BG2 ToB Menu & Item Glitches

Guest Disconnected

Guest Disconnected

I'm running BG2 SoA+ToB with the latest patch & G3 Fixpack. My machine is a Q6600, 2GB RAM, 8800GTX, running WinXP Pro+SP2. The Widescreen Mod runs in 1600x1200x85 resolution, as does desktop.

Everything works fine, and seems stable. In fact, the Widescreen Mod seems to have fixed the assertion errors I was getting. But it introduced a couple of graphical glitches:

The pictures of items in the item descriptions, don't display properly. It seems like the transparancy is messed up somehow (looks brownish).

Some slots on the paperdoll/equipment screen, and in the main game screen, have the wrong colour & an oddly coloured border.

I figured you'd like to know if you didn't already, and I know I'd like to hear about possible resolutions. Not that it's terribly important. It's a very, very minor & purely cosmetic problem after all.

Guest Disconnected

Heh, I feel like an idiot now, but thanks a lot. I ever so methodically disabled 3D acceleration because the game was crashing prior to me installing the Widescreen Mod, and the BioWare fora suggested disabling it might help (which it didn't really, but ..)

Archived