Liches immunities and other things

Guest anonymous

Guest anonymous

One thing I noticed is that for some reason when I fought against the liches is that they seem immune to all damaging spells under level 6. This is after I cheated to knock down all their magic protection with spells scrolls like Spellstrike just to make sure and see if my spells were actually working against the lich. Is this actually intended because it is rather annoying not to be able to down a lich with spells like fireball which does no damage.

One other odd thing is that during my battle with the lich, one of my characters managed to poison one with those Bolts of Bitting. I know a liches and all undead should not be affected by poison.

Liches are, with the exceptions of Dispel and Remove Magic, immune to spell levels less than six - it's Bioware's way of saying "You must be this tall to ride the Lichacoaster".

Immunity to poison is not conveyed by lichdom in BG2 (the item with grants a garden variety lich its immunities does not include poison immunity) - only Nevaziah, Azamantes, and VonGoethe (ugh) have it, and they also have other special perqs. We'd have to add more immunity items to liches to make them immune, and the justification is a bit tenuous.

Archived