Interesting Interjection CTD

erebusant

I haven't narrowed this one down any more yet, but occasionally for no real apparent reason, and various NPC's spout off with an interjection, it will cause my PC to lock up, and the HD LED screams along like it's doing a defrag or something, then I CTD with the MS error notification message. I can return to my previous save with no issue and play on, and the CTD appears completely random. I'll need to start taking notes to be certain if it is the same dialogs that trigger this or always different ones, or if it triggers once on a dialog and works appropriately the next time that dialog cycles thru.

I haven't narrowed this one down any more yet, but occasionally for no real apparent reason, and various NPC's spout off with an interjection, it will cause my PC to lock up, and the HD LED screams along like it's doing a defrag or something, then I CTD with the MS error notification message. I can return to my previous save with no issue and play on, and the CTD appears completely random. I'll need to start taking notes to be certain if it is the same dialogs that trigger this or always different ones, or if it triggers once on a dialog and works appropriately the next time that dialog cycles thru.

To follow up on this, I suspect it may have something to do with the different dialogs and the timers. This morning I had 2 CTD's in fairly rapid succession where Shar-Teel spouted off with her "Must you continue with this infernal racket?!" interjection. After reloading again and continuing thru the pirate cave in the Lighthouse area Shar-Teel dialoged again with her tale of her apprenticeship with Ysena & being captured by the Fist. Perhaps it has to do with the Romance timer expecting a particular dialog and different dialog being displayed?

To follow up on this, I suspect it may have something to do with the different dialogs and the timers. This morning I had 2 CTD's in fairly rapid succession where Shar-Teel spouted off with her "Must you continue with this infernal racket?!" interjection. After reloading again and continuing thru the pirate cave in the Lighthouse area Shar-Teel dialoged again with her tale of her apprenticeship with Ysena & being captured by the Fist. Perhaps it has to do with the Romance timer expecting a particular dialog and different dialog being displayed?

Here's some more info for you to narrow this down. At this point the CTD only occurs when Shar-teel spouts her "Must you continue with this infernal racket?!" interjection. The most recent occurence was this morning on the Shipwreck Coast after the Shoal-Droth encounter. When the party rested I had the"Book Reading" dreamtalk with Shar-Teel, then upon completing the rest she would almost immediately spout off with the interjection, and I would get the CTD. This occured about 10 times in a row (at least it gave me the chance to test all the dialog options of the dreamtalk) until I tried moving a little way down the coast before resting. This time when Shar-Teel gave her interjection, Imoen's picture appeared with a reply with "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" for the text, and I was able to click on that and continue.

erebusant, is this on a Mega? 'cause if it is, it would really, really help if you could drop the following (decompiled) files to us, please -

IMOEN2.DLG IMOEN2.BCS and of course SharTeel. It is entirely possible that this specifically has to do with Imoen stuff being misaligned by prior mods. I know you are working with stuff *after* BGT conversion, but there may be other mods that mess with Imoen to a major extent, and we will want to rule that out first :band:

erebusant, is this on a Mega? 'cause if it is, it would really, really help if you could drop the following (decompiled) files to us, please -

IMOEN2.DLG IMOEN2.BCS and of course SharTeel. It is entirely possible that this specifically has to do with Imoen stuff being misaligned by prior mods. I know you are working with stuff *after* BGT conversion, but there may be other mods that mess with Imoen to a major extent, and we will want to rule that out first :band:

Here are the decompiled files. I thru in Kagaij.d as well from having a CTD after his interjection about Imoen andthe main character being a "bookish pair" as well. It probably is something off in the IMOEN2J.dlg because I think she is supposed to be the one to reply to him. http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtop...id=372719

This is on an install with only BG2 Fixpack and NEJv691 + v694 patch prior to BGT install and then BG1NPC follows immediately.

Archived