I can't say anything for or against Tsujatha (never having played him), but I have read that he quotes Shakespeare to you while Solaufein quotes Yeats and Rimbaud. For his part, Angelo at one point unwittingly paraphrases Charles Bukowski. And if that's not romantic, it's time to admit I just don't know what women want...

(I've got to stop imbedding links in text. Whoever taught me to do this didn't know the monster they were unleashing on the world.)

I like how he shares his wisdom without lording it over you, and that he accepts responsibility. Not a lot of mewling, crying, whining, and yelling at <CHARNAME> for crap she/he didn't do. I'm not finished yet, good going though. A breath of fresh air he is.

:) I think it works out that while Angelo frequently puts in his oar as to what you should (or shouldn't) do, he never comments on what you have done once you do it. After all, no matter how bad it is, odds are he's put up with worse.

Congratulations to you both on the release! Sounds as though you've already got some enthusiastic players on your hands there.

Thanks! :) I guess female gaming/modding population is much more active: for one, de'Arnise dl stats are fantastic, but the forum is relatively quiet.

(And, hey, Aklon-2008?)

Archived