Comments on "Anomen and Ashara"

cliffette

;) It is actually believable that your Bhaalspawn thinks Anomen is wonderful - we all forget that she's had a cloistered lifestyle, with only guards such as Hull or farmers such as Dreppin (?) to admire. Anomen would look great compared to them (and since leaving Candlekeep, she's only met a select few characters who were not out to kill her). I like how you mentioned the other dialogue options, but explained them from Ashara's point of view.

Only problem I can see is that it's moving too quickly! The first paragraph contains the entire BG1, and the remnants skip over Imoen's capture and Irenicus' dungeon... but I guess they're not the point of the story. ;) I assume that Jaheira took the lead in BG1 while Ashara followed, thus managing to retain her naivity. Anyway, it's just getting juicy. ;)

Well, much like I said on your previous writing here, I do like your writing BevH, though I wish for more as well ;)

And I have to give you credit. If someone managed to retain some of their innocence in BG I, then as Cliffette said, Anomen then does look like a good choice. It is also definitely possible that in BG I the Bhaalspawn wasn't ready for a romance as well.

Heh, guess I am stuck in the mode of "world-weary traveller" after the events in BG I.

;) It is actually believable that your Bhaalspawn thinks Anomen is wonderful - we all forget that she's had a cloistered lifestyle, with only guards such as Hull or farmers such as Dreppin (?) to admire. Anomen would look great compared to them (and since leaving Candlekeep, she's only met a select few characters who were not out to kill her). I like how you mentioned the other dialogue options, but explained them from Ashara's point of view.

Only problem I can see is that it's moving too quickly! The first paragraph contains the entire BG1, and the remnants skip over Imoen's capture and Irenicus' dungeon... but I guess they're not the point of the story. ;) I assume that Jaheira took the lead in BG1 while Ashara followed, thus managing to retain her naivity. Anyway, it's just getting juicy. ;)

Thanks you for your kind words, Cliffette!

And yes, the first paragraph moved things along very quickly. As you noted, it's not really the main focus of this story and I wanted to get to it as quickly as I could, but also mentioning the things that have gone on before they got to the CC. I did make mention of Imoen's capture because I believe that Imoen has had an important role in Ashara's life. As for Jaheira, Ashara looks to her as a mother-figure, so yeah, Jaheira would have taken the lead quite frequently. I'll also delve into that relationship as the story goes along.

Well, much like I said on your previous writing here, I do like your writing BevH, though I wish for more as well ;)

And I have to give you credit.  If someone managed to retain some of their innocence in BG I, then as Cliffette said, Anomen then does look like a good choice.  It is also definitely possible that in BG I the Bhaalspawn wasn't ready for a romance as well.

Heh, guess I am stuck in the mode of "world-weary traveller" after the events in BG I.

Yep, I think she's still pretty much a babe-in-the-woods character despite the events of BG1. As Cliffette noted, she lived a cloistered life in Candlekeep until Gorion tried to spirit her away to who knows where. And the events in BG1 would have kept her too occupied to even think of the possibility of romance.

But I think most of her innocence here will be in the romance itself. I mean, who did she really have to teach her of the finer points of courtship?

Ah, Dreppin, my eternal love...

Er, I mean, nice story! I find it refreshing to read a sweet story about Anomen. Bashing him can be funny, but I don't think he's really as bad as he is made out to be in a lot of fanfiction and mods out there. And Ashara is charming. I have to say I'm curious how the slayer change would affect someone so, well, nice. ;)

Ah, Dreppin, my eternal love...

Er, I mean, nice story! I find it refreshing to read a sweet story about Anomen. Bashing him can be funny, but I don't think he's really as bad as he is made out to be in a lot of fanfiction and mods out there. And Ashara is charming. I have to say I'm curious how the slayer change would affect someone so, well, nice. ;)

Ah, we shall see. ;)

And thank you for the comments!

I'm looking forward to the next installment of this, BevH. I must admit to a guilty pleasure of always liking Anomen. (I think it's the 'My Lady,' and his earnest courting that does it! ;) )

I really like the way you have described Jaheira and Minsc supporting Ashara and Jaheira telling Anomen off. I wish they did that in the game!!

Ashara is my favorite fantasy name ;) The story certainly reflects and emphasises the naive charm that BG creators tried to put into Anomen's romance.

I mean, who did she really have to teach her of the finer points of courtship?

Why, but Coran of course ;) Or one of other sexy Bg1 males... She should have dumped Khalid and Jaheira! That's what my PC always does ;) ;) ;)

But seriously - a sweet story.

I'm looking forward to the next installment of this, BevH.  I must admit to a guilty pleasure of always liking Anomen.  (I think it's the 'My Lady,' and his earnest courting that does it! ;) )

I really like the way you have described Jaheira and Minsc supporting Ashara and Jaheira telling Anomen off.  I wish they did that in the game!!

Thank you for the kind words.

As for Jaheira telling off Anomen, I think it's only natural, since she's the PC's guardian. And I agree, this should have been included in the game. ;)

Ashara is my favorite fantasy name ;) The story certainly reflects and emphasises the naive charm that BG creators tried to put into Anomen's romance.

I mean, who did she really have to teach her of the finer points of courtship?

Why, but Coran of course ;) Or one of other sexy Bg1 males... She should have dumped Khalid and Jaheira! That's what my PC always does ;) ;) ;)

But seriously - a sweet story.

Heck, and here I thought I made up this name. ;)

I've always worked out the untold story as I play the game, so I'm glad to see that it fits with the romance.

And as for teachers... she was always too busy with other stuff like staying alive to really even notice there might have been a prospective love interest. :p

I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Archived