Killing Deirex during initial cutscene

CamDawg

Working on the Saemon stuff reminds me of a bug I run into quite a bit--Deirex. Once you enter his area, he initiates dialogue and a cutscene starts. He imprisons you during the cutscene and sends you to meet Jaraxle.

... except that, on a number of occasions, a couple of my party members will attack and kill him during the cutscene. The cutscene uses this:

IF
 True()
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
CutSceneId("JARLICH")
Wait(1)
ClearActions(Player2)
ClearActions(Player3)
ClearActions(Player4)
ClearActions(Player5)
ClearActions(Player6)
MoveToPoint([551.1046])
ForceSpell(Player1,LICH_IMPRISON)
Wait(1)
FadeToColor([20.0],0)
END

One of the scripters help me out here--is the Wait(1)--or possibly the brief time before Deirex initiates dialogue--allowing the party to fire off actions which are subsequently not subject to ClearAction()? Can we reorder the actions to fix this and/or use ClearAllActions() instead? Player1 isn't an issue, as (s)he has her own action block in the cutscene and I've never had Player1 go after Deirex.

We could clear all actions before the cutscene (might work, might not), but I would prefer making Deirex neutral and then have him Enemy() after you reappear from Jarlaxle's plane (this is basically the same as the githyanki attack -- making them neutral fixes everything).

Extending the script to give Player2-6 something to do would probably also work (IF True() THEN R#100 CutsceneID(PlayerN) Wait(1) END).

I like simple solutions.

IF 
 !Global("JarlaxleHQ","GLOBAL",0)
 !Allegiance("jarlich",ENEMY)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride("jarlich",Enemy())
END

// deirex killed during cutscene fix 1/2; see jarlich.cre
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar2207.bcs~ ~bg2fixpack/baf/ar2207.baf~

// deirex killed during cutscene fix 2/2; see 2207.bcs
COPY_EXISTING ~jarlich.cre~ ~override~
 WRITE_BYTE 0x270 128 // allegiance: neutral
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

We could clear all actions before the cutscene (might work, might not), but I would prefer making Deirex neutral and then have him Enemy() after you reappear from Jarlaxle's plane (this is basically the same as the githyanki attack -- making them neutral fixes everything).

Yup, adding a ClearAllActions() before StartCutSceneMode() in Deirex' dialogue state #1 should probably do the trick.

Archived