Revision suggested

Miloch

DavidW, I assumed you would see this and get to it in due course, but apparently there's some question whether you'd mind if I uploaded an alternate tp2 in the meantime?

Well, I'm slightly reluctant to say yes to this because it's not actually a bug (it's untidyness at most). The reason it's causing trouble is a bug in SpellPack: to quote my entry on the BWL forums,

The reason you're having trouble with that piece of SCS is this line (line 48 of the SpellPack tp2):

COMPILE ~SpellPackB4/SpellsAndEffects/CommonEffects/Scripts~ ~override~

It's modelled on the COPY_EXISTING ~SpellPackB4/Stuff~ ~override~ lines, but COMPILE doesn't work that way (as I'm sure you know - it's just a typo, I imagine). If you give COMPILE two arguments, it just COMPILEs both of them. So in this case, it COMPILEs everything in ~SpellPackB4/SpellsAndEffects/CommonEffects/Scripts~, and then goes on to COMPILE everything in ~override~ - including any uncompiled files which other mods may have left lying around in the override folder.

If you cut that ~override~ line and just leave it as

COMPILE ~SpellPackB4/SpellsAndEffects/CommonEffects/Scripts~

then the problem will go away.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I didn't notice that - compiling the whole override is definitely wrong, heh. But on a similar token, no need to put unnecessary files in it (not an urgent "fix" but "untidyness" as you say, to remedy at some point perhaps).

Ah, ok. Yeah, I didn't notice that - compiling the whole override is definitely wrong, heh. But on a similar token, no need to put unnecessary files in it (not an urgent "fix" but "untidyness" as you say, to remedy at some point perhaps).

Indeed, I'll fix it next time I release.

Archived