2 bugs

Revy

Hi, I'm here again.

Right now I'm at work and I can't recreate the 2 problems with a clean installation + fix pack (I'll do it this evening).

I'll post now anyways as a reminder, otherwise I'm sure I'm going to forget it.

1-After the illithium quest, the NPC inside the temple give another quest where I should go to talk to another NPC in the nearby temple. That NPC is nowhere to be found.

I've read that this quest should be obtainable only if you are a cleric, but I'm a warrior.

Whatever could be the point, I have the quest, but the NPC is missing.

2-This is not exactly a bug, but it's kind of stupid. When you are in Brynnlaw, and set free Claire and bring her to Golin, he tells you how to enter the asylum. Good. The problem is that even if you are just came out of Spellhold with Imoen and all, if you go to talk to him again, he will just tell you *again* how to enter the asylum (on a side notes, the journal entry on hot to go inside the asylum is still there too).

The dawnbringer should be on the northwestern platform in the temple of Lathander (next door to the Helm temple). Everybody gets this quest.

I thought all the stuff locked up once you left the asylum? Anyway, easy enough to change Golin's (probably a PIRPIR or something) dialogue to block this reply if you've already escaped Spellhold.

The dawnbringer should be on the northwestern platform in the temple of Lathander (next door to the Helm temple). Everybody gets this quest.

I'm sure he is not in the temple at all. I'll try again with only the fixpack to see if it is a bug of the game or maybe a mod.

Look for 'Sain' round about coordinates 642, 627.

I thought all the stuff locked up once you left the asylum? Anyway, easy enough to change Golin's (probably a PIRPIR or something) dialogue to block this reply if you've already escaped Spellhold.

Yeah, and found a bug in Desharik's dialogue to boot--in one of his branches to send the party to Spellhold, he's not setting the PPdeshSend variable. He's also not consistently setting the AsylumPlot variable, but it doesn't matter as the ensuing cutscene sets it for him anyway. One branch also sets a 'PirateAsylum' variable which isn't used anywhere else, but it's harmless.

So, .d code to fix Desharik's variable setting and to disable replies for Golin and Claire:

// in one branch, desharik not setting var of sending party to spellhold
ADD_TRANS_ACTION PPDESH BEGIN 18 END BEGIN 0 END ~SetGlobal("PPdeshSend","GLOBAL",1)~

// if party already has already gone to spellhold, disable transitions to ask about how to get in
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER PIRMUR09 15 ~Global("HasAsylumWardstone","GLOBAL",0) Global("PPdeshSend","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 0

// if party already has already gone to spellhold, disable transitions to ask about how to get in
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER PIRMUR10 12 ~Global("HasAsylumWardstone","GLOBAL",0) Global("PPdeshSend","GLOBAL",0)~ DO 0

Archived